The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
Gigantis
Sazer

Re: The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

Post by Gigantis »

Huzzah, Obsidius returns at last!
Spoiler:
... But it looks like his chances of having kids are squandered. :lol:

Just a simple little kaiju bout. Not much to say, but Zandora was just being a massive troll through all of it.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

Nice match between two subterranean terrors. Also Zandora being more of a trickster kaiju is amazing.

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

This was a pretty neat fight
Spoiler:
with both of them being rather smart.

kaijufanforever
G-Force Personnel

Post by kaijufanforever »

I remember reading this on DA
Spoiler:
though I don't remember Obsidious getting nailed in the nards :lol:

Also, the guy finally gets another W
Last edited by kaijufanforever on Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Error: it says that this match was written by me.

I didn’t write this!
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:24 am Error: it says that this match was written by me.

I didn’t write this!
And the banner was made by UltimateDitto, not Nagoda. So a bit of a copy-paste error on that front.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

So when are we getting remastered old matches back? It's been a while since that was a thing.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

HillyHulk wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:17 pm So when are we getting remastered old matches back? It's been a while since that was a thing.
Just been super busy trying to catch up on projects with special due dates--hoping to get the HDs rolling sooner than later, but no guarantee as to when. That, and I just haven't been feeling super up to it recently; but again, they'll be back later.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

Well that match I sent a trailer for is finally done, so is anyone willing to proofread it?

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

HillyHulk wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 2:17 pm So when are we getting remastered old matches back? It's been a while since that was a thing.
Yeah, I'd especially like Matches #38 and 45 to be done so I can print them out for my collection. I'm not so sure about Match #113, however.
Last edited by mikelcho on Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

So, quick question, and this isn't me trying to be impatient.
What is the general criteria for what matches get uploaded next, or is it more or less random?

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

Dunkeeni wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:16 am So, quick question, and this isn't me trying to be impatient.
What is the general criteria for what matches get uploaded next, or is it more or less random?
We go through the matches that have already been checked over and edited, then have meetings to make a schedule of which matches should go up in what order on what day for the next couple of months.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

Nagoda wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:43 am
Dunkeeni wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:16 am So, quick question, and this isn't me trying to be impatient.
We go through the matches that have already been checked over and edited, then have meetings to make a schedule of which matches should go up in what order on what day for the next couple of months.
Exactly. While we try to go through older matches first, we also keep in mind writers (Specifically the number of matches they have per year. We try to aim for a max of 3ish or so) and the Kaiju (mainly those that need a little extra attention after a long hiatus).
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

Ok, hear me out. . .
A.I. Dungeon generated K.W.C. match.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Dunkeeni wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:29 am Ok, hear me out. . .
Spoiler:
I honestly experimented with something like this a long while back when AI Dungeon was a thing, it didn't work out so great :lol: AI either had no attention span, or finished a fight within a single sentence.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

GigaBowserG wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:18 pm
Spoiler:
I honestly experimented with something like this a long while back when AI Dungeon was a thing, it didn't work out so great :lol: AI either had no attention span, or finished a fight within a single sentence.
That sounds about right.

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Funny enough, there is an AI Dungeon scenario centered around Death Battle-esque fights, so that theoretically be useful if you wanna try that.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Holy. Goddamn. Hell. What a match! Absolutely incredible.
Spoiler:
The action was dynamic and exciting, the mood was tense and foreboding, the pacing was perfect and so many nice character moments. King Ghidorah (MV) really felt like a be all end all of evil and his declaration at the end and rally to arms just has me pumped.
Spectacular all around.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Ah, I read this match on DeviantART not too long ago! So nice to see it finally uploaded to the main sight!
Spoiler:
The villains were most definitely the highlight. All three of them were incredibly menacing threats, and it's nice to see Daigoro FINALLY make his return. Welcome back little guy!

Also.. God, who let HARUO of all people become a Titan-Shifter! Now he's gonna spread his angst all over the globe in giant form!

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Whew... Today's match was a beast in of itself. And was meant to be the finale for Gigan month, but work still had to be done. :lol:

And I'd recommend taking a glance through the roster. A good number of them got some neat updates, including new powers and hoverable images!

Pair of kings.