The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
Gigantis
Sazer

Re: The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

Post by Gigantis »

Sort, sweet and nice. That's all I can say about this matchup really. :P
Spoiler:
Cool to see Millennium King Caesar in another banner though!

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Does anyone know how I can find the recent Showa banner?

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:58 pm Does anyone know how I can find the recent Showa banner?
I can probably post them on here if y’all want. Just need to check with KaijuX first. Otherwise I think if you refresh the cache for the site it might change. Or just keep reopening the page in a new incognito tab until it shows up.

Added in 1 hour 17 minutes 52 seconds:
Here are the Showa and Fantasy Title Cards.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Short, fun and action packed. It achieves what it set out to do, and there’s not much else to say on the matter.

Which means 5/5. :mrgreen: :KingCaesar:
Last edited by ShinGojira14 on Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

New match up, y’all. It’s short but it’s pretty good, great characterization to it.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

Pretty good match, simple and entertaining.
Spoiler:
I do like how Iris is protrayed (if only because that's how I always saw Iris).

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Despite its shortness, this was a well-written and very compelling match, with a satisfying ending! Props to Justin N. for his great work!

I hope there’s a sequel to this one in time!
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Nice characterization bits for Iris and a good bout. Definition of short and sweet.
Spoiler:
Poor Grand is on a bit of a losing streak though lol

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Also wanted to say, the banner looks great as well.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

I'm glad Iris picked up a win, but man, GKG can't get much of a break.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Okay I could have sworn I posted a comment about the latest match, wtf-

Anyway, it was pretty good! Another one on the short side, but that's okay; it has pretty fun characterization and action that gives it some real strength!
Spoiler:
Yeah it kinda sucks GKG is on a losing streak, but he still goes out like badass so I'll take it.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

Although pretty short, this is still a fun match all around. I love seeing a more “heroic” Iris, and I feel like he could be one of the few kaiju that could theoretically turn good, depending on circumstances
Solid A from me.

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

Finally read over the newest match.

Solid stuff. The air duel was pretty sweet, as was Iris' turn to a more heroic kaiju, but I think the pacing was a bit too quick. For instance, an extra paragraph with Ayana, who while significant kinda vanishes at the end, I think would have added to the emotion the writer was going for. Otherwise, a rather good match.

The banner I think needed another pass by Matt, specifically Ghidorah. Iris and the snow look great, but giving Ghidorah (and maybe Iris) a slight white tint to represent the snowfall would probably have knocked this up a few points for me. The lightning is also a bit out of place, but nothing too distracting. Overall, not bad by any means, but something like 380's banner shows a slight tint to represent the environment goes a long way to make something good even greater.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Skullcrawlers need to pick up a win.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

I need to do some digging to see which monsters are on bad losing streaks. Megaguirus was the poster child for this but got her most recent win against Bagan.

CommanderPhoenix
Monarch Researcher

Post by CommanderPhoenix »

Ebirah has lost the last 6 matches he was in, poor seafood constantly getting bullied.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Alright spent way too much time on this but some stats for your consideration.

Notable KWC Losing Streaks:

Bagan: 6 Matches* (* there is an asterisk to this as it tied with Legion in Match 342, it's second most recent bout, but it's been a while since Began had a win)
Ebirah: 8 Matches* (*Again an asterisk as it technically tied in Match 100, Everyone vs. Everyone, but still has not actually had a win since Match freakin 75!)
Ganimes: 4 Matches
Gezora: 5 Matches* (*Once more an asterisk as it tied with Goroin in Match 237, but still.)
Godzilla Junior: 5 Matches
Grand King Ghidorah: 7 Matches* (*An asterisk here as he tied with Mechagodzilla (Heisei) in Match 225, but still as a Ghidorah stan what the hell guys XD)
Gyaos: 9 Matches
Hedorah: 12 Marches* (*Notable asterisk as he had 2 ties in this, Match 100 (Everyone vs. Everyone) and Match 110 (Hedorah vs. Destoroyah) but his last actual win was in Match 81 and he is currently on a 8 match streak of pure losses. Stop bullying out smog boi lol)
Mothra (Heisei): 4 Matches* (*Asterisk as there is a tie in 291, Mothra & Mothra Leo vs. Destoroyah)
Skullcrawler: 7 Matches* (*Asterisk in that there is a tie but...no wins! Seriously guys not a single win!? WTF lol)
Zandora: 5 Matches

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Can't say I'm too shocked by some of those TBH. Ebirah, Ganimes and Gezora are mostly seen as "fodder" kaiju. I know that sounds kinda mean to say but it's true lol. Most people don't take them too seriously, even though Ebirah actually did manage to give the Big G a decent challenge in his debut film. Kind of shocking that Hedorah and GKG have gone that far without a W, but hey, at least they're still getting matches. :P

As for Bagan, I can't lie, I wouldn't be shocked if some of his losses stemmed from people being sick of how he kept being portrayed as "THE BE ALL END ALL STRONGEST MONSTER OF ALL TIME!!!!" all those years ago.

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

He was that kaiju, until Destoroyah put his ass on a platter.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Godzilla Junior is the one I am most shocked by. Poor guy has been getting the legs beaten off him lately. Gyaos and Skullcrawler are just freakin pathetic for being rivals to two of the most iconic Kaiju ever.