The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Re: The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

Post by HillyHulk »

Spoiler:
I don't buy the "lost soul wanting the fighting to end" angle for Monster X
but the fight is fine.

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Spoiler:
Local Xilien's fursona rebels against him.

While I still don't see the purpose of retiring Showa B for his Millennium self when hybridizing's an option, I think he was utilized well enough here. I like the little arc of X being like 'I don't wish to be a killer, I just want to be happy', and King Caesar becoming his bro towards the end was neat. The banner also gives a nice visualization of Visitor's Brainspasm, so that's appreciated.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

CommanderPhoenix
Monarch Researcher

Post by CommanderPhoenix »

Spoiler:
Always a fan of "evil monster decides that being evil is dumb" stories. Honestly surprised that this was the debut of GMK Baragon though. Feels like it could have just been the Showa Baragon without anything really changing.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

This match originally had Showa Baragon, but because of how we can pretty much just write Millenium as Showa if we don’t want to have him as a guardian, KaijuX asked a bunch of writers who had already submitted Showa Baragon matches if they were cool with changing it to Millenium because you usually don’t even have to change anything in the actual match.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

You will see face turn Monster X again, I can promise that.

And yeah, this match was originally just Showa Baragon. However, when KaijuX asked if I want to switch it to GMK Baragon, I agreed because I have plans for this little arc and such.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Kiryu2012 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 1:12 pm While I still don't see the purpose of retiring Showa B for his Millennium self when hybridizing's an option
Hybridizing mostly applies to monsters who can be written the same between their versions, and was done for the sake of banner-making (since it's notoriously difficult to get good images of some of the FW monsters). Now Gigan is a notable exception to this, because his circumstances were... Different. A la, he was written as Showa in Match 9, old banner reflected Millennium, but still has the Showa descriptions. Between that and our mentality at the time we instated Gigan's hybridization (a la, trying to consolidate where we could), we found in it best interest to keep it to one Gigan (though their powers are vastly different, their characteristics are nominally very similar, or can be written as such).

Point being, though GMK and Showa have very similar exteriors and some commonalities in powers, there are a few exclusive elements to GMK that are GMK--like the spirit thing. Can't write Showa with that, so that's why hybridizing Baragon was off the table for us. We've brought that up to the table many times in the past, and our final result is what you see here. In thanks to the movie, its lore, and extended media, GMK Baragon doesn't lose any real perk of Showa; he's just better Showa, with more to work with on top of that.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

^ to add to that, that's why Heisei Mothra got axed in favor of Millennium Mothra (and Leo). Leo was just, better Heisei Mothra in terms of powers and the free "Mothra slot" went to Millennium because it's basically Heisei but without beams.
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Tbh, I also hope Millenium was so we could finally get some fucking larva.

Seriously, why could we not have any larva? Fuck the proto monster shit, they literally have fought more kaiju then half the roster at this point.

RIP Evan.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 5:40 pm Seriously, why could we not have any larva? Fuck the proto monster shit, they literally have fought more kaiju then half the roster at this point.
So for a small taste of behind-the-scenes: At the very, very least, there will be something coming for next year's Survey that'll address the matter. Speaking for myself, I am inclined to agree that the idea of restraining lesser forms is dumb, unless it's justified (I think 1st and 2nd Form Shin is a good example of holding back on). So hopefully, those feelings will be quelled, and maybe something can be worked out on staff side.

As to why proto monsters were off-limits... Old Guard, that's my only guess. I think it's just one of those things Anthony still imposes that we can't greenlight yet. Hence, why I think Millennium Mothra is a great loophole for getting the Larva in (at least with how things are currently). I remember several years ago, we had implemented Leo Larva into the KWC Combatant Stats (I think I had GBG implement it, because Greyshot okay'd it) but Anthony caught wind and told us to remove him.

If the issue was visual presentation, then I guess I could see why; the 2017 format wouldn't have looked nice with multiple forms and a bunch of powers. An issue that's obviously since been long amended for with the new format, so it's entirely possible to bring them in without it being too awkward (the worst it can be is bloated, but it'd still be presentable).

If it were up to me, these would be the ones I'd push for (from most priority to least):
Spoiler:
-Mothra Leo Larva
-Cretaceous King Ghidorah
-Enable Millennium Larva as a form (go the full mile)
-Shin Godzilla 3rd and 5th Forms (enough time has passed to where we know for certain the movie won't get a sequel, I'd say go for it with 5th form)
-Rose Biollante

Obviously Heisei Larva is a no-go, but even if Heisei Mothra were still active, I'd rather have the utilization of regular Mothra Larvas to assist be Millennium's feature. For the same reason, I'd still keep Legendary Larva off limits as well... Plus, LP Larva is just too dang small, and rescaling wouldn't fit her.
That's how I see it. We'll see what we can do come the next major Survey and go from there.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

So in light of recent events, we did a much-needed overhaul to the KWC FAQ. It may take a couple of days / next match before everything is processed and updated accordingly. However, you may view it and see where things have changed--and it's quite a bit!
https://www.tohokingdom.com/blog/kwc-fr ... questions/

Pair of kings.

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

"Neon Genesis Evangelion series (Bardiel, Eva-05, Sahaquiel, etc.)"
Seeing there's a distinction between the show and Rebuilds.... Hm....
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Moth wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:38 am "Neon Genesis Evangelion series (Bardiel, Eva-05, Sahaquiel, etc.)"
Seeing there's a distinction between the show and Rebuilds.... Hm....
I meant series in the broad sense, hence why I listed Eva-05 (who I think only appears in 2.0).

Pair of kings.

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

[looks at the balloons and celebratory banner I was already setting up]

Aw. Maybe another day for the party.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Wait a minute..
Spoiler:
Where the heck did Rhian come from and where's his match? Not to mention i think he and Millennium Baragon's little sigantures are off. Baragon's is Showa, and Rhians is Heisei even though i think he counts as a comic book monster like Bagorah and Trilopod.
Last edited by Gigantis on Mon May 17, 2021 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Gigantis wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 11:58 amWait a minute..
Wow. That's got to be the sneakiest combatant debut I've ever seen. :lol:
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

TitanoGoji16 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 5:45 pm
Gigantis wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 11:58 amWait a minute..
Wow. That's got to be the sneakiest combatant debut I've ever seen. :lol:
Well if you look at the picture, it looks like he’s literally sneaking in.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Spoiler:
Hey, look. It's the weird fish guy.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Enjoy Kaishin Muba’s debut everyone, helping KaijuX out on this one was a blast! Hope this match gives people a good idea on how to write Kaishin, both story and action wise.

Added in 1 minute 8 seconds:
Also shout out to both Nagoda and Soul for their respective banners, they both look dope!
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

It only took two years since he was first announced to get in but Kaishin finally made it! :lol:

But seriously, great match. I think i actually have a good grasp on how KM's actually gonna work in a fight now. (i was super confused when i first wrote him, didn't really help i barely knew anything about Yamato Takeru)

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!