The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
HillyHulk
Yuki Special

Re: The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

Post by HillyHulk »

Spoiler:
What happened to Gigan, why did it become so dysfunctional?
This was a pretty fun match by the way.
Spoiler:
I liked how Gigan started taking the fight seriously eventually.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

The final match was pretty good, and the fight’s themselves were tense as all hell.
Spoiler:
And Gigan’s finisher to the Attack Titan was downright awesome.
Gigan had a great month. Here’s to the next one. 🍺
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

New KWC Multimedia, an animation, watch it. https://www.tohokingdom.com/blog/k-w-c- ... egodzilla/

I thought it was pretty cool. Liked how it was more than just a simple kaiju fight, and it utilized the three combatants and their powersets very well.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

*Watches the ending*

Welp, there goes all of humanity. :lol:

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Damn, that was beautiful. A long time coming for these three and yeah worth the wait. Splendid work!

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

That was amazing. Plain and simple.

Tom crafted a masterpiece once more.

Tomzilla
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by Tomzilla »

Thank you everyone for the kind words! This project has been in development for a few years now and it was nice finally being able to see it through to its completion. Expect more KWC Multimedia videos from me in the future. ;)
Monster Sightings Video: GHIDORAH | King of Terror!
“Everyone, deep in their hearts, is waiting for the end of the world to come.”

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

Well, we have a new Multimedia match! Major kudos and thanks to Tom who crafted an extremely fun, action packed video. I think every monster gets to shine here, and I especially love Super Mechagodzilla's entrance. The voice acting is also fun and campy, especially the scene of KaijuX getting vaporized.

Overall, easily the best animated match yet for the KWC. If I had a complaint, and its a nitpick at most, they are:
Spoiler:
1. Maybe I missed an email, but why wasn't I murdered? I volunteer as tribute to die in the next match. :lol:
2. While I understand the choice for the name Hakai, I think its a tad weak. proceeds to dodge arguments from everyone who loves the name
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Damn, that was a crazy Kaiju Mash. Splendid work!
Spoiler:
That happy ending for Showa Baragon made me smile. I was amused at how Maguma's roar at Godzilla almost offended the Titan, but respect the balls.

CommanderPhoenix
Monarch Researcher

Post by CommanderPhoenix »

This was a great match. A mash of monsters I never would have expected to see, Baby Baragon, and
Spoiler:
Super Gyaos showing where the super in her name comes from.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

New match was pretty good. Definitely enjoyed the story of the two Baragons, and the emphasis placed on the threat of the Gyaos. Solid action all around as well.

Banner’s great, love the colors it has going on, plus how it shows MV Godzilla on all fours, that’s a neat detail.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

I’m surprised nobody’s noticed Gaira riding on Maguma’s back while putting a hand to his ear.

Priceless detail.😂

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Showa Baragon continues to edge towards retirement once more... Or is this actually his final match?
Spoiler:
Well, whatever the case, good stuff! A pretty unique fight and it has a really great setting attached. Also, quite a damn brutal finale.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

Man, this might be my favorite match if this year so far. Didn’t expect Baragon and Maguma of all kaiju to get some character development, but I am definitely not upset. Great read from beginning to end.

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Spoiler:
I'm gonna make a guess and say that the baby Baragon's the Millennium version.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

Gotta, say, this is probably my favorite match of the year so far. Great pace, great action, and the human characters were written extremely well. I'll give more indepth thoughts on this month's KWCC, but I must concur with most reactions.

Also, shout out to Nagoda for a great, unique banner with an interesting perspective.

As for Baragon Showa, this is indeed he final match. Went out on a high note!
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Alas, poor Showa Baragon. Spent most of his time in the K.W.C safe from being replaced by Millennium Baragon, only for that to change and he got sent into retirement in only a matter of months. :lol: At least M Baragon will continue his legacy well.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Greyshot151 wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 5:07 pm Gotta, say, this is probably my favorite match of the year so far. Great pace, great action, and the human characters were written extremely well. I'll give more indepth thoughts on this month's KWCC, but I must concur with most reactions.

Also, shout out to Nagoda for a great, unique banner with an interesting perspective.

Oh no! This is his last one?

Oh well. At least he got a happy ending.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Greyshot151 wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 5:07 pm Gotta, say, this is probably my favorite match of the year so far. Great pace, great action, and the human characters were written extremely well. I'll give more indepth thoughts on this month's KWCC, but I must concur with most reactions.

*Sigh* Well, my stance on retirements have been made more than apparent. So while this is, discouraging, least Showa Baragon got out on a good note.

ArchdukeSquidlyIII
G-Force Personnel

Post by ArchdukeSquidlyIII »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:03 pm I’m surprised nobody’s noticed Gaira riding on Maguma’s back while putting a hand to his ear.

Priceless detail.😂
I missed that one and am having trouble finding it, can you point it out for me? I was wondering what had happened to Gaira's finger!

Best match of the year BTW. Very sad that Showa Baragon is retiring (match #8 was what brought me to this site in the first place many many many years ago), but I couldn't have asked for a better ending to his run. There's a nice little parallel between Baragon's first and last matches, in that both end with him curling up to sleep in victory. It's been a well-deserved rest IMO :Baragon:
Please refer to me as jiggy22 (or just jiggy!)