The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
SoggyNoodles2016

Re: The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Wow, I missed something major.

Yeah, I don't really want to lose MKG (while I admit that I found his use without Heisei a bit meh, it really doesn't look that good) but I think losing it altogether is sucky, especially with the aforementioned facts there's no more limit and that he's the only Neutral Ghidorah.

I honestly kinda of agree with Titano: drop GKG, and leave MV, MKG, and 2001 as our Ghidorah trio. If we really want a evil supernatural Ghidorah, Desghidorah is still there and being underused.

I guess the implications from the staff is he might be voted back but man.
MoarCrossovers wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:05 am But Mecha-King Ghidorah has been portrayed as a villain in canon - twice!
At least 5 if we count some of the games

RIP Evan.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

We’re not retiring Grand because he is our evil Ghidorah representation from Japan, while Legendary Ghidorah is the evil Ghidorah rep from America. Also, you know, Grand has a lot of supernatural powers that distinguish him heavily from the more traditional MV Ghidorah power set, and also King Ghidorah is usually evil and that’s what fans want out of King Ghidorah, hence why we have two evil King Ghidorahs.
Last edited by GodzillavsRayquaza on Tue May 25, 2021 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

Okay, derailing from this topic for a bit but I wanna ask a question quickly.

Would it be fine to have Anguirus (Millennium) be Godzilla's (MV/Heisei) best friend in the same vein of their Showa counterparts or is that too out of character?
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Moth wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:57 pm Would it be fine to have Anguirus (Millennium) be Godzilla's (MV/Heisei) best friend in the same vein of their Showa counterparts or is that too out of character?
I wouldn't say they should be best friends but i don't think them being allies is too out there.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

Gigantis wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 5:15 pm
Moth wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:57 pm Would it be fine to have Anguirus (Millennium) be Godzilla's (MV/Heisei) best friend in the same vein of their Showa counterparts or is that too out of character?
I wouldn't say they should be best friends but i don't think them being allies is too out there.
Totally fine! Angira I'd say has the same type of personality as Mothra so I don't see any issue.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

Moth wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:57 pm Okay, derailing from this topic for a bit but I wanna ask a question quickly.

Would it be fine to have Anguirus (Millennium) be Godzilla's (MV/Heisei) best friend in the same vein of their Showa counterparts or is that too out of character?
Millenium as in Final Wars or 2001?
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Nagoda wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 11:20 pm
Moth wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:57 pm Okay, derailing from this topic for a bit but I wanna ask a question quickly.

Isn't Final Wars an alt. skin for Showa?

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

godjacob wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 11:29 pm

Isn't Final Wars an alt. skin for Showa?
No.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

The one available on the roster/2001.
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Greyshot151 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 5:27 pm
Totally fine! Angira I'd say has the same type of personality as Mothra so I don't see any issue.
Being the Angira expert, need to swing in.

They can be allies, that's more than fine. But call them "friends" is kinda pushing it. Yes, he may be an Anguirus, but he's a Yamato Guardian first.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

So MKG isn't being retired till early-mid next year right? In that case, is it too late to make an MKG match? Because i've been wanting to get around to Mecha-King Ghidorah vs. M.U.T.O Prime but i haven't gotten around to it yet.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

KaijuX wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 2:51 am
Greyshot151 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 5:27 pm

Being the Angira expert, need to swing in.

They can be allies, that's more than fine. But call them "friends" is kinda pushing it. Yes, he may be an Anguirus, but he's a Yamato Guardian first.
Isn't a valid way of writing them is as the "wild beasts" they were before they became the guardians? I know that's allowed for at least Baragon but I wanna check if it's good to go for Angira and soon Ghidorah.

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

Moth wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 9:49 am Isn't a valid way of writing them is as the "wild beasts" they were before they became the guardians? I know that's allowed for at least Baragon but I wanna check if it's good to go for Angira and soon Ghidorah.
I’m pretty sure that’s fine. Probably as long as you don’t go too far off from what an Anguirus would do. If we go by Showa Anguirus Standards, Godzilla’s and Anguirus’s were mortal enemies in the past, but the two became allies at some point after their “Deathmatch” ended with Godzilla winning, presumably with Anguirus submitting to Godzilla after his neck got torn open. For Angira, he might act the same as 55 Anguirus, a wild animal with a rivalry against giant creatures like Godzilla, or be different with the background lore in GMK being a destructive beast with ice powers before his defeat and purification as a guardian. Allies might be one thing, but friends is another, since allies aren’t necessarily friends. You can be allies with someone one moment, and then become enemies with them the next. You can be allies with your greatest enemy to fight something stronger than you, but there’s no guarantee that your ally would stop being an enemy afterwards.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 7:54 pm Why do people complain about KWC retirements when the KWCE exists? Mecha King Ghidorah is still there and can still be used—only now, he can literally fight ANYBODY!
Don't care for kwce that's why.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Gojira1604 wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 7:07 pm
ShinGojira14 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 7:54 pm Why do people complain about KWC retirements when the KWCE exists? Mecha King Ghidorah is still there and can still be used—only now, he can literally fight ANYBODY!
Don't care for kwce that's why.
Oof, that's a shame.

The KWCE is awesome. Equally as awesome as the KWC.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

As far as my two cents, while I am sure it isn't the intention, being retired and moving to the KWCE is seen as a downgrade. As if they are not good enough for the real roster.

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

The KWCE is a real roster. Sure it isn't on the front page of the site, but it does have a real dedicated team behind it and a good following.

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

To be honest, I might just stick with the KWCE henceforth after this controversy.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

It's crazy that Showa King Kong would have been retired if Legendary Kong had electric powers in GvK.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

There he is, there's our sneaky guy! The one who got in nigh-unnoticed. :lol:

Added in 23 minutes 13 seconds:
Spoiler:
Was that Mjolnir that Eren used to smack Rhian? Because that was downright badass!
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image