What Toho Books, Posters, Misc did you just buy?

For the discussion of Toho comics, books, posters, trading cards and any other merchandise that doesn't fall under the other categories.
Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

What Toho Books, Posters, Misc did you just buy?

Post by Kaijunator »

Picked up G:ROE #16 today, loved it.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

20th Century Boy
Futurian

Re: What Toho Books, Posters, Misc did you just buy?

Post by 20th Century Boy »

I just bought Godzilla: Kingdom of Monsters trade #1. I own all the IDW Godzilla trades so far, but I've never touched this series after hearing how horrible it was. But the completionist within me gave in and I used Amazon's 30% off a book promo they had a few days ago.

ILL GREEN
Gotengo Officer

Post by ILL GREEN »

Just got The Modelling of Godzilla book and I'm disappointed.

I thought it was gonna be a book on techniques of making a Godzilla figure or even a chronological listing of all the Godzilla toys made since 1954. It was nothing like that. Just showed mostly the figures Diamond released this year and a little bit on the sculpting of the XPlus G'54.

Do not get this book. I could easily just logged on Entertainment Earth and see the same figures.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Last thing I bought was The Art of Japanese Monsters by Sean Linkinback. Good looking book. Im quite happy with it.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

1954-2000: Super Godzilla. Really looking forward to reading this one :D

gigan72
Keizer

Post by gigan72 »

Went to Hobby Lobby and saw the tin Godzilla signs. Passed because I owned it. Looked at the posters. Found this for $24.99, but it was on sale for $12.49. :huge:
Resized Image
[quote="KaijuFiend"][quote="Birdman"]Do you like what you see?[/quote]
No, and if I didn't value my eyesight so much, I'd bleach my eyes so I never had to see that shit again.[/quote]

11-22-13/11-23-14/12-27-14

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Just got the Mothra 2 Super Complete Works

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Nakajima photo book.

Really cool with a lot of behind the scenes photos. Definitely recommend picking it up
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

ILL GREEN
Gotengo Officer

Post by ILL GREEN »

I bought this off Hobby Link Japan, still up for sale btw. Entirely based on the '70s era of Showa. Excellent book, I did not know Gigan's buzzsaw was actually a vibrator imitating the effect.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Godzilla: Cataclysm
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

A book on Kaiju anatomy and the mechanics of the machines from the Godzilla films

H-Man
G-Grasper

Post by H-Man »

Two issues of the Brazilian magazine "Herói Gold" and one issue of the Brazilian magazine "Sci-Fi" that have articles about Godzilla.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

I recently got this Rash guard from a discount website that has daily deals! Other than being a lifelong kaiju fan, I'm also a big fan, and practitioner, of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and other combat sports & martial arts. This came out about a year ago, it had a limited release, and every time I saw it pop up, I wasn't able to purchase it. But a few weeks ago, after missing my opportunity multiple times and giving up hope, it is MINE!!!!!! I swear I was destined to have this, it's the perfect combination of my love for Kaiju and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu/Submission Grappling.

H-Man
G-Grasper

Post by H-Man »

H-Man wrote:Two issues of the Brazilian magazine "Herói Gold" and one issue of the Brazilian magazine "Sci-Fi" that have articles about Godzilla.
Two more Brazilian magazines: "Set" and "Henshin Especial". Both have articles about Godzilla.

schvanzbass
Interpol Agent

Post by schvanzbass »

I was informed today that a friend of mine who is a horror author went to a Con for horror/sci-fi in Atlanta this week and snagged me a "Bob Eggleton poster of Godzilla and King Ghidorah."

I think this may be it. I haven't got to go get it from him yet.

*EDIT*

I received tho poster from him tonight and behold! Friggin sweet! I've just gotta get a frame for it.

I'm gonna start doing horror/sci-fi/kaiju/exploitation film reviews, check it out won't you?

http://www.facebook.com/michaeljayreviews

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

Godzilla: Rulers of Earth #4, #6, and #7. Got em last month for $13 all together.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

H-Man
G-Grasper

Post by H-Man »

My copy of Eiji Tsuburaya: Master of Monsters arrived this week. I also put in an order for Ultra Ciência issues #1, 3 and 18. Ultra Ciência was a Brazilian photo comic that ran for about 25 issues back in the early 1960s. The panels are stills from the film. Issue 1 is Rodan, 3 is H-Man and 18 is Rei dos Monstros (transl. King of the Monsters). However, I'm not completely sure that the latter is Godzilla for reasons you'll see below. :shock:

H-Man
G-Grasper

Post by H-Man »

I got a copy of Encyclopedia of Monsters by Jeff Rovin from a friend. It's not a Toho book per se, but most Toho monsters show up in it.

Janjira54
Gotengo Officer

Post by Janjira54 »

Recently hung my 24x36 posters of Godzilla Vs Mothra (92) and Godzilla 2014. They look great!

Israha
Monarch Researcher

Post by Israha »

I've just got Dark Horse's Godzilla: Age of Monsters, and I'm quite dissapointed. Thought it contains all 16 issues, but not. Does it mean that issues 5-16 were never released as a TPB?