The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
Monsterverse2000
Young Farmer

Re: The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

Post by Monsterverse2000 »

Hello I'm new here and I would like to know how to post a match in K.W.C.? I've always loved the battle descriptions in this site the most when it comes to monster battles like no other besides WMW lol.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Monsterverse2000 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:40 pm Hello I'm new here and I would like to know how to post a match in K.W.C.? I've always loved the battle descriptions in this site the most when it comes to monster battles like no other besides WMW lol.
Welcome! We’re always glad to have new members to the community.

Everything you need to know is in our Frequently Asked Questions.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Oh btw I don’t know if anyone noticed, but Bemular got a new ability added. It’s called Monster Attack (yes that’s the actual name), and it’s a thing he does in the Ultra Galaxy movie and Zero Fight. We give Red King and Gomora shit from outside their distributed appearances, so we decided why not throw a bone Bemular’s way? Especially because it’s just an extension of the Pale Heat Wave anyway. Visual reference for it below.

KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Monsterverse2000
Young Farmer

Post by Monsterverse2000 »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:40 pm
Thank yoy very much :-D

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

Monsterverse2000 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:40 pm Hello I'm new here and I would like to know how to post a match in K.W.C.? I've always loved the battle descriptions in this site the most when it comes to monster battles like no other besides WMW lol.
Welcome, happy to have a new member around.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Spoiler:
Who wants to bet this retirement isn't gonna go through just like last time? :lol:

But really, it's nice to see that retirement is gonna be pretty sparse from here on out.
Last edited by Gigantis on Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Yeah, the newest KWCC has a very big announcement, it’s time stamped in the description, so definitely check that out.

Added in 6 minutes 51 seconds:
Fuck it, I’m posting this now instead of waiting for more people to notice and discuss it.
Spoiler:
Shin Godzilla is being retired for Godzilla Ultima.

I’m sure this announcement is going to be a controversial one. I know most of you are probably upset or otherwise cross, hell I’d wager a few of you might be outright pissed. All I ask is for you to listen to the staff’s reasoning for this shift. With C-Rex, Daigoro, Goliath, and MKG’s recent unretirements, I hope it’s clear that we are going to be careful regarding retirements and only doing so when we decide it is for the best and the replacement is overall better for the roster. So, let’s begin.

For starters, Ultima. “He doesn’t have Shin’s back beams, tail laser, or adaptation, how is he better?” The adaptation, I’ll get to, but let’s just address the first two right now. Ultima does not have Shin’s back or tail beams, but he does have powers unique to him that no other Godzilla does. For starters, the lesser forms are all going to be allowed, Aquatilis, Amphibia, and Terrestris. These can all be used in matches because unlike Shin’s lesser forms, even the “Zeroth” form of SP Godzilla (Aquatilis is referred to as the Zeroth form, not first, Amphibia is first) displays combat ability. Immediately, more variety than Shinny boi. As well, Ultima can utilize Terrestris’ blood tentacles with free reign; this has been approved. What has also been approved is Terrestris and Ultima using the Red Dust as an explosive. Not like Amphibia’s huge blast, but the smaller cluster of explosions he utilizes to detonate his mist breath (yes, no tanks fired on him in that scene, the 500 meter explosion was all Amphibia’s doing, the tanks had been commanded to cease fire).

The two most important things that Ultima brings to the table that no one else will is terraforming and growing in size. Shin is implied to be able to terraform the world, but with Ultima, we blatantly see it. The story potential with Ultima from that alone is massive. And in the Red Dust that he releases, he grows in size, and this will not be ignored in the KWC even with him already being on our 100 meter scale (specifically, 90 meters at the beginning). Yes, Ultima will be allowed to grow to levels of height that make Ghidorahs look puny, not quite Earth size, but still, a large lad will be possible. 180 meters is the current upper limit.

As well, as we segue into Shin’s issues that helped with this decision, let’s make something clear. There will never be a Shin Godzilla 2. Singular Point Season 2, however, is very likely. There is probably more of this version of the character to come, while with Shin, we got all the canon material we’re getting.

And that canon material… it’s impressive, but it’s also lacking, and it promises things that don’t happen and rubs against the KWC in wrong ways.

It is no secret that Shin is greatly limited in terms of his self-evolution, and that this will never change. Him growing longer arms, slimmer legs, absorbing energy to fuel himself… that’s kinda the extent of it. There are probably more things we can do with him, but it will be on that same level of limited scope and minute change. That’s it. We can’t even have him stand up on his tail despite cut footage showing just that! And that restriction drives most of the staff, and I’m sure a lot of non-staff as well, up the wall, walking on eggshells whenever we want to do something more over the top with Shin and needing to tamper it down and make sure it falls in line. Shin, in the movie, changes very little once he reaches his fourth form, and the KWC goes off of what we see in canon as strictly as we can, with branchings off and extrapolations where we can when they don’t strictly go against canon. The KWCE will let you do all kinds of crazy crap with Shin, you want him to grow wings and do kangaroo kicks and whatever else insane stuff your mind can think of? Come over to the KWCE, because the KWC won’t have it.

The movie proclaims Shin is a god, and can do anything, but the movie itself does not reflect this fully and utterly, so the realms of the hypothetical are limited by what the KWC is at the end of the day. Ultima does not have this issue, in the slightest.

Shin has powers Ultima does not have, but Ultima has powers that Shin does not, more material to come, and can live up to his full potential unlike Shin, who is restricted greatly by our rules.

This is not a matter of “ooo, new thing, get out of here semi-old thing”, this is not about us hating Shin (we fucking love Shin, we love almost everyone on the roster, and when we don’t love a monster, someone else does, but love cannot get in the way of ensuring that the roster is not overly bloated with too many too similar monsters and that those who are here get the attention they deserve), this is about nothing other than SP Godzilla ultimately having more to work with than Shin. This will be the last retirement for the foreseeable future.

Enjoy Shin’s final matches, there will be quite a few and I assure you they will be bangers, because he was a popular monster. But so were Heisei Mothra and Heisei Ghidorah. And we know what happened to them. If you have an idea involving Shin that you must absolutely write, come on over to the KWCE, we’d love to have your matches. And I also assure you, Ultima will be a great addition, we of the staff have so many ideas we can’t wait to bring to life involving the beast of the apocalypse, and we can’t wait to see what ideas y’all have for him too.
Last edited by GodzillavsRayquaza on Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KWCE Administrator

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Spoiler:
I am IMMENSELY disappointed as someone who loves Shin but this all makes sense and Ultima is great anyhow.

At least my Shin matches will be more fun in the KWCE when I don't need to double check everything I do is ok

RIP Evan.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Speaking of which,
Spoiler:
Beast of the Apocalypse should totally be Ultima's title!

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:49 pm
Spoiler:
Not like Amphibia’s huge blast, but the smaller cluster of explosions he utilizes to detonate his mist breath (yes, no tanks fired on him in that scene, the 500 meter explosion was all Amphibia’s doing, the tanks had been commanded to cease fire).
Spoiler:
Is there a source saying that they were not tank explosions?
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

ShinGojira14 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:18 pm
Spoiler:
Not like Amphibia’s huge blast, but the smaller cluster of explosions he utilizes to detonate his mist breath (yes, no tanks fired on him in that scene, the 500 meter explosion was all Amphibia’s doing, the tanks had been commanded to cease fire).
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
They were ordered to cease fire in the scene, no trace of tank shells being fired, explosions happened nowhere that tanks would actually shoot at, and the guidebook says that nobody knows what started the explosion as opposed to “it detonated when shot at”.
KWCE Administrator

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Gigantis wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:16 pm Speaking of which,
Spoiler:
Nah man,
Spoiler:
Hopeless Future or we riot

RIP Evan.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:24 pm
Gigantis wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:16 pm Speaking of which,
Spoiler:
Nah man,
Spoiler:
Hopeless Future or we riot
Alright i'm wrong, this one right here is it chief.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:22 pm
ShinGojira14 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:18 pm
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
They were ordered to cease fire in the scene, no trace of tank shells being fired, explosions happened nowhere that tanks would actually shoot at, and the guidebook says that nobody knows what started the explosion as opposed to “it detonated when shot at”.
Ah, I see.
Spoiler:
In any case, I knew this retirement was happening a little over a week ago, but I’m still a little bummed to see Shin go almost as quickly as he came—but thankfully, he’ll still have more matches to go through before he retires, AND the KWCE still exists so I can still write matches where he does more crazy sh*t that the KWC doesn’t allow.

Plus, I’m super stoked for Godzilla Ultima. I’m already halfway done writing a match for him.

CommanderPhoenix
Monarch Researcher

Post by CommanderPhoenix »

Spoiler:
RIP Shin. I do like that more forms are being allowed in the KWC though.

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

Major thanks to GvR for announcing the change. Explained it perfectly but if anyone has any questions, let me know! I want to also stress, any Shin match we already have will make it to the site as all retirements do.
Last edited by GodzillavsJason on Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Spoiler:
*Sighs and tosses the Shin match I had planned over my shoulder.*
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Spoiler:
It’s a real bummer to see Shin go…but I’m so excited to have Ultima in the roster! Especially with all the abilities we have to write with.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

TitanoGoji16 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:19 pm
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Don't scrap it! Just keep writing it, and then send it to the KWCE! We all want to see your ideas!
Last edited by ShinGojira14 on Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

TitanoGoji16 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:19 pm
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
All I could picture was The Last Jedi with Rey as Toho and Luke as the KWC tossing Shin over his shoulder...

Love me some Shin, but ever since it was announced he wouldn't have access to his earlier and later forms, there went most of my interest in him. Stoked to hear Ultima won't have that restriction, and I really look forward to reading some of the creative things people may have in mind for the lesser forms in particular! Ironically, Ultima's probably the least interesting of the bunch, so I have fingers crossed people put that final form to good use.
Last edited by GigaBowserG on Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock