The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
Gigantis
Sazer

Re: The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

Post by Gigantis »

Spoiler:
Yay, we can use Power Surges now!... kind of wondering why that wasn't allowed until now but whatever.

Also, we can use the retirees for multimedia! I'd imagine Frankenstein is gonna get some fanfare.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

kaijufanforever
G-Force Personnel

Post by kaijufanforever »

Gigantis wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:08 am
Spoiler:
Yay, we can use Power Surges now!... kind of wondering why that wasn't allowed until now but whatever.

Also, we can use the retirees for multimedia! I'd imagine Frankenstein is gonna get some fanfare.
Spoiler:
Wait, I might just be having a smol brain moment, but what are Power Surges? I feel like I should know what they are, but it's just ain't coming to me

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

kaijufanforever wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:38 am
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Wait, I might just be having a smol brain moment, but what are Power Surges? I feel like I should know what they are, but it's just ain't coming to me
Spoiler:
They’rethe main abilities you can use in Godzilla Unleashed.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

HillyHulk
Yuki Special

Post by HillyHulk »

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
They're essentially giant crystals in "Godzilla Unleashed." They cause disasters in the story and grant power to people and kaiju who collect them.
Last edited by HillyHulk on Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
As the other guys have said, they're a big part of the Godzilla Unleashed games. But for more specifics, you can look here--and likewise find runs on YT for more research.

https://www.tohokingdom.com/vg/godzilla ... cifics.htm
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

kaijufanforever
G-Force Personnel

Post by kaijufanforever »

Oh, I see, thanks for the info guys.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Well, before it gets too much further past it, I just thought I'd pop in and say I hope you all enjoyed Match 380. It was a long, strenuous journey that took me from February to July - the longest time it's ever taken me to start and finish a KWC match. And yes, that's including Match 100! It was fun and an honor getting to help usher in Shin Godzilla's new powers, and I look forward to writing for him again at some point in the future. As for a little bit of behind the scenes trivia, I thought I'd point out that the inspiration for this particular match was Kouji Tajima's artwork for the Godzilla Store in Tokyo.

"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Goddamn that is beautiful, a wonderful art leading to a wonderful match and a wonderful new future for Shin. We're all winners.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

TitanoGoji16 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:28 am Well, before it gets too much further past it, I just thought I'd pop in and say I hope you all enjoyed Match 380. It was a long, strenuous journey that took me from February to July - the longest time it's ever taken me to start and finish a KWC match. And yes, that's including Match 100! It was fun and an honor getting to help usher in Shin Godzilla's new powers, and I look forward to writing for him again at some point in the future. As for a little bit of behind the scenes trivia, I thought I'd point out that the inspiration for this particular match was Kouji Tajima's artwork for the Godzilla Store in Tokyo.

Holy shit, I didn't even notice that! That's awesome, man!
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

TitanoGoji16 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:28 am Well, before it gets too much further past it, I just thought I'd pop in and say I hope you all enjoyed Match 380. It was a long, strenuous journey that took me from February to July - the longest time it's ever taken me to start and finish a KWC match. And yes, that's including Match 100! It was fun and an honor getting to help usher in Shin Godzilla's new powers, and I look forward to writing for him again at some point in the future. As for a little bit of behind the scenes trivia, I thought I'd point out that the inspiration for this particular match was Kouji Tajima's artwork for the Godzilla Store in Tokyo.

Nice work on this match dude! Always a treat when one of the OGs come back and wow us with a match again. :)

Also, noticed that Rathalos' name got changed to Greater Rathalos on the roster statistics. What happened?

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Gigantis wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:32 pm Also, noticed that Rathalos' name got changed to Greater Rathalos on the roster statistics. What happened?
Changed to better distinguish him from the normal Rathalos from the games. Just calling him Rathalos in matches is still fine, you don’t need to attach the Greater, it’s much more on the technical side of things in regards to reasoning.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Gigantis wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:32 pm

Nice work on this match dude! Always a treat when one of the OGs come back and wow us with a match again. :)

Also, noticed that Rathalos' name got changed to Greater Rathalos on the roster statistics. What happened?
Clearly Rathalos is having a confidence crisis and is just trying to motivate himself, leave him be :lol:

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:40 pm
Gigantis wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:32 pm Also, noticed that Rathalos' name got changed to Greater Rathalos on the roster statistics. What happened?
Changed to better distinguish him from the normal Rathalos from the games. Just calling him Rathalos in matches is still fine, you don’t need to attach the Greater, it’s much more on the technical side of things in regards to reasoning.
I didn't even notice the change. I thought it was always Greater Rathalos.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Hey everyone, two new title cards have been added to the main KWC homepage! You probably haven’t noticed them yet because TK is kinda whack when it comes to new images added to preexisting pages, but they are there! Probably need to clear your cache or open a private tab to see them right now, hopefully as time passes they’ll show up more easily for everyone. Same deal as when a combatant’s image gets updated.

And hopefully we can eventually figure out a way to more reliably cycle through them as opposed to just random chance.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Big fan of those 2001 Angy and Kumaso drawings in particular. They look really good.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Yeah the art style for the new Title Cards is quite nice

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:23 am And hopefully we can eventually figure out a way to more reliably cycle through them as opposed to just random chance.
Ctrl+F5 (on Windows), which does a "Hard Refresh", which switches out the image.

Added in 1 minute 8 seconds:
Though you may have to do it a couple of times sometimes, but it does work.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

What funny timing. I was just thinking about the idea of new title cards the other day, and various possible themes and character combinations that could be done with them. While I hadn't thought of a "fantasy" banner, I had thought of a Showa one. Get out of my head! :P But yeah, they look really nice. While I like them both, the Fantasy banner is probably my favorite. It's fun seeing all those dragons together. My hat's off to the artist!
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

TitanoGoji16 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:48 pm What funny timing. I was just thinking about the idea of new title cards the other day, and various possible themes and character combinations that could be done with them. While I hadn't thought of a "fantasy" banner, I had thought of a Showa one. Get out of my head! :P But yeah, they look really nice. While I like them both, the Fantasy banner is probably my favorite. It's fun seeing all those dragons together. My hat's off to the artist!
The artist for the Fantasy one is Zid, the interior artist for the MV Kong comics. His work is just straight up bangers.

Then the Showa one was done by Hiroshi Kanatani, who did the co-art for Dinosaur War Izenborg with Matt Frank (Kanatani did the big monster stuff, Frank did the "anime" portions).

Pair of kings.

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

It’s been a little bit since we had a simple, less story-heavy fight, and this match delivers it perfectly. Also, that banner is pure eye candy.