The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Re: The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

Post by Dunkeeni »

I. . . have almost nothing to say about this match that hasn’t been said. Everything about this one is stellar. Action, story, characterization, everything. I was not expecting Akane to be a Titan shifter, but I’m not complaining. So many great little character moments. Megaton actually betraying Gigan and finding a home on Skull Island surprised me, King Caesar having Element X, Gororin’s gruesome death, everything was awesome. Also, very bold decision to not include Godzilla in this match, but again, not complaining.
Also, with the new request, get ready for a new match with Rayquaza facing off against someone “interesting” to say the least :D

Edit: Oh man, that ending. If I wasn’t excited before, I certainly am now. An all out war is coming and I’m all for it. I would love to help on this match if I could
Last edited by Dunkeeni on Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Dunkeeni wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:29 pm I. . . have almost nothing to say about this match that hasn’t been said. Everything about this one is stellar. Action, story, characterization, everything. I was not expecting Akane to be a Titan shifter, but I’m not complaining. So many great little character moments. Megaton actually betraying Gigan and finding a home on Skull Island surprised me, King Caesar having Element X, Gororin’s gruesome death, everything was awesome. Also, very bold decision to not include Godzilla in this match, but again, not complaining.
Also, with the new request, get ready for a new match with Rayquaza facing off against someone “interesting” to say the least :D

Edit: Oh man, that ending. If I wasn’t excited before, I certainly am now. An all out war is coming and I’m all for it. I would love to help on this match if I could
I think the lack of Godzilla works to its benefit. Allows Godzilla Jr. to have a starring role against this terrifying force and highlights more diverse Kaiju taking a stand against the invaders. Plus makes a possible sequel when the war breaks up and Godzilla joins the fray more impactful.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Great match! An excellent addition to this growing saga with a brutal war. Loved the menace given to the trio of Ghidorah, Gigan, and X, and the earth defenders put up an excellent fight as well.
Spoiler:
Looking forward to what comes next, that one’s sure to be even more intense.
Also, goddamn excellent banner, it looks amazing.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Just wondering; if Shin Zarab makes it into the KWC next year, will Imitation Ultraman be able to use the Shin design or will it be limited to 66 Ultraman?

ArchdukeSquidlyIII
G-Force Personnel

Post by ArchdukeSquidlyIII »

Man.
Spoiler:
Poor Oodako.
Please refer to me as jiggy22 (or just jiggy!)

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 9:59 pm Just wondering; if Shin Zarab makes it into the KWC next year, will Imitation Ultraman be able to use the Shin design or will it be limited to 66 Ultraman?
I think Zarab would be able to mimic any monster on the roster, and heck, even some that aren't on the roster. I'd say he could mimic both.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

This match was straight up brutal. Right from the get go, this battle doesn't show any mercy and I love the hell outta it.

The only real problem I had was that some of the sentences were a tad too long, and could've used some commas or periods to split them up. Aside from that, though, this match was stellar. Well done Andrew and Vincent!
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 9:59 pm Just wondering; if Shin Zarab makes it into the KWC next year, will Imitation Ultraman be able to use the Shin design or will it be limited to 66 Ultraman?
Assuming there to be an Imitation Ultraman for Shin... Context is the biggest factor when it comes to that. The important part is how it's presented. Right now, I can't give a hard answer because I don't know for sure; but let's take the benefit of the doubt that it's there. If it's presented in a way where it can be applied to anything, then I think there's definite leeway for a '66 based Imit Ultra (and maybe others?). But if it's just strictly a fake Shin without much explanation, I'm a lot less sure. It might be just Fake Shin, there might be legroom for OG Fake Ultraman, that would have to come down to what's decided on when we get there.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

SpanishBulldog63
Administrator
Administrator

Post by SpanishBulldog63 »

Whoever's idea it was to reference Ghidorah's MTG card, you're as awesome as this match was brutal!
NSZ wrote:Well thanks, GVJ, now I can't not picture Sal being voiced by Geoff Ramsey. :lol:
"-what they don't know won't hurt 'em... until they're dead."
Resized Image

FatBaconUnicorn
JXSDF Technician

Post by FatBaconUnicorn »

SpanishBulldog63 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 7:56 pm Whoever's idea it was to reference Ghidorah's MTG card, you're as awesome as this match was brutal!
Why thank you! I am so glad that everyone is enjoying the match, I have so much to talk about on the KWCC with trivia and behind the scenes. So stay tuned to learn some lore lol

I also referenced King Caesar's MGT card, "The Huntmaster Liger"
Last edited by FatBaconUnicorn on Thu May 05, 2022 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

FatBaconUnicorn wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 9:32 pm
SpanishBulldog63 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 7:56 pm Whoever's idea it was to reference Ghidorah's MTG card, you're as awesome as this match was brutal!
Why thank you! I am so glad that everyone is enjoying the match, I have so much to talk about on the KWCC with trivia and behind the scenes. So stay tuned to learn some lore lol

I was wondering what that was! I was like "that's a weird way to describe him, but ok"

SpanishBulldog63
Administrator
Administrator

Post by SpanishBulldog63 »

FatBaconUnicorn wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 9:32 pm

I dig it, and I honestly almost forgot about that one. I've seen the Mardu one (Apex of the Hunt) more often.
NSZ wrote:Well thanks, GVJ, now I can't not picture Sal being voiced by Geoff Ramsey. :lol:
"-what they don't know won't hurt 'em... until they're dead."
Resized Image

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

This was a nice, short but entertaining match. Straight to the point with lots of brutality to back it up.
Spoiler:
I expected MechaGodzilla to win, so having Anguirus come out the victor was a pleasant surprise!
All in all, good job Harley!
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Nice little homage to the first ever Kaiju battle in Godzilla history and an enjoyable little scrap.
Spoiler:
Bonus points for Anguirus winning given I did not see that coming.
Last edited by godjacob on Tue May 10, 2022 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Spoiler:
Anguirus on his way to absolutely demolish Mechagodzilla (he isn't breaking my jaw this time!)

But really, an enjoyable little fight with some nice callbacks to Raids Again... Also is it just me or is it whenever Showa Mechagodzilla loses, he goes out in a really brutal way?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Really fun match, and a cool banner as well.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsJason »

Since Shin Ultraman is about to come out, there are a lot of leaks making their rounds. So, if you see any and decide to request any or discuss them, please, PLEASE, spoiler tag them. Not everyone wants to know the specifics right away.
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Fan of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing, and Red vs Blue!

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

GodzillavsJason wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 6:51 pm Since Shin Ultraman is about to come out, there are a lot of leaks making their rounds. So, if you see any and decide to request any or discuss them, please, PLEASE, spoiler tag them. Not everyone wants to know the specifics right away.
Actually, i was just about to ask as someone who knows all the juicy stuff: Can i just make a separate thread discussing the inclusions of Shin Ultraman kaiju tomorrow? Somebody did it when Kong: Skull Island first came out and there's a LOT to unpack.

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsJason »

Gigantis wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 6:54 pm
GodzillavsJason wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 6:51 pm Since Shin Ultraman is about to come out, there are a lot of leaks making their rounds. So, if you see any and decide to request any or discuss them, please, PLEASE, spoiler tag them. Not everyone wants to know the specifics right away.
Actually, i was just about to ask as someone who knows all the juicy stuff: Can i just make a separate thread discussing the inclusions of Shin Ultraman kaiju tomorrow? Somebody did it when Kong: Skull Island first came out and there's a LOT to unpack.
Hold off on that thought for the moment; that is something the staff will discuss.
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Fan of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing, and Red vs Blue!

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Okay, but when are we getting
Spoiler:
Shin Pigmon
, tho.

For real, guys. I'm hyped too but be considerate.

RIP Evan.