The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Re: The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

Post by KaijuX »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:33 pm Would Terrestris be heavier than Amphibia? It seems like he has a more lithe, agile build by comparison.

Or is there a book that I’m currently unaware of that confirms he’s heavier?
I get the conclusion, but I figured by virtue of the extra length (the dude is long) and the extreme excess of Red Dust he can produce, it didn't hurt to make him heavier. That said, due to said lithe build, I decided to keep it the increased mass less substantial compared to the leap between 0th to 1st or 2nd to 3rd.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

KaijuX wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:56 am
ShinGojira14 wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:33 pm Would Terrestris be heavier than Amphibia? It seems like he has a more lithe, agile build by comparison.

Or is there a book that I’m currently unaware of that confirms he’s heavier?
I get the conclusion, but I figured by virtue of the extra length (the dude is long) and the extreme excess of Red Dust he can produce, it didn't hurt to make him heavier. That said, due to said lithe build, I decided to keep it the increased mass less substantial compared to the leap between 0th to 1st or 2nd to 3rd.
I guess that’s true.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

FatBaconUnicorn
JXSDF Technician

Post by FatBaconUnicorn »

I know I am late to the party but I finally finished the match. There is clearly a lot of passion here, the characterizations for everyone were very well done. It felt like a sequel to the Heisei Trilogy with the progression of the themes and characters of the said trilogy. Hedorah is downright terrifying in this and Gamera's character is my favorite part of the match. Though this match's biggest problem is that even as someone who has seen Weathering With You, this felt at times too much of a rehash for my liking. It follows the movie beat by beat, even at times where it feels like the plot would completely change,
Spoiler:
like Hodaka being arrested for the possession of a firearm and being a runaway. I feel like when you are evacuating people from a Kaiju, there are some bigger threats than some runaway that had a gun.
There is a lot of good writing here but it drags in certain spots due to going by the movie beat by beat. More things I feel should have changed to make the story of Gamera vs Hedorah work more instead of WWY guest staring Gamera and Hedorah.

Though I will say that as the production of this match went on, it inspired me to do my own kind of match like this. So I hope I can do good with that.
Last edited by FatBaconUnicorn on Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

Just posting some stuff about possible inclusions from 3.0+1.0 and Eva as a whole, spoilers down below for 3.0+1.0, but none that say plot points in specific (until the last line!!!), more listing appearances.
Spoiler:
Eva-02, 08, and 13 (and some other ones like mass produced ones and other numbered ones) appear in the film. 00 is absent so I don't think the main three iconic ones would get added together unless we use Godzilla vs Evangelion for 00's inclusion alone. But out of those three, I think a look should be taken at Unit-02, the Rebuilds are more of Asuka's films so it'd be a bit of a bummer if 02 doesn't get in. 02 could be used as a skin aswell, since the only differences are mostly weaponry since both can go Berserk (02 goes Berserk in EOE), but 01 goes Awakening while 02 goes Beast, which is the only major difference between those two.

Also no Angels outside the 9th one appear, which isn't the combatant type.
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Well I've been gone for a while. I am gonna miss Shin, retirements suck man :(

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

godjacob wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:48 pm Well I've been gone for a while. I am gonna miss Shin, retirements suck man :(
Well if it's any condolence, last one for the forseeable future!

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Gigantis wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:59 pm
godjacob wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:48 pm Well I've been gone for a while. I am gonna miss Shin, retirements suck man :(
Well if it's any condolence, last one for the forseeable future!
It really isn't but I least respect the attempt. Shin was one of my fav Godzillas.

Least we did get a Godzilla (Legendary) vs. Shin match in first, if not I would've burned this site to the ground lol

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

Good thing we're getting a less restrictive Godzilla.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

UltimateDitto wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:21 pm Good thing we're getting a less restrictive Godzilla.
I feel if you guys just allowed Shin to use stuff outside of Shin Godzilla, that restrictive element would be a non-factor. Like how they allow the KWCE to use the fan film trilogy as "logical extensions" of what Godzilla Earth could do in the Anime Trilogy.

Regardless, I do wish Ultima well.

CommanderPhoenix
Monarch Researcher

Post by CommanderPhoenix »

godjacob wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:01 pm Least we did get a Godzilla (Legendary) vs. Shin match in first, if not I would've burned this site to the ground lol
That's how I feel about Frankenstein getting the boot. Sure, I'd keep him around if it were up to me, but at least we got Frankenstein vs Showa Godzilla before he left.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

I think I may have found a perfect profile picture for Godzilla (Ultima).

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:49 am I think I may have found a perfect profile picture for Godzilla (Ultima).
That's no good. The lighting is too dark and the Red Dust obscures too much of Ultima.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Why not just have it be that one photo where he was roaring right in front of the camera? It fits, looks good enough to fit with the other pictures, represents Ultima perfectly..

Not too sure what we should do with his other three forms though.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Gigantis wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:10 pm Why not just have it be that one photo where he was roaring right in front of the camera? It fits, looks good enough to fit with the other pictures, represents Ultima perfectly..

This one?

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:22 pm
Gigantis wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:10 pm Why not just have it be that one photo where he was roaring right in front of the camera? It fits, looks good enough to fit with the other pictures, represents Ultima perfectly..

This one?
Go back a few frames before the missiles explode and you got it! And, well, flip the image.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Gigantis wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:28 pm
ShinGojira14 wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:22 pm

This one?
Go back a few frames before the missiles explode and you got it! And, well, flip the image.
Flip it vertically or horizontally? :-P

CommanderPhoenix
Monarch Researcher

Post by CommanderPhoenix »

New match is out! I gotta say, a medieval setting is one I absolutely love in kaiju fiction.
Spoiler:
A bit surprised it was a draw, since I expected Bagan to survive, but I really like it anyway.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

This is a really solid match, with kickass action and an intriguing setting. Kaiju in medieval times is sick, especially one as wild and weird as Legion.

Banner’s also top notch.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

THE RETURN OF LEGION IS UPON US!

I really like the concept of this matchup, and it was pretty good overall. Seeing both Bagan and Legion get some time to shine after a while out of the spotlight is neat to see, and i feel like we in general need more "period piece" K.W.C's.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Thoroughly enjoyed the premise, setting, and action set-piece for the match! And a very warm and welcomed return to the migthy Bagan and Legion! Man, it feels nice to see these two again! :)
Spoiler:
Definitely look forward to the next part... It'll be a doozy. ;)
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells