The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
CommanderPhoenix
Monarch Researcher

Re: The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

Post by CommanderPhoenix »

Oh yeah, a new match. I absolutely love the way that Baragon and Zilla acted in this.
Spoiler:
Baragon getting his child-eating head smashed in by a big-ass tree genuinely might be the best moment of any of the KWC matches released in 2021.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Hope everyone's enjoying today's match! However, I'd like to present something that was lowkey "teased" from the last KWC update--the KWC Animated has now been formally converted into the KWC Multimedia, expanding our horizons with submissions and different types of formats! Hopefully, this will not only expand with parties interested in contributing, but can also utilize monsters that could be seen as hard to come by and given them a chance to shine! Cleaned up the main KWC page a bit for better consistency. Either way, thrilled to see what will be brought from the the christened KWCM! Heck, I think I may contribute something myself...

As for today's match, it's an oldie, but in a good way. The finisher to this was killer! Definitely something new to the table. :D
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

A nice match. Nice and simple with a good fight.
Spoiler:

Basically the ending of this match. Glad to see Marlin the Zilla finally beat Baragon the Barracuda for killing Coral and eating all his eggs but one. Now we need a sequel for Nemo the Zilla.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Spoiler:
Damn, Baragon got fucking rekt. The winner wasn't really even Zilla, it was Mother Nature. :lol:

Beyond that, it's a pretty decent match overall, with some cute moments sprinkled throughout. Banner could look a bit better though.
So we're expanding the KWCA To the KWCM huh? Does that mean we contribute in a way beyond videos? What other things can we do?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

Gigantis wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:28 pm
So we're expanding the KWCA To the KWCM huh? Does that mean we contribute in a way beyond videos? What other things can we do?
Multimedia is a large range of things, meaning you can probably do anything that has to do with visual storytelling in this case. Some of the examples in the FAQ were stuff like Comics, Audio Dramas, and videos of course.
_______

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Spoiler:
.............did Baragon just come up with the concept of farming?

Great match! One of my fave KWC matches: a simple premise but done exceptionally well.

RIP Evan.

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

Spoiler:
The remaining baby part was sweet. The banner makes Zilla look weird (like an inflatable item or something) while Baragon looks fine. The two not being gargantuan like usual around here is neat.
The fight overall isn't half bad.

CommanderBowser
Monsterland Worker

Post by CommanderBowser »

Another match is out and Zilla and Baragon are fighting this time
Spoiler:
Zilla won this fight as well, and it looks like no monster would harm his children again
Overall, match is great, banner is great and overall, fun match.
Spoiler:
And is this Baragon (Showa)'s final fight
Just your average fan of Godzilla, who also loves cartoons and Super Smash Bros

FWI, Bowser is my Smash Main, hence my user name.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

CommanderBowser wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:41 am And is this Baragon (Showa)'s final fight
Oh no, not at all. :lol: Showa Baragon has a ton of matches we still need to process, so he probably won't properly kick it until 2022 (since we're spreading them out accordingly).
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.

CommanderBowser
Monsterland Worker

Good, cause I sent a match with Showa Baragon in it.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

CommanderBowser wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:17 pm Good, cause I sent a match with Showa Baragon in it.
But we're not receiving any more Showa Baragon matches. When we announce a retirement, all submissions are stopped, and we focus on getting the ones we have posted to the site. You can send it to the KWCE if you still wish to have it posted.

Pair of kings.

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

You could always ask to change it to Millenium Baragon if you already submitted it since we are allowed to write Millenium as Showa in a sense due to his past as a wild beast before becoming a guardian.
_______

SoggyNoodles2016

Nagoda wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:03 pm You could always ask to change it to Millenium Baragon if you already submitted it since we are allowed to write Millenium as Showa in a sense due to his past as a wild beast before becoming a guardian.
Wait, is that the justification? I thought it was the IDW Baragon that's Showa in a Millenium skin.

RIP Evan.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:35 pm
Nagoda wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:03 pm You could always ask to change it to Millenium Baragon if you already submitted it since we are allowed to write Millenium as Showa in a sense due to his past as a wild beast before becoming a guardian.
Wait, is that the justification? I thought it was the IDW Baragon that's Showa in a Millenium skin.
It’s both. We have two justifications.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

CommanderBowser
Monsterland Worker

In my defense, I have sent the match over a year ago.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

God(zilla), I can't get over how good Match 273 is. It's been two years, and still I go back and re-read it like crazy just to enjoy the ever-loving skreeonk out of it.

That's it. That's the post.
Last edited by ShinGojira14 on Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

New match out. My favorite match of the year so far, and it’ll be real tough to top for sure. Excellent story, characters, and action all around, both Godzillas are treated with respect and utilized well. MV vs Shin is a match I think everyone’s been waiting for, and this match met the insanely lofty heights such a match needed to meet.
Spoiler:
Shin being completely unaffected by Burning did feel like a bit much to me, but maybe that’s just me. Didn’t detract from the match, and what followed was still an amazing conclusion to the fight.

Also, Legendary Godzilla losing, digs at Trump, and an LGBT main character? Man, this Facebook comment section’s gonna be something alright.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Besides some joke's that feel.. admittedly kind of outdated, this is still a pretty damn good matchup! This is probably the matchup most have been waiting for ever since Shin was confirmed, and it delivered.
Spoiler:
Though i gotta say, i wasn't expecting either Godzilla to live at the end of it all.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

A "holy crap, someone did it!" moment. An all around friggin' terrific match all throughout! I have no qualms with it, even if it does get a little heavy-handed at points.
Spoiler:
Shin Godzilla turning MV Godzilla's Burning energy against him was friggin' jaw-dropping! Absolutely adored that moment! Also, the ending with the wandering 5th form was very chilling and effective!

On a side note, I did get this match back in 2020... And I really wanted to try and shove it in our schedule for that year. However, MV Godzilla's general personality felt out of place to me when I first read it, even when compared to his KOTM counterpart. So I held off on it for a future date.... Glad I did, because GvK definitely remedied that component to the character. So after GvK, got this sucker done as soon as I could, and here we are.

Pair of kings.

SoggyNoodles2016

A utterly fantastic match.

I have nothing else to say.

An instant KWC great and I hope, a hint there's more to be done with a God Incarnate then a Hopeless Future ;)

Added in 20 minutes 10 seconds:
So we're getting Legendary Mechagodzilla, a Showa monster, and an Ultra one next, yeah?

RIP Evan.