The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Re: The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 7:18 pm Okay, but when are we getting
Spoiler:
Shin Pigmon
, tho.

For real, guys. I'm hyped too but be considerate.
Spoiler:
Hopefully in Part 2.

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

Is Bemular still on the table to be axed?
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Moth wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 3:39 pm Is Bemular still on the table to be axed?
I don't think so. I think retirement in general is being saved for when there's either a kaiju who acts as a better version of one character, or a more impressive incarnation of a kaiju that does everything the older version does better.. Could be wrong tho.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsJason »

Bemular is safe.
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Fan of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing, and Red vs Blue!

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Gigantis wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 3:42 pmI don't think so. I think retirement in general is being saved for when there's either a kaiju who acts as a better version of one character, or a more impressive incarnation of a kaiju that does everything the older version does better.. Could be wrong tho.
Think it depends on the abilities as well.

Take Legendary Ghidorah and Grand King Ghidorah as well as Showa Kong and Legendary Kong as examples. Despite being similar they fight differently and have much different abilities hence why they all can stay.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

I truly think retirement should only be used if a Kaiju's character role & abilities/fighting style are made entirely redundant with another on the roster. For example, while I miss Frankenstein I can accept him being retired since Sanda basically fills every role you could want for Frankenstein and has the added benefit of the direct connection/"bond" with Gaira on top of the Gargantua's unique attributes.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Honestly I was always under the impression Frankenstein was retired due to the titans. :eh:

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 4:16 pm Honestly I was always under the impression Frankenstein was retired due to the titans. :eh:
Titans acted as Human elements and giant humans with humanity in them, while his sons the Gargantuas represent both aspects of himself, with Sanda representing his love and humanity while Gaira acts as his monstrous nature even with the hunched back, and both also show his loneliness and want for companionship made true upon them coming together to help the other. His sons represent both sides of him and more.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Nagoda wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 4:19 pmTitans acted as Human elements and giant humans with humanity in them, while his sons the Gargantuas represent both aspects of himself, with Sanda representing his love and humanity while Gaira acts as his monstrous nature even with the hunched back, and both also show his loneliness and want for companionship made true upon them coming together to help the other. His sons represent both sides of him and more.
Guess that makes sense.

If this was the case, they should've kept Frankenstein being he's their "father" having more of a threesome family dynamic but that's just me. Just my two cents.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 4:33 pm
Nagoda wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 4:19 pmTitans acted as Human elements and giant humans with humanity in them, while his sons the Gargantuas represent both aspects of himself, with Sanda representing his love and humanity while Gaira acts as his monstrous nature even with the hunched back, and both also show his loneliness and want for companionship made true upon them coming together to help the other. His sons represent both sides of him and more.
Guess that makes sense.

If this was the case, they should've kept Frankenstein being he's their "father" having more of a threesome family dynamic but that's just me. Just my two cents.
Don't get me wrong, I hate retirement as a concept in general and wished we never did it. Just if it HAS to be a thing because of whatever arbitrary reason, I think Frankenstein is the best possible candidate.

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

Happy Bemular is staying. Love that ugly smuck!
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

I'm pretty sure the main reason Bemular was on the table was a Tv kaiju limit and the possibility of a Toho distributed film adding new kaiju. I think both of those were overturned/proved false so he's all good.

And I'm glad, I love that dork.

RIP Evan.

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsJason »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 7:20 pm I'm pretty sure the main reason Bemular was on the table was a Tv kaiju limit and the possibility of a Toho distributed film adding new kaiju. I think both of those were overturned/proved false so he's all good.

And I'm glad, I love that dork.
Originally we did have a limit in place, but decided to get rid of it. If a combatant is unique, we'll add them and it no longer implies another is getting retired in any shape or form.
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Fan of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing, and Red vs Blue!

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 7:20 pm I'm pretty sure the main reason Bemular was on the table was a Tv kaiju limit and the possibility of a Toho distributed film adding new kaiju. I think both of those were overturned/proved false so he's all good.
Since Ultraman is a tenant of the kaiju community, it was decided to raise the limit of 10 monsters to a higher threshold. Also, the supposed re-releases of old movies never occurred so Bemular classic will definitely stay.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I tlread the new match earlier but I was just too busy to comment on it lmao
Spoiler:
Pretty nice match overall. Nice to see we're finally getting a continuation from Bemular vs. Godzilla.. Even though I could've sworn Godzilla Heisei vs. Ultraman was that continuation but whatever. Nice action, continues the story well, and how can i say no a based Mechani-Kong W?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

This question has probably already been answered in a previous page, but I don’t think I can dig that far.

Will Shin Ultraman be added to the roster?
Spoiler:
As far I’ve read, Shin Ultra does have different properties and abilities compared to Classic Ultra.
I think that warrants either an extra character slot, or an alternate skin/version added onto the preexisting Ultraman character, but I dunno.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Jermobooka wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 9:52 am This question has probably already been answered in a previous page, but I don’t think I can dig that far.

Will Shin Ultraman be added to the roster?
Spoiler:
As far I’ve read, Shin Ultra does have different properties and abilities compared to Classic Ultra.
I think that warrants either an extra character slot, or an alternate skin/version added onto the preexisting Ultraman character, but I dunno.
Err, nobody on the staff has seen the film yet, so I don't really think anyone can gauge.. I mean I can but I don't wanna get banned. :P

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Spoiler:
This match was awesome! A great continuation of LPG vs Bemular, with a brutally dark ending to boot. Things are not looking very bright for the side of good in this universe…
Also, three years!

It’s hard to believe it’s been three years since there was officially no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. It only feels like yesterday.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 10:24 am
Spoiler:
This match was awesome! A great continuation of LPG vs Bemular, with a brutally dark ending to boot. Things are not looking very bright for the side of good in this universe…
Also, three years!

It’s hard to believe it’s been three years since there was officially no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. It only feels like yesterday.
Context? For someone who probably missed this period

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

godjacob wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 10:43 am
ShinGojira14 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 10:24 am
Spoiler:
Also, three years!

Context? For someone who probably missed this period
Look at the comments section on Match 259.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image