The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
Gigantis
Sazer

Re: The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

Post by Gigantis »

godjacob wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 4:35 pm Difference is all the KWC Kaiju are already in KWCE. He's just now being denied chances for matches to fight with the KWC roster.
I'm pretty sure you could still have Shin face off against K.W.C veterans if you want to.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Gigantis wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 4:37 pm
godjacob wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 4:35 pm Difference is all the KWC Kaiju are already in KWCE. He's just now being denied chances for matches to fight with the KWC roster.
I'm pretty sure you could still have Shin face off against K.W.C veterans if you want to.
I presume you mean other Kaiju who get retired here?

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

godjacob wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 6:14 pm
I just mean K.W.C characters in general. Every K.W.C character in the K.W.C.E goes by the name of veterans.. or at least, they used to. Do we still use that?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Gigantis wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 6:18 pm

I just mean K.W.C characters in general. Every K.W.C character in the K.W.C.E goes by the name of veterans.. or at least, they used to. Do we still use that?
IDK, far as my memory goes you couldn't do a KWCE match that you could do in KWC.

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

godjacob wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 6:50 pm

IDK, far as my memory goes you couldn't do a KWCE match that you could do in KWC.
I don’t believe that’s ever been a rule that you couldn’t write a KWC viable match for the KWCE. It’s just that people who do use the main KWC roster tend to submit them as KWCs instead of KWCEs. You could submit a Gamera Heisei vs Godzilla Heisei match as a KWCE if you wanted to, not much stopping you from doing so.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Nagoda wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:37 pm

I don’t believe that’s ever been a rule that you couldn’t write a KWC viable match for the KWCE. It’s just that people who do use the main KWC roster tend to submit them as KWCs instead of KWCEs. You could submit a Gamera Heisei vs Godzilla Heisei match as a KWCE if you wanted to, not much stopping you from doing so.
I'm pretty sure it actually is a rule, though. Taken from The Official K.W.C.E. F.A.Q. :

"Can I write King Caesar vs. Zilla for the K.W.C.E.?

If you are able to submit a match to the K.W.C., then send it through the K.W.C. Verifiers. However, if the match is not possible for the K.W.C. (like say Bemular vs. Mecha-King Ghidorah, which features Empowered Bemular), then we will take it into question."
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:47 pm
Nagoda wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:37 pm

I'm pretty sure it actually is a rule, though. Taken from The Official K.W.C.E. F.A.Q. :

"Can I write King Caesar vs. Zilla for the K.W.C.E.?

If you are able to submit a match to the K.W.C., then send it through the K.W.C. Verifiers. However, if the match is not possible for the K.W.C. (like say Bemular vs. Mecha-King Ghidorah, which features Empowered Bemular), then we will take it into question."
Yeah was referring to this.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Fun fact: this was the second match I ever wrote.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

This match also marks the first time Shin actually goes outside of Japan.. Not really sure what took so long. :lol:
Spoiler:
Incredibly fun match! Seeing the M.U.T.O's back in action is a real treat, with Shin trying to evolve and play catch up. Yet another bloody way to end things with the Radiation Heat Ray.

Gotta say, this match came out a bit earlier than I expected, but if my hunch is correct, then I believe the final match of Shin Resurgence will land on a very important date..

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

Gigantis wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:17 am This match also marks the first time Shin actually goes outside of Japan.. Not really sure what took so long. :lol:
Spoiler:
Incredibly fun match! Seeing the M.U.T.O's back in action is a real treat, with Shin trying to evolve and play catch up. Yet another bloody way to end things with the Radiation Heat Ray.

Gotta say, this match came out a bit earlier than I expected, but if my hunch is correct, then I believe the final match of Shin Resurgence will land on a very important date..
Oh, the date. Yeah I think we all can imagine what that is.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Shame that Shin is leaving as these matches show even with the dumb restrictions placed on him he can produce some fun matches.

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

This was an alright match. Not up to par with the Shin's other works, but still good.

Logan268
Gotengo Officer

Post by Logan268 »

Spoiler:
ShinGojira14 with two great matches back to back! IMO, this is better then Reiwa vs Balzkardan by a landslide even if both were written by the same person. Dark horse candidate for Match of the year? Possibly but there's at least 4 matches from the past few months that are even better. Personally I think this is the best match involving M.U.T.O by far (Match 243 is a close second) but the third best Godzilla (Reiwa) match. For me, I give Godzilla (Reiwa) vs M.U.T.O a 10 out of 10.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

After reading this, not only am I really impressed with the choreography for this but I'm now in the boat of Shin's retirement being canceled. Even with the set limitations, there's still a lot that can be done with the guy.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Yet another stellar match by GvR, and a fitting continuation from where the Heisei era left off. The characters were all enjoyable to read with, and the battle itself between the two Godzillas was gnarly and kick ass as hell.

The one issue this match had was that some of the scene-transitions happened too abruptly, and could’ve used some paragraph gaps. One moment we’re with the human characters in the middle of the battle, the next we’re suddenly looking into Shin’s psyche, and then the moment after we’re back with the humans.

It just could’ve used some transition breaks to make it clear we’re changing scenes is all; other than that, this match was rad as hell.
Spoiler:
Heisei’s finishing blow was brutal as fuck! The moment his spines started to go red from sheer rage was an awesome pants-shitting ‘oh, shit!’ moment.

As was the tail that got away…🫢
Added in 1 minute 32 seconds:
Also, Nagoda went above and beyond once again with the banner. Awesome stuff, bro! :shingodzillapurple: :godzilla:

Added in 3 minutes 36 seconds:
Spoiler:
ALSO also…with Heisei’s win, we now have a perfect triangle! Legendary beat Heisei, Shin beat Legendary, and Heisei beat Shin! The circle is now complete! :godzilla: :godzilla2021blue: :shingodzillapurple:

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Ah, knew this fight wouldn't be on the waiting list for too much longer!
Spoiler:
Absolutely epic in every sense in the word! I know Shin's supposed to be seen as a tragic figure, but I like stories that can give him a more antagonistic personality. It shakes things up from time to time.

Also, using G-Cells to give Junior a boost.. Super Godzilla incoming?
ShinGojira14 wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:19 am
Spoiler:
ALSO also…with Heisei’s win, we now have a perfect triangle! Legendary beat Heisei, Shin beat Legendary, and Heisei beat Shin! The circle is now complete! :godzilla: :godzilla2021blue: :shingodzillapurple:
Spoiler:
Now all we need to do is wait and see where Showa and Ultima fit into this. :P

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Why. Are. We. Retiring. Shin!? This match was incredible and really showed along with the previous ones even with your stupid self imposed handicaps Shin can deliver a fantastic bout. This was incredible and WHY DOES HE HAVE TO LEAVE DAMN IT!?

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

All I have to say about the new match is ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE. From characterization to action, to drama, everything is wrapped in a nice little bow to make one of my favorite matches of all time. Love Juniors realization of war with mankind being meaningless and trying to be a more peaceful king was stellar, and Shin's mental growth, I love it. This truly is one of the matches of all time. Kudos to GvR!

CommanderPhoenix
Monarch Researcher

Post by CommanderPhoenix »

Aww, little Junior's all grown up. Man, imagine taking the throne of the King of the Monsters and your first opponent is a walking tumor monster that looks like your dad and spits purple lasers like the demon that literally murdered you.
Spoiler:
That tease at the end for Super Godzilla has me hyped for a potential sequel.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Glad people are enjoying the match, thanks y’all.

Shout out to Nagoda for that banner, killer stuff.
Spoiler:
And yes, this match will eventually receive a continuation. This is just the start of the fully grown Godzilla Junior’s story, after all ;)
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.