The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
godjacob
Futurian

Re: The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

Post by godjacob »

Nice short and sweet match and a fitting opponent to debut against for Ts-eh-GO.
Spoiler:
Kumonga falling for a surprise stinger? Or the irony is infectious. But yeah solid debut even if I am bummed we are losing C-Rex for this and a big snake, but hey least I can enjoy this to begin warming up to it.

CommanderBowser
Monsterland Worker

Post by CommanderBowser »

Another match is out and Ts Eh Go has joined the fight. This month appears to be an introduction month.

Also it's arachnid against arachnid as Kumonga is Ts Eh Go's opponent.
Spoiler:
Also Ts Eh Go wins this battle as well
Overall, match is great, banner is great, Ts Eh Go's model is great and welcome to the KWC Ts Eh Go
Just your average fan of Godzilla, who also loves cartoons and Super Smash Bros

FWI, Bowser is my Smash Main, hence my user name.

CommanderPhoenix
Monarch Researcher

Post by CommanderPhoenix »

Spoiler:
I guess you could say that Kumonga got scorpi-owned!
Abysmal puns aside, Welcome to the KWC Ts-Eh-Go. Always good to have more bugs.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

A very fun and enjoyable match! Hope to see more out of Dan Rogers in the future--his stuff is fun! :D

And go vote for the future of all banner-kind! AKA, what you'd like to see next. ;)
https://form.typeform.com/to/yYOjsHmG

For my vote, I went with:
Spoiler:
Villains, Mothra Series, and Fantasy. And should a chance present itself, I'd adore for an Ultraman-themed banner in the future!
Last edited by KaijuX on Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

KaijuX wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:14 pm A very fun and enjoyable match! Hope to see more out of Dan Rogers in the future--his stuff is fun! :D

And go vote for the future of all banner-kind! AKA, what you'd like to see next. ;)
https://form.typeform.com/to/yYOjsHmG

For my vote, I went with:
Spoiler:
Villains, Mothra Series, and Fantasy. And should a chance present itself, I'd adore for an Ultraman-themed banner in the future!
Here He Comes from The Sky.

Added in 43 minutes 55 seconds:
And Showa Godzilla’s stats are here!

Somehow I knew his subtitle was gonna be “Monster of Justice.”
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

I figured it would've been "Earth's Destructive Champion" to sort of tie his pre-post character development phase, but I can get behind "Monster of Justice" and hey has my nostalgia Godzilla suit as the Avatar so can't complain.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Monster of Justice is the actual subtitle has has in some of the 70s flicks so hands were tied on picking that, just like King of The Monsters, God Incarnate, and Apex Predator for the other Godzillas.

RIP Evan.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 7:31 am Monster of Justice is the actual subtitle has has in some of the 70s flicks so hands were tied on picking that, just like King of The Monsters, God Incarnate, and Apex Predator for the other Godzillas.
Plus, if I may interject, "Justice" can be really flexible if you squint your eyes right. ;) Like, hero of justice or (taking from Attack Titan real quick) a demon of justice kind of thing. Sure, contextually it's meant for the "hero of justice" type, but it's English, it can sway any way it wants. :P
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

One Man’s Justice is Another Man’s Evil.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

Showa Godzilla, the monster of justice.

Proceeds to cause a little injustice in his debut.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

UltimateDitto wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 6:49 pm Showa Godzilla, the monster of justice.

Proceeds to cause a little injustice in his debut.
*Insert Christian Bale voice*

To be fair, they did rattle his cage.

kaijufanforever
G-Force Personnel

Post by kaijufanforever »

So in regards to Showa Godzilla and Anguirus talking, should that be resigned to the Space Roaches tapes? I recall asking this before, but I wanted to double check

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

kaijufanforever wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 11:54 am So in regards to Showa Godzilla and Anguirus talking, should that be resigned to the Space Roaches tapes? I recall asking this before, but I wanted to double check
Definitely just to the Nebulan's tapes. We'd rather not branch into just letting them talk for the sake of it; and likewise, keep it confined to just Showa Godzilla and Showa Anguirus, no one else.

Pair of kings.

Benn_Sonic_exe
Monsterland Worker

Post by Benn_Sonic_exe »

Heyo!!! I just got reminded of the KWC today and decided to have a look around here again, and I was (sorta) pleasantly surprised to see the only match I submitted got put up on the site! It was match 291, the one where Mothra Leo and Mothra fight Destoroyah. I'm not sure if I can fully read it again since it might give me second-hand embarrassment (I wrote it back in 2015, when I was 14 or 13 :oops: ), but its still cool to see it got thrown in eventually!

Since I'm here I might as well give some lil behind-the-scenes for stuff in the writing process I can remember. Originally, the fight was I thiiink a standalone instead of a sequel, and had only Mothra Leo on his own up against Destoroyah. There was also a subplot I put in with some crazy military general that I based off the general from Godzilla Unleashed, who just ends up dying later into the fight, he didn't have much point. That's why the military actually does a few things throughout, as they're the leftovers from that. For whatever reason I can't remember I ended up changing it to a sequel and removed the general dude entirely, but to compensate added Mothra to the fight. Hopefully it isn't too obvious in the story that her entire inclusion in the fight was a last-minute change, since all I did was edit parts of the story and add a lot of sentences of her doing stuff instead of rewriting the whole thing LUL
AKA Jamie.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Benn_Sonic_exe wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 3:50 pm Heyo!!! I just got reminded of the KWC today and decided to have a look around here again, and I was (sorta) pleasantly surprised to see the only match I submitted got put up on the site! It was match 291, the one where Mothra Leo and Mothra fight Destoroyah. I'm not sure if I can fully read it again since it might give me second-hand embarrassment (I wrote it back in 2015, when I was 14 or 13 :oops: ), but its still cool to see it got thrown in eventually!
Eyyy, glad to see ya around! Know how it's like when an older match doesn't live up to standard, but I find that to be a good thing to an extent as well. Means you've improved since you last wrote it. :)

In meantime, new match is out!
Spoiler:
A fine debut for Baragon, but more importantly I find the Monster X story to be solid and engaging. And considering the author, his victory is a refreshing change of pace. ;)

Pair of kings.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Spoiler:
It's impossible.. Joshua portrayed Monster X with.. with.. ACTUAL RESPECT!!?!?!!/s

But seriously, good match! Nice second debut for Visitor, good first debut for Millennium Baragon, and a nice way to bring in King Caesar again.

Find it weird that we're getting an M Baragon match so soon though. Showa Baragon technically isn't really retired yet.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

CommanderBowser
Monsterland Worker

Post by CommanderBowser »

New match is out and GMK's Baragon made his debut
Spoiler:
I'm quite surprised that Monster X turned against the Xillens and won alongside Baragon, King Caesar and Gorosaurus. Glad Monster X gets another win
Overall, the match is great, banner is great and welcome to the KWC GMK Baragon
Just your average fan of Godzilla, who also loves cartoons and Super Smash Bros

FWI, Bowser is my Smash Main, hence my user name.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

And GMK Baragon is added to the roster at last!

Overall, that match was solid. A fun six-way tag-team with surprising results.
Spoiler:
Monster X had an awesome arc. I did not see that betrayal coming at all!

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Very solid match, nice action throughout.
Spoiler:
Enjoyed the Monster X turning to the side of good twist, very unique and done well.
Edit: Also, good banner from KaijuX.
Last edited by GodzillavsRayquaza on Mon May 10, 2021 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Oh new match how spicy.
Spoiler:
Considering the specific author and well, general KWC history, I was expecting the worst but was shocked that Monster X was given a compelling arc and actually betrayed the Xiliens. So fair props where they are do, I will say I feel the Monster X plot did kinda upstage the debut of Millennium Baragon, in general I think these multi-monster rumbles are not the best place for a debut but still he was wonderful for having to share screen time with other monsters. All in all a very nice match.