GODZILLA VS MIGHTY MORPHING POWER RANGERS

For the discussion of Toho comics, books, posters, trading cards and any other merchandise that doesn't fall under the other categories.
LegendZilla
Sazer

Re: GODZILLA AND MIGHTY MORPHING POWER RANGERS

Post by LegendZilla »

The fact that a crossover such as this is coming into existence brings us one step closer to Godzilla Vs Ultraman, or even Godzilla Vs Gamera becoming a reality.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Leviarex
JXSDF Technician

Post by Leviarex »

Full look at the cover variations for issue #1:

More than fitting that the Dragonzord will be the first Zord Godzilla goes up against.
Last edited by Leviarex on Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

darthzilla99
JXSDF Technician

Post by darthzilla99 »

This will be interesting. Since it mentions Aliens, I wonder if Rita will team up with the Xilieans with maybe both of them plotting to backstab the other?
GVK: TNE is a modern day 70s Showa Godzilla movie. Being a massive budget modern blockbuster CGI film instead of traditional 70s tokusatsu techniques doesn't change that. Fight me.

Anguirus and Godzilla being friends in the Showa series is cannon. Deal with it.

Monsterverse is not similar to either MCU nor Bayformers just because all three are big budget CGI blockbuster franchises.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Re: GODZILLA VS MIGHTY MORPHING POWER RANGERS

Post by JAGzilla »

Woah! I have basically no experience with Power Rangers, but Godzilla doesn't do crossovers like this often. This is a big deal! If it sells, it might kick the door open to all kinds of other crossover possibilities!
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

darthzilla99
JXSDF Technician

Post by darthzilla99 »

When it comes to power scaling for this comic, how powerful should Godzilla be in comparison to the other Zords/Power rangers monsters? I know lots of fans on Facebook want Godzilla to basically walkthrough the Zords no sweat but we all know that's unreasonable. Should he be about even with the dragonzord? Takes both the Megazord and Dragonzord together? Ultrazord level?
GVK: TNE is a modern day 70s Showa Godzilla movie. Being a massive budget modern blockbuster CGI film instead of traditional 70s tokusatsu techniques doesn't change that. Fight me.

Anguirus and Godzilla being friends in the Showa series is cannon. Deal with it.

Monsterverse is not similar to either MCU nor Bayformers just because all three are big budget CGI blockbuster franchises.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

darthzilla99 wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 8:05 am When it comes to power scaling for this comic, how powerful should Godzilla be in comparison to the other Zords/Power rangers monsters? I know lots of fans on Facebook want Godzilla to basically walkthrough the Zords no sweat but we all know that's unreasonable. Should he be about even with the dragonzord? Takes both the Megazord and Dragonzord together? Ultrazord level?
If Godzilla is far beyond Rita's control he is bare minimum equal to Ultrazord.

The Rangers just from how many zird formations they have should be able to keep up with him however.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

darthzilla99
JXSDF Technician

Post by darthzilla99 »

miguelnuva wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:05 pm
darthzilla99 wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 8:05 am When it comes to power scaling for this comic, how powerful should Godzilla be in comparison to the other Zords/Power rangers monsters? I know lots of fans on Facebook want Godzilla to basically walkthrough the Zords no sweat but we all know that's unreasonable. Should he be about even with the dragonzord? Takes both the Megazord and Dragonzord together? Ultrazord level?

The Rangers just from how many zird formations they have should be able to keep up with him however.
Resistance to mind control doesn't mean greater strength and power scaling in fiction. There's lots of characters in the DC universe who are more powerful than Batman but are way more susceptible to mind control than Batman.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

darthzilla99 wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:28 pm
miguelnuva wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:05 pm

Resistance to mind control doesn't mean greater strength and power scaling in fiction. There's lots of characters in the DC universe who are more powerful than Batman but are way more susceptible to mind control than Batman.
Rita doesn't mind control her monsters, she either rules them through fear or over powers them. Tommy was the only time mind control was used by her.

If Godzilla is too much for Rita he is too much for the Rangers.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Yeah, I'm willing to bet this goes the way of GvK with Godzilla beating the Zords and then getting saved by the Zords and teaming up with them against one of Rita's creations and a giant-sized Goldar. The synopsis reading "other kaiju" also has me hyped. Does this mean we might see some other kaiju, even if in small roles? Could this comic end with this universe gaining a MMPR team of their own with Zords based on the Godzilla pantheon?

There's so much great stuff in this announcement outside of the aspect of Godzilla vs. MMPR. It means finally, after a LONG 25+ YEARS, Toho has loosened its grip on crossovers. For those unaware, Toho nixed the ideas of Godzilla vs. Terminator and Superman in the 90s with Dark Horse, and more recently with vs. Transformers and Cthulhu/Lovecraft in the previous IDW run. This could kick open the door for more long awaited crossovers. I fully expect, if this sells well enough, Godzilla vs. Transformers (also owned by Hasbro) to be announced in the next year or so.

I know 100% I'm getting ahead of myself here, but there are so many properties I'd love to see Godzilla and his kin get thrown against. Imagine Godzilla fighting giant-sized Deadites and his own "Evil Godzilla" born from the Necronomicon of Army of Darkness.

So yeah, VERY excited for this crossover. But I am even MORE EXCITED for what this crossover means.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

If this book does well it could bring out big crossover possibilities like we could have Godzilla in the MCU, Godzilla in One of those animated movies from DC, or even and actual fight between Godzilla and Gamera… as long the other Company agreed that Godzilla should win, yeah I don’t know if Toho has loosen the grips that Godzilla should win in a cross over or not. There was a Actual pitch for Godzilla vs Gamera but it didn’t happen because the company that own gamera wanting their monster to win but toho wanted Godzilla to win, so the pitch was scrapped.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

Yeah, considering Toho approved, Godzilla is either going to win or it’ll be a draw
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:57 pm If this book does well it could bring out big crossover possibilities like we could have Godzilla in the MCU.
I don't think Toho's gonna give up their deal with Legendary that fast lol

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Gigantis wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:59 pm
Thatguy4683 wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:57 pm If this book does well it could bring out big crossover possibilities like we could have Godzilla in the MCU.
I don't think Toho's gonna give up their deal with Legendary that fast lol
I was more thinking of legendary Godzilla going into the MCU

EdGojira
E.S.P.Spy

Post by EdGojira »

Growing up I would often think about this sort of thing. Granted, it was SPD or Dino Thunder that I imagined going up against Godzilla because that's what I watched. Imagine an amped Mesogog against Goji. Epic. But I digress. Might be the first comic I go out of my way to get. Hopeful for Evil Dead, Transformers and Universal Monsters crossovers.

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:55 amThis could kick open the door for more long awaited crossovers. I fully expect, if this sells well enough, Godzilla vs. Transformers (also owned by Hasbro) to be announced in the next year or so.
Godzilla vs. Transformers would be the fulfillment of a dream I've had since the mid-1980s.
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations
Site Director | Media Relations

Post by Chris55 »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:55 am I fully expect, if this sells well enough, Godzilla vs. Transformers (also owned by Hasbro) to be announced in the next year or so.

Although that would be cool, no idea if it would happen
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... 235060895/
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Issue #2 synopsis & cover revealed. For some reason I never even considered that other Godzilla kaiju could appear in this.

GODZILLA VS MMPR #2
​(W) Cullen Bunn (A) Freddie Williams II (CA) Netho Diaz, Freddie Williams II
From IDW Publishing and Boom! Studios, two titanic powers collide in a cross-company collaboration event you never expected . . . but makes complete sense!

Godzilla battles the Megazord . . . and no matter who wins, the world will be at great peril from the combined threat of the Xilien invaders and Rita Repulsa! And if a giant robot and a giant monster weren't cataclysmic enough, how about Gigan - a cybernetic space monster ready to fight them both?

Written by superstar scribe Cullen Bunn (Godzilla: Cataclysm) and illustrated by artist extraordinaire Freddie Williams II (Batman/TMNT)!
In Shops: Apr 27, 2022
SRP: $3.99

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Well, it certainly looks like this series will be very battle heavy, which is very cool and makes logical sense. I didn't think of it until now, but despite my lukewarm feelings towards power rangers, it's exciting for Godzilla to fight a "new" enemy that he's never fought before. The Megazord isn't exactly a typical mech like Kiryu or JJ: the big sword gives it some differentiation. I really like that design of the Godzilla on the cover of issue 2. It's kinda gross-looking, but looks like a more monstery version of 84.

I do also hope Rita has some big fun monster for them to a ll fight.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Ryu
Samurai

Post by Ryu »

https://twitter.com/IDWPublishing/statu ... 6557658112
An inside look at the making of. The art is really good.
Computer geeks ....we’re not so easy to kill.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:36 pmI do also hope Rita has some big fun monster for them to a ll fight.
If Rita does have a monster or two of her own, while I know the MMPR comics from Boom tend to come up with their own, I really hope for this crossover they use some old monsters from the TV show. I'd love to see the Toho crew fight against or alongside King Sphinx, Pudgy Pig, Eye Guy, or Pumpkin Rapper.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."