K.W.C. Error Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

K.W.C. Error Thread

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

This thread is for reporting any errors you might see in any given K.W.C. match, new or old. Things like "The banner spells Godzilla's name 'Godzllia'" or "Clicking on Ultraman's Winner picture takes you to Biollante's stats." Be specific about which match it is, too. Don't just say "It's in that one where Godzilla fights that other monster."

Please don't report errors in the writing format. Was something misspelled in Everyone vs. Everyone? Was incorrect grammar used in Bagan vs. Everyone? Sorry to say, we won't be fixing that sort of stuff.

Finally, do not report things like "Gezora lost the match! He could totally kick Orochi's ass!"

Once errors have been taken care of, the posts reporting them will be deleted.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

Primevalgodzilla V2
Futurian

Re: K.W.C. Error Thread

Post by Primevalgodzilla V2 »

But what if I want an error in my own match to get fix'd? Biollante vs Legion has a number of jarring errors that I want to quell.
It is a simple story. There is nothing that brings me happiness. Be it believing in others or them believe in me, it did not matter.
What others called happiness simply did not bring me joy.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

TitanoGoji16 wrote:Finally, do not report things like "Gezora lost the match! He could totally kick Orochi's ass!"
I totally lol'd at that! :lol: Though what about statistics? I've been reporting a lot of statistic based issues in the past (Megaguirus being 50 meters in height and 70,000 tons (though that is corrected now), Manda being 150 meters in height (also corrected), and so on and so forth). Now I'm trying to get through with Iris and Legion... Clearly last time I saw their stats, Legion was heavier than Iris (and I mean in the Monster Bios, not the KWC combatant statistics). Of course I really don't care how heavy a Kadowada/Tsuberaya monster is compared to a Toho monster, but I'd say let's have the creatures from their respective universes to match along with their original weights, but just enough to seem something like in the Godzilla/Toho universe. I hope I'm making sense here. :dizzy:
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

Please don't report errors in the writing format. Was something misspelled in Everyone vs. Everyone? Was incorrect grammar used in Bagan vs. Everyone? Sorry to say, we won't be fixing that sort of stuff.
I understand if you don't like it being pointed out, but why don't you guys plan on fixing it?
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

Tomzilla
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by Tomzilla »

JVM wrote:
I understand if you don't like it being pointed out, but why don't you guys plan on fixing it?
1) We don't have direct access to the site. Anthony, the owner, does. So if we really wanted to fix our typos (or anything else), we'd have to contact him. Sometimes it takes days for him to respond back (he does have a life outside TK). And I highly doubt he'd want to edit matches, especially since he could potentially receive dozens of requests a day to make some edit here and there. He has more important things to do. So do we. So one reason why we'll be ignoring any errors in the writing format is mostly because we can't do it directly.

2) It's not necessary. Nobody has pointed this out before. But it was bound to happen sooner than later. We know we're not perfect writers. We make mistakes. Always have, always will. I've read past matches written by me tons of times. I always see spelling and grammar errors. I'm sure others have, too. Maybe someday we will clean up our matches. But not now. We should focus on the future. Not what's done.

3) From a writing perspective, K.W.C. is here to help writers master their craft. Making mistakes is part of the lesson. I like to encourage all of our writers to proofread, critique themselves, and spend as much time as possible to make their matches/stories the best they can be. So it's up to the writer to make sure these mistakes don't make it into the final cut. If so? Oh well. Better luck next time. Let that match be there to inspire you to do better. Many have done exactly that!
Monster Sightings Video: GHIDORAH | King of Terror!
“Everyone, deep in their hearts, is waiting for the end of the world to come.”

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Tomzilla wrote:1) We don't have direct access to the site. Anthony, the owner, does. So if we really wanted to fix our typos (or anything else), we'd have to contact him. Sometimes it takes days for him to respond back (he does have a life outside TK). And I highly doubt he'd want to edit matches, especially since he could potentially receive dozens of requests a day to make some edit here and there. He has more important things to do. So do we. So one reason why we'll be ignoring any errors in the writing format is mostly because we can't do it directly.

2) It's not necessary. Nobody has pointed this out before. But it was bound to happen sooner than later. We know we're not perfect writers. We make mistakes. Always have, always will. I've read past matches written by me tons of times. I always see spelling and grammar errors. I'm sure others have, too. Maybe someday we will clean up our matches. But not now. We should focus on the future. Not what's done.

3) From a writing perspective, K.W.C. is here to help writers master their craft. Making mistakes is part of the lesson. I like to encourage all of our writers to proofread, critique themselves, and spend as much time as possible to make their matches/stories the best they can be. So it's up to the writer to make sure these mistakes don't make it into the final cut. If so? Oh well. Better luck next time. Let that match be there to inspire you to do better. Many have done exactly that!
And now I (though I'm sure the case would be "we") know why these matches weren't edited in the first place. Yeah, it would be rather crazy to just simply go about editing matches (especially some really gosh-darn long matches like per se Everyone VS. Everyone). And cool icon, Tom. See that it's from issue #1 of Godzilla: Kingdom of Monsters. Sweet. 8-)
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.

GodzillavsZilla
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsZilla »

not to bother but I didn't see Kumasogami, Gyaos, or Megaguruis on the Bagan Vs Everyone: Fallout banner
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:I hope you plan on mounting this thing. :lol:
On my wall. ;)
I'll call it "Bob: The One Who Was skreeonk From The Start". :lol:
skreeonk scary shit though if it is just scratches.
Zilla103192 wrote:She saw Godzilla fly... And just gave up. She called bullshit, broke up with me, and just left.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

GodzillavsZilla wrote:not to bother but I didn't see Kumasogami, Gyaos, or Megaguruis on the Bagan Vs Everyone: Fallout banner
There are a LOT of Gyaos in the blood-red sky... Background, of course. But I noticed that myself. No Kumasogami and Megaguirus? What's up with that? Oh well. Gives even distribution to both sides (good and bad [aside from Grand King Ghidorah and Bagan in the middle and the Gyaos in the background]).

Pair of kings.

GodzillavsZilla
Administrator
Administrator

KaijuX wrote:
GodzillavsZilla wrote:not to bother but I didn't see Kumasogami, Gyaos, or Megaguruis on the Bagan Vs Everyone: Fallout banner
There are a LOT of Gyaos in the blood-red sky... Background, of course. But I noticed that myself. No Kumasogami and Megaguirus? What's up with that? Oh well. Gives even distribution to both sides (good and bad [aside from Grand King Ghidorah and Bagan in the middle and the Gyaos in the background]).
sorry it took me a while to see the gyaos in the background
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
On my wall. ;)
Zilla103192 wrote:She saw Godzilla fly... And just gave up. She called bullshit, broke up with me, and just left.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Clicking on Godzilla's Winner picture in the latest match (Godzilla vs. Dogora) takes you to Ultraman's stats.

GodzillavsZilla
Administrator
Administrator

TitanoGoji16 wrote:Clicking on Godzilla's Winner picture in the latest match (Godzilla vs. Dogora) takes you to Ultraman's stats.
I noticed that, but I didn't want to say anything
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
On my wall. ;)

MothraRocks
Futurian

Post by MothraRocks »

Well in spyglir and warglir (I dont know if i spelled that right but...)

It says on the banner Spylir and Warglir Vs Gigan Vs Megalon.

I know you cant really do anything about it,, but I didnt know if it had been brought up before, and just felt it needed to be said.
"And if something good can come from bad, the past can Rest In Peace."

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

GodzillavsZilla wrote:
TitanoGoji16 wrote:Clicking on Godzilla's Winner picture in the latest match (Godzilla vs. Dogora) takes you to Ultraman's stats.
I noticed that, but I didn't want to say anything
Why not? That's what this thread is for.
MothraRocks wrote:It says on the banner Spylir and Warglir Vs Gigan Vs Megalon.
Yeah, we've already caught that one. It should be taken care of soon.

GodzillavsZilla
Administrator
Administrator

cause you said this :
"Clicking on Ultraman's Winner picture takes you to Biollante's stats."
and I thought that was the one for the not to post part
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
On my wall. ;)

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

...I said to report that kind of thing. It's minor stuff like typos that you're not supposed to report.

GodzillavsZilla
Administrator
Administrator

TitanoGoji16 wrote:...I said to report that kind of thing. It's minor stuff like typos that you're not supposed to report.
oh
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
On my wall. ;)

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

TitanoGoji16 wrote:
MothraRocks wrote:It says on the banner Spylir and Warglir Vs Gigan Vs Megalon.
Yeah, we've already caught that one. It should be taken care of soon.
*Looks at the match.*

And apparently it's taken care of now.

MothraRocks
Futurian

Post by MothraRocks »

Yay! I feel somewhat useful!!! :lol:

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Wow, I didn't even know that was even possible. >_> Well, at least it'll happen.

Pair of kings.

MothraRocks
Futurian

Post by MothraRocks »

KaijuX wrote:Wow, I didn't even know that was even possible. >_> Well, at least it'll happen.
What? Me feeling useful? Meh, I didn't think it was possible either.