The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Re: The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Kaishin Muba makes his debut, and a very entertaining fight to boot! Great stuff, KaijuX and GvR! :huge:
Spoiler:
Yog possessing Kaishin was rad as f***! Yog was already truly menacing throughout the entirety of the match, but that moment took it to a whole new level of "oh sh**!
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

On the topic of a certain other kaiju that snuck onto the roster a good bit ago...
Spoiler:
Rhiahn was not supposed to be added to the roster stats page yet, he was supposed to be a secret addition. However, let me offer a slight peek behind the curtain for you all. Greyshot (and KaijuX if need be) can post matches by himself with no issue because of the blog format, however, Anthony Romero or Joshua Sudomerski are still required to actually change the established pages on Toho Kingdom, like the KWC roster statistics page. And when Greyshot sent the stuff for Millenium Baragon, Kaishin Muba, and Rhiahn on that page to Anthony, Anthony posted the other two as well as Baragon’s spot. Rhiahn has been there since the 15th, and quite bluntly, we all just hoped you wouldn’t notice, and we were also waiting for multiple people to start talking about it before we of the staff said any words.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 2:50 pm
Spoiler:
Rhiahn was not supposed to be added to the roster stats page yet, he was supposed to be a secret addition. However, let me offer a slight peek behind the curtain for you all. Greyshot (and KaijuX if need be) can post matches by himself with no issue because of the blog format, however, Anthony Romero or Joshua Sudomerski are still required to actually change the established pages on Toho Kingdom, like the KWC roster statistics page. And when Greyshot sent the stuff for Millenium Baragon, Kaishin Muba, and Rhiahn on that page to Anthony, Anthony posted the other two as well as Baragon’s spot. Rhiahn has been there since the 15th, and quite bluntly, we all just hoped you wouldn’t notice, and we were also waiting for multiple people to start talking about it before we of the staff said any words.
I knew something was off when i was literally the only person who kept talking about him! :lol: I thought i might have been going nuts for a while!
Spoiler:
Not that i'm complaining, Rhiahn's easily one of my favorite comic book only monsters. If any kaiju from the Marvel Godzilla stories deserved to get in, it's him! And there's some good story potential to be had with him to, i better get to writing!

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

A really nice match and I like the use of Tsukinowa, plus the characterization Yog has.
Spoiler:
By the way, the inclusion of Rhiahn means you can use the Betans and Megans in matches, but nothing else from Marvel cause that is a large sack of lawsuits we do not want to deal with. Y’all are going to have to ask about what kinds of references you can make with Marvel stuff, but ya can’t have The Mighty Thor throwing Mjolnir or Stormbreaker at giant monsters while the Avengers back him up. And I’m still waiting for someone to use the Dianii hunters from the Dark Horse Comics Bagorah came from in a match since we can technically use them and their green Thanos looking species with their seaweed looking hair.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

Oh hey, that sea monster from that movie that had Orochi in it. Wondering when it'd show up.

Good match though! I love the use of Yog!
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

CommanderBowser
Monsterland Worker

Post by CommanderBowser »

New match is out and Kaishin Muba has joined the fight
Spoiler:
He also wins his match as well, against Kamoebas, but he is now in yog's control
Overall, match is great, banner's (it being a gif banner) great and welcome to the KWC Kaishin Muba
Just your average fan of Godzilla, who also loves cartoons and Super Smash Bros

FWI, Bowser is my Smash Main, hence my user name.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Highly recommend that everyone check out the latest KWCC for an important announcement. ;)
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

MoarCrossovers wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 6:07 am Highly recommend that everyone check out the latest KWCC for an important announcement. ;)
EDIT:: I actually just saw it and uh..
Spoiler:
well I'm gonna miss MKG but Millennium Ghidorah is HYPE
Last edited by Gigantis on Mon May 24, 2021 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

Spoiler:
Anything else announced there?
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Moth wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 9:54 am
Spoiler:
Anything else announced there?
Nah that was it.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Spoiler:
I AM GOING TO WRITE SO MANY MATCHES WITH THE 2001 TRIO, YOU HAVE NO IDEA

RIP Evan.

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

Spoiler:
mmmm...
Eh, I don't feel too strongly about this. I'm not sad MechaKG is exiting but not thrilled about Millennium KG. But Millennium KG offers more writing variety, so that's a win.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Spoiler:
If someone doesn't do a full on GMK team up with Millennium Mothra, Baragon and Ghidorah i'm going to be so freaking upset

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsJason »

Gigantis wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 10:28 am
Spoiler:
If someone doesn't do a full on GMK team up with Millennium Mothra, Baragon and Ghidorah i'm going to be so freaking upset
Spoiler:
GMK Mothra is not getting added whatsoever. It's just Angira, Baragon and Ghidorah as the guardian trio.
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Fan of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing, and Red vs Blue!

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

GodzillavsJason wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 10:37 am
Gigantis wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 10:28 am
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
GMK Mothra is not getting added whatsoever. It's just Angira, Baragon and Ghidorah as the guardian trio.
Spoiler:
I was talking about the Millennium Mothra we already have silly. :P

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Spoiler:
Eh, on one hand I'm glad to see GMK Ghidorah be added, but on the other hand I don't see the purpose of retiring MKG for him.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

Kiryu2012 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 4:05 pm
Spoiler:
Eh, on one hand I'm glad to see GMK Ghidorah be added, but on the other hand I don't see the purpose of retiring MKG for him.
Yeah, that's my thoughts on this. You can easily have both co-exist, this just feels like retiring for the sake of retiring.

This especially seems like a strange retirement after the recent FAQ update which abolishes the whole "slot" mentality. So it wasn't like these two couldn't co-exist, it's not like their roles even overlap with each other outside of "good guy Ghidorah", but even then their origins are completely different. It would have made more sense to retire Grand King Ghidorah when adding Legendary than axing Mecha King Ghidorah for the newcomer, not that I would have wanted that in the first place.

Like I said before, I don't care too much for MKG, but I don't think it's necessary for him to be retired for a completely different monster. One that has different story purposes, different origin, and different powers. This isn't like retiring Frankenstein for the Titans because of how similar they are, nor C-Rex due to how basic he is, nor trading Heisei Mothra for Millennium and having Leo basically be "Better Heisei Mothra", this just feels like a very weird retirement and not one I'm too much of a fan of.
Last edited by Moth on Mon May 24, 2021 4:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Spoiler:
Mecha-King Ghidorah is being retired?
Are you kidding me?

Spoiler:
I don't care what the justification is. "We only need one hero Ghidorah!" Then we also only need one evil Ghidorah. Better get rid of either Grand or MonsterVerse. Alternatively, better cut the Mothras on the roster down to one. "His abilities aren't that unique and he doesn't bring that much to the table, story-wise!" He's literally the most unique of all the Ghidorahs on the roster, a piloted zombie cyborg whose entire thing is based around capturing and removing kaiju instead of outright killing them. We also lose Emmy, Wilson, Grenchiko, and M-11 as human characters - Or, at least, the ability to fit them into stories a lot more naturally than it would be without Mecha-King Ghidorah to base their presence around. "We can't have too many Ghidorahs on the roster all at once!" You cannot play this card immediately after introducing Showa Godzilla. Also, this.

I've said it before and I will say it again: There is no reason to retire any monster from the KWC roster. Ever. Even the most obscure monster that only gets one match a year has their fans. Someone who likes reading about them. "But this monster hasn't had a match in a really long--" Who. Cares? Toho Kingdom hasn't started having to pay Toho per active monster on the roster, have they? "But these monsters are really simi--" So you write a match where Frankenstein teams up with or fights the Titans and use that similarity to the match's strength, you don't just kick Frankenstein out of the roster (also, you'd think Frankenstein would be the one to get priority in staying since he's the actual Toho kaiju, but whatever). Why are you allowing both Kumasogami and Obsidius on the roster, then? They're both lava monsters, better get rid of one of them. And what with the Skullcrawlers on the roster, we don't really need two "predatory reptiles who fight King Kong on his tropical island home" monsters, so we should probably get rid of Gorosaurus, too.

You guys are going retirement crazy and really need to stop. It's reaching the point where it's starting to feel like you're just retiring monsters at random to create the illusion of being busy with KWC-related work.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsJason »

Didn't you retire Heisei King Ghidorah during your run of the KWC?
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Fan of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing, and Red vs Blue!

FatBaconUnicorn
JXSDF Technician

Post by FatBaconUnicorn »

TitanoGoji16 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 5:43 pm ...
Spoiler:
Mecha-King Ghidorah is being retired?
Are you kidding me?

Spoiler:
I don't care what the justification is. "We only need one hero Ghidorah!" Then we also only need one evil Ghidorah. Better get rid of either Grand or MonsterVerse. Alternatively, better cut the Mothras on the roster down to one. "His abilities aren't that unique and he doesn't bring that much to the table, story-wise!" He's literally the most unique of all the Ghidorahs on the roster, a piloted zombie cyborg whose entire thing is based around capturing and removing kaiju instead of outright killing them. We also lose Emmy, Wilson, Grenchiko, and M-11 as human characters - Or, at least, the ability to fit them into stories a lot more naturally than it would be without Mecha-King Ghidorah to base their presence around. "We can't have too many Ghidorahs on the roster all at once!" You cannot play this card immediately after introducing Showa Godzilla. Also, this.

I've said it before and I will say it again: There is no reason to retire any monster from the KWC roster. Ever. Even the most obscure monster that only gets one match a year has their fans. Someone who likes reading about them. "But this monster hasn't had a match in a really long--" Who. Cares? Toho Kingdom hasn't started having to pay Toho per active monster on the roster, have they? "But these monsters are really simi--" So you write a match where Frankenstein teams up with or fights the Titans and use that similarity to the match's strength, you don't just kick Frankenstein out of the roster (also, you'd think Frankenstein would be the one to get priority in staying since he's the actual Toho kaiju, but whatever). Why are you allowing both Kumasogami and Obsidius on the roster, then? They're both lava monsters, better get rid of one of them. And what with the Skullcrawlers on the roster, we don't really need two "predatory reptiles who fight King Kong on his tropical island home" monsters, so we should probably get rid of Gorosaurus, too.

You guys are going retirement crazy and really need to stop. It's reaching the point where it's starting to feel like you're just retiring monsters at random to create the illusion of being busy with KWC-related work.
We retire characters when another character can do what they can but better. We can still have the time travel element that Mecha King Ghidorah has with the other mechs and GMK Ghidorah does a lot more with the Guardian role. It also completes the Yamato Guardian trio (The ones that matter anyway). With Frankenstein we have Sanda and Gaira who are literally his two halves (his human and monster side) of his character. And the Titans do the human element better and have a better regeneration. Plus you literally retired Heisei King Ghidorah for Mecha-King Ghidorah so you don't have much room to talk there.