The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Re: The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

Post by Dunkeeni »

Baragon has been through a lot. From getting eating alive by Gyaos to being used as a caccoon by Bagan, he’s certainly been through the ringer. He deserves his well-earned rest, and to sleep peacefully with his child. I’ll miss you, Baragon, my favorite dog-looking subterranean monster.

ArchdukeSquidlyIII
G-Force Personnel

Post by ArchdukeSquidlyIII »

...Nevermind, just realized you were talking about the artwork lol. Guess we still don't know what happened with Gaira's pinky then!
Please refer to me as jiggy22 (or just jiggy!)

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Dunkeeni wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:47 pm Baragon has been through a lot. From getting eating alive by Gyaos to being used as a caccoon by Bagan, he’s certainly been through the ringer. He deserves his well-earned rest, and to sleep peacefully with his child. I’ll miss you, Baragon, my favorite dog-looking subterranean monster.
Which match did he get eaten alive by Gyaos?
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

It's ok, guys, he's just going to a nice burrow upstate with lots of horses where he can dig all day.

Anyway, great match. Baragon's dad arc was adorable, all the bad kaiju were really uniquely characterized despite all being of the "voracious gluttons" archetype, I LOVED Godzilla's bemusement with Zilla, and I ended up feeling bad for MAGUMA of all kaiju which is an accomplishment. Only critiques are H.E.A.T was mainly just there to react (which is fine, I just feel like they're one of the more proactive human characters on the roster) and the dialogue got clunky at points. Still a great match, and a great farewell to a classic.

RIP Evan.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:47 pm
Which match did he get eaten alive by Gyaos?
Match 300.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Just think team, one last retirement to go before we're done before the foreseeable future! (Poor Shin)

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Gigantis wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:19 am Just think team, one last retirement to go before we're done before the foreseeable future! (Poor Shin)
Oh thanks for reminding me of that~!

I hate all of you.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

There’s a bit of an error; the link leads to Match 364.

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

I’ve noticed a lot more Ultraman stuff being updated lately on here. Does this mean we could have more Ultra reps in the future?

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

The Ultraman armada is coming.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Dunkeeni wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:38 pm I’ve noticed a lot more Ultraman stuff being updated lately on here. Does this mean we could have more Ultra reps in the future?
TBF, Gudon and Twin Tail have been on the request list for a good while now and we still haven't gotten them lol

Though if it does mean anything, it's probably just building up some hype for Shin Ultraman.

EDIT: Speaking of which! The new trailer for Shin Ultraman just came out, and some new reveals are included. We already got Neronga and Gabora, but we also have..
Spoiler:
ALIEN ZARAB. AND, apparently Alien Mephiles is also in the movie, just in a human disguise!
Last edited by Gigantis on Fri Apr 15, 2022 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

Gigantis wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:22 am
Dunkeeni wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:38 pm I’ve noticed a lot more Ultraman stuff being updated lately on here. Does this mean we could have more Ultra reps in the future?
TBF, Gudon and Twin Tail have been on the request list for a good while now and we still haven't gotten them lol

Though if it does mean anything, it's probably just building up some hype for Shin Ultraman.

EDIT: Speaking of which! The new trailer for Shin Ultraman just came out, and some new reveals are included. We already got Neronga and Gabora, but we also have..
Spoiler:
ALIEN ZARAB. AND, apparently Alien Mephiles is also in the movie, just in a human disguise!
Oh dang, Mephiles. Wonder what they’ll do with him. Now I’m even more hyped for the movie. Imagine a Shin Red King or Gomora.

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:14 am There’s a bit of an error; the link leads to Match 364.
This has been fixed! :huge:
godjacob wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:11 pm The Ultraman armada is coming.
This is mainly due to a greater request by most staff to use Ultra stuff, more stuff being accessible with the team's research, and films like Shin Ultraman getting us access to more kaiju. We are approaching the new limits of all of this, but I think Shin Ultraman should be the last push for new material.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

Could anyone help proof read a match I'm writing? I wanna get some advice on where I should take this one.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Dunkeeni wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:49 am Could anyone help proof read a match I'm writing? I wanna get some advice on where I should take this one.
Sure, I can do it. PM it to me.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Ah, screw it. Can i get a proofread too? Goliath vs. Red King: Round 2 is nearly done but i wanna make sure it's up to K.W.C standards.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Gigantis wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:33 am Ah, screw it. Can i get a proofread too? Goliath vs. Red King: Round 2 is nearly done but i wanna make sure it's up to K.W.C standards.
Sure.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

GodzillavsRayquaza the MVP

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

This was a pretty good match. An entertaining brawl between two of the lesser-known monsters in the roster—with some hilarious moments to boot.
Spoiler:
Not only does my boy Obsidius get a win, but Zandora giving him a nut-shot was flat-out epic.🤣

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Always nice to see less common Kaiju get some love. Entertaining little bout.
Spoiler:
Zandora was hilarious during all of this. Snickering as it tossed buildings at Obsidius and of course that crotch shot. Obdisius also gets a nice win.