K.W.C. Error Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
Gigantis
Sazer

Re: K.W.C. Error Thread

Post by Gigantis »

soulgodzilla wrote:
KaijuX wrote:
soulgodzilla wrote:Come to think of it, wasn’t Baragon Millennium’s origins like Showa’s in Unleashed and Save The Earth?
And ROE, at least under Matt's pen. However, it's best to keep them separate. Besides the difference in origin, GMK Baragon has the soul thing going on (seen at the end of the film); something Showa does not inherently have. Had it not been for that (something I completely forgot to take into consideration in the past), I think there could've been a shot.
Alright, and what about Anguirus and Kumonga Millenniums?
Kumonga's webbing difference stops that from happeneing. Angurius... well including comics Showa can do almost everything Millennium can do, plus.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

tyrantgoji wrote:
soulgodzilla wrote:
KaijuX wrote: And ROE, at least under Matt's pen. However, it's best to keep them separate. Besides the difference in origin, GMK Baragon has the soul thing going on (seen at the end of the film); something Showa does not inherently have. Had it not been for that (something I completely forgot to take into consideration in the past), I think there could've been a shot.
Alright, and what about Anguirus and Kumonga Millenniums?
Kumonga's webbing difference stops that from happeneing. Angurius... well including comics Showa can do almost everything Millennium can do, plus.
Unless we add that as an ability, much like the extraordinary jump, which I dont recall Showa ever doing.

Whats wrong with having that as an alt skin?
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Showa has the extraordinary jumping ability. Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla, anyone? ;) We found the inclusion of Millennium Anguirus to be unnecessary, as Showa Anguirus has plenty of images to work with. Like said for the millionth time, we only did it for King Caesar, Manda, and Ebirah because their images were hard to come by.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

KaijuX wrote:Showa has the extraordinary jumping ability. Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla, anyone? ;) We found the inclusion of Millennium Anguirus to be unnecessary, as Showa Anguirus has plenty of images to work with. Like said for the millionth time, we only did it for King Caesar, Manda, and Ebirah because their images were hard to come by.
Remind me when he did it, because all I remember was that scene where he raise his body to be taller then Godzilla.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

It was the point where he leapt at Fake Godzilla and scraped a piece of skin off. He's definitely done it, and it's already listed on his OG abilities on TK.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

KaijuX wrote:It was the point where he leapt at Fake Godzilla and scraped a piece of skin off. He's definitely done it, and it's already listed on his OG abilities on TK.
Ah, alright.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

So i just noticed this recently but in match 38,the part when Gamera comes down to face Kong and Godzilla it says "he almost died the last time" hinting that he fought Godzilla before. Wouldn't that connect in match 14? If it is,why isn't their a "continued from match 14" sign on it?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Maybe they weren't doing the "continued from" aspect back then?
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

tyrantgoji wrote:So i just noticed this recently but in match 38,the part when Gamera comes down to face Kong and Godzilla it says "he almost died the last time" hinting that he fought Godzilla before. Wouldn't that connect in match 14? If it is,why isn't their a "continued from match 14" sign on it?
Birdman wrote:Maybe they weren't doing the "continued from" aspect back then?
Yeah, not all matches (especially from the olden days) used to link back to the previous match. But for all intents and purposes, Match 38 is a sequel to Match 14.

Pair of kings.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

KaijuX wrote:
tyrantgoji wrote:So i just noticed this recently but in match 38,the part when Gamera comes down to face Kong and Godzilla it says "he almost died the last time" hinting that he fought Godzilla before. Wouldn't that connect in match 14? If it is,why isn't their a "continued from match 14" sign on it?
Birdman wrote:Maybe they weren't doing the "continued from" aspect back then?
Yeah, not all matches (especially from the olden days) used to link back to the previous match. But for all intents and purposes, Match 38 is a sequel to Match 14.
You're right. The only other ones where I know that this was done was Match 4: Gorosaurus vs. Kumonga (Showa) and Match 45: Anguirus (Showa) vs. Baragon (Showa).

The lack of a "To be continued..." part in this case may have been, of course, due to the fact that they had two different authors (James Webster for Match 4 and Nick Anstett for Match 45). Other that them, and the two that were mentioned here, I don't know of any others from the early years of K.W.C. that were done like that.
Last edited by mikelcho on Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:36 am, edited 7 times in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Now this isn't really an error, (couldn't find a good thread to put this in) but i find it weird that even kaiju that don't have much to do with the MonsterVerse, have Legendary G as their little goji side pictures. Kinda a nitpick, but i feel somewhere down the line there could be little Shin themed pic on Reiwa, the Titans and whatever else comes forward while the MV Goji pic stays on the Legendary combatants. Again, just a small nitpick.

Added in 3 minutes 11 seconds:
Adding on to this, third party guys like the Gamera and Ultraman characters should have pics from the era they came from (Heisei for Gamera, Showa for Ultraman)

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

The Legendary Godzilla icon is used to represent Distributed monsters as a whole.

Pair of kings.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

KaijuX wrote:The Legendary Godzilla icon is used to represent Distributed monsters as a whole.
Oh okay, i get that. I would say Shin should still get his own little pic because he was created by Toho but there's no point since he's the only one so far. :P

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

^ There are some we still need to adjust for, just haven't gotten around to it. Shin would be Reiwa era monsters, Marvel Godzilla for the comic book monsters (instead of the NES Godzilla), Godzilla '94 for the Gryphon... Been meaning to get to them, and those changes will come in time. Just not an immediate high priority at the moment.

Pair of kings.

GmkGoji
Gotengo Officer

Post by GmkGoji »

The only question now is WHAT the priority is now.
Resized Image
Heiki, hecchara!

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

GmkGoji wrote:The only question now is WHAT the priority is now.
If we told y'all that, it wouldn't be a surprise. :P I'll just keep it at that. ;)

Pair of kings.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Would like to point out that Diagoro and Goliath are still unretired at the moment.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

According to the latest KWCC (and I believe at least one post from KaijuX), Shippersdreamer helped work on match 280, she still has not been credited.
Last edited by GodzillavsRayquaza on Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I'm clicking match 283, but it's taking me to match 282..

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

tyrantgoji wrote:I'm clicking match 283, but it's taking me to match 282..
Will see what we can do about that.
GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:According to the latest KWCC (and I believe at least one post from KaijuX), Shippersdreamer helped work on match 280, she still has not been credited.
She's already been added. ;)

Pair of kings.