Your Favorite KWCs

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
{---HYPERZeTToN---}
G-Force Personnel

Re: Your Favorite KWCs

Post by {---HYPERZeTToN---} »

Since somebody revived this thread and people have been commenting on it, allow me to REPOST my HUUUUGE favorites list! (Updated with 4 new matches at the very end)

*NOT IN ORDER*

Match 14 Godzilla (Heisei) vs. Gamera
Match 25 Ultraman & Jet Jaguar vs. Monster X
Match 33 King Ghidorah vs. Godzilla (Heisei), Anguirus, & Rodan
Match 34 SpaceGodzilla vs. Destoroyah vs. Orga vs. Dagahra
Match 39 Biollante vs. Moguera vs. Destoroyah
Match 51 Bagan vs. Everyone
Match 56 Bagan vs. Everyone (Fallout)
Match 59 Biollante vs. Legion
Match 79 SpaceGodzilla vs. Grand King Ghidorah
Match 89 Zone Fighter vs. Godzilla (Heisei) & Monster X
Match 91 Godzilla (Heisei) vs. SpaceGodzilla, Obsidius, & Krystalak vs. Mechagodzilla (Heisei) vs. Biollante
Match 96 Ultraman vs. Megalon
Match 100 Everyone vs. Everyone
Match 102 Orga vs. Mothra
Match 103 King Caesar vs. Monster X
Match 104 Baragon vs. Gaira
Match 108 Godzilla (Heisei) vs. Dogora
Match 112 Utsuno Ikusagami vs. Godzilla (Heisei)
Match 125 Ultraman vs. Grand King Ghidorah
Match 128 Grand King Ghidorah vs. Gigan, Megalon, Monster X, Orga, & Cyber-Zilla
Match 133 Mechani-Kong vs. Baragon, Kumonga, Titanosaurus, & Gigan
Match 135 Godzilla (Heisei), Godzilla Jr, Anguirus, & Gabara vs. Irys
Match 143 Destoroyah vs. Bagan
Match 145 Megalon vs. Zandolla
Match 146 Zilla & Jet Jaguar vs. Gaira vs. Gyaos
Match 160 Godzilla (Heisei) vs. Godzilla (Legendary)
Match 175 Godzilla (Heisei), Anguirus & Rodan vs. Monster X
Match 178 Mechagodzilla (Heisei) vs. Kumasogami
Match 185 Ultraseven, Gigan, Megalon, & Moguera vs. Everyone
Match 190 Godzilla (Heisei) vs. Bagan
Match 199 Gamera vs. Gezora
Match 204 Kiryu vs. Spyler, Wargilgar & Zandolla
Match 206 Bagan, Battra & Kumasogami vs. Dogora

*THE END*

Ok so out of my favorites above (huge list), I've come up with my top 10:

1. Bagan vs. Everyone (Fallout)
2. Ultraseven, Gigan, Megalon, & Moguera vs. Everyone
3. Zilla & Jet Jaguar vs. Gaira vs. Gyaos
4. Godzilla (Heisei) vs. Bagan
5. Godzilla (Heisei) vs. SpaceGodzilla, Obsidius, & Krystalak vs. Mechagodzilla (Heisei) vs. Biollante
6. Godzilla (Heisei) vs. Gamera
7. Godzilla (Heisei) vs. Godzilla (Legendary)
8. Everyone vs. Everyone
9. Grand King Ghidorah vs. Gigan, Megalon, Monster X, Orga, & Cyber-Zilla
10. Ultraman vs. Grand King Ghidorah

Honorable Mention: SpaceGodzilla vs. Grand King Ghidorah
Last edited by {---HYPERZeTToN---} on Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Saltmons
Samurai

Post by Saltmons »

Not a top 10, but I actually really like Match 202. It takes three monsters who haven't gotten the best treatment in the KWC and does something well with them. Gabara gets to be taken seriously, Baragon gets some time to fight as a hero (and a pet on the head after countless uses as a punching bag,) and Hedorah is made a serious threat without Match 81 (Jurassic Park 3 of the KWC) being involved at all. Kudos to MM.
I'm a toku fan first and a kaiju fan second.

Crocartes
Yojimbo

Post by Crocartes »

Match 111: Gamera vs Rodan is mine.

It is well written, and the match flows very nicely. It tells a story, and uses a lot of landmarks, which I am a sucker for. It is very brutal without being edgy for the sake of it, so I was quite pleased when I read it! If I think of more later, I'll add them.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

Crocartes wrote:Match 111: Gamera vs Rodan is mine.

It is well written, and the match flows very nicely. It tells a story, and uses a lot of landmarks, which I am a sucker for. It is very brutal without being edgy for the sake of it, so I was quite pleased when I read it! If I think of more later, I'll add them.
Huh, wasn’t expecting that match to be you’re favorite, but its nice to know that. :)
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

Crocartes
Yojimbo

Post by Crocartes »

soulgodzilla wrote: Huh, wasn’t expecting that match to be you’re favorite, but its nice to know that. :)
Were you the writer of that match? :0

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

Crocartes wrote:
soulgodzilla wrote: Huh, wasn’t expecting that match to be you’re favorite, but its nice to know that. :)
Were you the writer of that match? :0
Oh, no. Im not the writer of the match.

But I am the madman genius who co wrote this and the one who made the banner for it.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/kwc/match_2 ... _hell.html
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

Crocartes
Yojimbo

Post by Crocartes »

Well big congratulations and thank you, because that was one hell of a great match! Certainly up there.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

Crocartes wrote:Well big congratulations and thank you, because that was one hell of a great match! Certainly up there.
Thanks.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

Crocartes
Yojimbo

Post by Crocartes »

Also, I'd like to throw in Match 230: Godzilla (Legendary) vs Megalon as a favorite. It's really well written, and the action is phenomenal. I thought the premise was very neat, and that the monsters were both done justice, which is always a plus.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Crocartes wrote:Also, I'd like to throw in Match 230: Godzilla (Legendary) vs Megalon as a favorite. It's really well written, and the action is phenomenal. I thought the premise was very neat, and that the monsters were both done justice, which is always a plus.
seconded. It felt like it could have been a legit Monsterverse novelization. One of my favorite recent KWCs.

RIP Evan.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
Crocartes wrote:Also, I'd like to throw in Match 230: Godzilla (Legendary) vs Megalon as a favorite. It's really well written, and the action is phenomenal. I thought the premise was very neat, and that the monsters were both done justice, which is always a plus.
seconded. It felt like it could have been a legit Monsterverse novelization. One of my favorite recent KWCs.
Yeah, Match: 230 was brilliant. I might say that it might be one of my favorites as well.
Last edited by soulgodzilla on Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

FatBaconUnicorn
JXSDF Technician

Post by FatBaconUnicorn »

1. Godzilla (Heisei) & Godzilla (Legendary) vs King Ghidorah (Heisei) & Grand King Ghidorah
2. Godzillasaurus vs King Ghidorah (Heisei)
3. Dagahra vs Ganimes, Gezora, Kameobas (Showa), Manda (Millennium), Titanosaurus & Varan
4. Ultraman vs Gabara
5. Everyone vs Everyone
6. Anguirus (Showa), Baragon (Showa) & Varan vs Bagan
7. Gorosaurus vs Varan
8. Godzilla (Legendary) vs Gyaos (Heisei)
9. Mechagodzilla (Showa) vs Rogue Titan
10. King Ghidorah vs King Kong (Showa), King Caesar (Millennium) & Red King

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

FatBaconUnicorn wrote:1. Godzilla (Heisei) & Godzilla (Legendary) vs King Ghidorah (Heisei) & Grand King Ghidorah
3. Dagahra vs Ganimes, Gezora, Kameobas (Showa), Manda (Millennium), Titanosaurus & Varan
4. Ultraman vs Gabara
5. Everyone vs Everyone
7. Gorosaurus vs Varan
Dang, Godzillasaurus Vs King Ghidorah (Heisei) is that high on you’re list? Why is that?
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

FatBaconUnicorn
JXSDF Technician

soulgodzilla wrote:
FatBaconUnicorn wrote:1. Godzilla (Heisei) & Godzilla (Legendary) vs King Ghidorah (Heisei) & Grand King Ghidorah
4. Ultraman vs Gabara
5. Everyone vs Everyone
7. Gorosaurus vs Varan
Dang, Godzillasaurus Vs King Ghidorah (Heisei) is that high on you’re list? Why is that?
Thought that it was pretty entertaining. I also like how at times Godzillasaurus tried to use strategy to beat Ghidorah. Using Ghidorah's ego to bring him closer when he took flight and when he used to forest as cover to ambush Ghidorah. I also liked the way the fight ended. Another thing I liked about the figt was that Godzillasaurus won. Seeing a kaiju who isn't really strong beat Ghidorah through his wit and sheer determination to survive.

Added in 49 seconds:
FatBaconUnicorn wrote:
soulgodzilla wrote:
4. Ultraman vs Gabara
5. Everyone vs Everyone
7. Gorosaurus vs Varan
Thought that it was pretty entertaining. I also like how at times Godzillasaurus tried to use strategy to beat Ghidorah. Using Ghidorah's ego to bring him closer when he took flight and when he used to forest as cover to ambush Ghidorah. I also liked the way the fight ended. Another thing I liked about the fight was that
Spoiler:
Godzillasaurus won. Seeing a kaiju who isn't really strong beat Ghidorah through his wit and sheer determination to survive.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

FatBaconUnicorn wrote:
soulgodzilla wrote:
4. Ultraman vs Gabara
5. Everyone vs Everyone
7. Gorosaurus vs Varan
Thought that it was pretty entertaining. I also like how at times Godzillasaurus tried to use strategy to beat Ghidorah. Using Ghidorah's ego to bring him closer when he took flight and when he used to forest as cover to ambush Ghidorah. I also liked the way the fight ended. Another thing I liked about the figt was that Godzillasaurus won. Seeing a kaiju who isn't really strong beat Ghidorah through his wit and sheer determination to survive.
I see... The only thing I liked about the match was that Ghidorah is written as a smaller, juvenile that has yet to be fully mutated and I’m just glad that he finally got a match. But I will say that the match is not my favorite because like what Greyshot said, this match kinda shows a good reason of why Godzillasaurus shouldn’t have been in the roster in the first place. Not just that everything he can do can be done by Gorosaurus or any other dinosaur-Kaiju, but the whole heavily nerf this stronger Kaiju so he can be a fair opponent to this lesser guy, at least in Spacegodzilla Vs Yog, Spacegodzilla was fighting four lesser Kaijus.

But hey, if you like it, thats fine by me.

I will say this though, I really do like Ultraman Vs Gabara. :)
Last edited by soulgodzilla on Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

FatBaconUnicorn
JXSDF Technician

soulgodzilla wrote:
FatBaconUnicorn wrote:
soulgodzilla wrote: Dang, Godzillasaurus Vs King Ghidorah (Heisei) is that high on you’re list? Why is that?
I see... The only thing I liked about the match was that Ghidorah is written as a smaller, juvenile that has yet to be fully mutated and I’m just glad that he finally got a match. But I will say that the match is not my favorite because like what Greyshot said, this match kinda shows a good reason of why Godzillasaurus shouldn’t have been in the roster in the first place. Not just that everything he can do can be done by Gorosaurus or any other dinosaur-Kaiju, but the whole heavily nerf this stronger Kaiju so he can be a fair opponent to this lesser guy, at least in Spacegodzilla Vs Yog, Spacegodzilla was fighting four lesser Kaijus.

Yeah, I defiantly see why he got retired and I was honestly surprised with Ultraman vs Gabara. I enjoyed reading the fight more than I thought I would.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

FatBaconUnicorn wrote:
soulgodzilla wrote:
FatBaconUnicorn wrote:

Yeah, I defiantly see why he got retired and I was honestly surprised with Ultraman vs Gabara. I enjoyed reading the fight more than I thought I would.
Yeah, and anyone else that Greyshot is planning to retire, I don’t think needs to go, except for King Ghidorah (Heisei), Spyler & Wargilgar.

And thats because Ultraman Vs Gabara had a really creative concept, taking place in Ichiro’s dream. I love how threatening Gabara was and it actually made me cared if Ichiro was gonna survive, in which he did.

God, if my Orga In Hell match didn’t get posted during that year’s Halloween, I can see Ultraman Vs Gabara and Godzilla (MV) Vs Megalon winning a ton of rewards.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

FatBaconUnicorn
JXSDF Technician

soulgodzilla wrote:
FatBaconUnicorn wrote:
soulgodzilla wrote: I see... The only thing I liked about the match was that Ghidorah is written as a smaller, juvenile that has yet to be fully mutated and I’m just glad that he finally got a match. But I will say that the match is not my favorite because like what Greyshot said, this match kinda shows a good reason of why Godzillasaurus shouldn’t have been in the roster in the first place. Not just that everything he can do can be done by Gorosaurus or any other dinosaur-Kaiju, but the whole heavily nerf this stronger Kaiju so he can be a fair opponent to this lesser guy, at least in Spacegodzilla Vs Yog, Spacegodzilla was fighting four lesser Kaijus.

Yeah, and anyone else that Greyshot is planning to retire, I don’t think needs to go, except for King Ghidorah (Heisei), Spyler & Wargilgar.

And thats because Ultraman Vs Gabara had a really creative concept, taking place in Ichiro’s dream. I love how threatening Gabara was and it actually made me cared if Ichiro was gonna survive, in which he did.

God, if my Orga In Hell match didn’t get posted during that year’s Halloween, I can see Ultraman Vs Gabara and Godzilla (MV) Vs Megalon winning a ton of rewards.
Wait how many kaiju are being retired? I thought Godzillasaurus,King Ghidorah (Heisei),Goliath and Daigoro were the only ones. And yeah Gabara actually being a threat was cool. Also we should probably continue this in a private message or something. I would here but I also don't want to spam the thread, you know?

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

FatBaconUnicorn wrote:
soulgodzilla wrote:
FatBaconUnicorn wrote:

Wait how many kaiju are being retired? I thought Godzillasaurus,King Ghidorah (Heisei),Goliath and Daigoro were the only ones. And yeah Gabara actually being a threat was cool. Also we should probably continue this in a private message or something. I would here but I also don't want to spam the thread, you know?
I get ya, we could just stop so it wouldn’t get spammed.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

I command this thread to arise from its dormancy! Arise! Also, God, it’s difficult to pick a top 10 best matches, there’s so damn many great matches, it’s wonderful.

10: Everyone vs Everyone
Nothing I can really say that hasn’t already been said about this one.

9: Godzilla (Heisei) vs Colossal Titan
A combination of an excellent human element and a brutal showdown that makes excellent usage of both combatants, all while seamlessly blending the lores of two worlds together, rockets this one right up there for me.

8: Ultraseven, Gigan (Millenium), Moguera (Heisei), and Megalon vs Orga
A grotesque thrill-ride from start to finish, with the best usage of Orga’s DNA absorption we‘ve had in the KWC so far.

7: Monster X vs Spyler and Wargilgar
Ah, it’s so wonderful to see Monster X and the Xilien Regulator be given proper respect and not just being treated as jokes. The latter is downright terrifying in this match, and the twist of Monster X being held back is a very unique and interesting way of going about things, and it makes the moment when Monster X is no longer restrained so much more satisfying.

6: Battra and Megalon vs Zandora vs Monster X
Always great to see matches that explore the diverse range of aliens and supernatural beings the Toho library has to offer, and this match does so excellently with the interplay of varying species and their clashes.

5: Godzilla (Legendary) vs MUTO vs Skullcrawler vs Mechani-Kong and Orga
An very tense and chilling match through and through, Shin Orga is a delight to behold and so is Godzilla and his unlikely ally.

4: Godzilla (Heisei) vs Bagan
The match that elevated Bagan out of being a Generic Doomsday Villain and into a genuinely interesting character. Not that he’s the only standout, as the human and alien characters are written well, as is Godzilla, alongside some of the most badass action in the KWC.

3: Match 200
A far, far better climax to an arc than Match 164 :lol:

2: Sanda and Gaira vs Attack Titan and Armored Titan
Excellent story and characters, feels like I’m reading a genuine novel, and not just because of the length of this match. Perhaps my favorite overall match in terms of human element. And the action certainly keeps up with the solidity of the cast and plot.

1: Cataclysm of the Monsterverse
Where do I even begin? This match is just glorious from start to finish. Every aspect is amazing in this match that, even if its length has been surpassed already, will take a very long time to be surpassed overall.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.