Things That NEED To Happen In The KWC

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
Gigantis
Sazer

Re: Things That NEED To Happen In The KWC

Post by Gigantis »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:With Legendary Ghidorah present to act as our “default” Ghidorah, Grand King Ghidorah’s more supernatural elements need to be played up more, to better make the two distinguished. His propensity to steal children away to drain their life, his power to teleport smaller beings away, his ability to literally dominate one’s mind and force them into servitude instead of MV KG’s more fear based method. Don’t just make him Showa Ghidorah but with more powers, make him his own thing so we have reasons to use him and not just MV KG.
I totally agree. I think most of his hax powers haven't been used a lot to begin with. With having another Ghidorah on the block, i certainly plan to use it to it's fullest!

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Perhaps. Though, I would think such a distinction would effectively work if the two featured in a match together. Otherwise, I personally feel that separately they can both still be presented the same way in their respective matches: as two incarnations of the same King of Terror we all know and love, and can both be presented as the "ultimate threat" in whatever matches that has one or the other them as the main villain.
Very fair point, it’s like using Heisei Godzilla as a hero even though we have Legendary Godzilla. They’re mostly similar, but there’s some key differences that lets each one bring something unique to the table.

And that point of having both in one match to compare and contrast is getting the ol’ creative juices flowing...

Added in 50 seconds:
Gigantis wrote:
I totally agree. I think most of his hax powers haven't been used a lot to begin with. With having another Ghidorah on the block, i certainly plan to use it to it's fullest!
Indeed, as do I, lot’s one can do with the crazy shit GKG has to offer.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

ShinGojira14 wrote:(also, why is he even referred to as 'Grand King Ghidorah?').
In ROM3, he was only ever referred to as King Ghidorah, as there was no other King Ghidorah in the ROM trilogy. At most, he has been differentiated as King Ghidorah 1998. When the film went stateside, however, the fact there were other Ghidorahs was a problem for identifying characters. When it was discovered that that production called him Grand Ghidorah to differentiate him from the Cretaceous suit, fan circles started calling him Grand King Ghidorah to simplfy matters. Eventually, more and more fan publishings used that name alone and it caught on to the point it is basically the only way the character is described in the West.

Besides that bit of two cents, I agree fully with this conversation. Let GKG be the spooky fantastic foe to KGMV's realist brutalist.
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RIP Evan.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

^ Do believe the Japanese side also refers to him as Grand King Ghidorah (or more specifically, "Grand Ghidorah"), but it's not as common as "Modern-type King Ghidorah" or just simply "King Ghidorah."
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

I remember back when he was called Super Dragon King Ghidorah, because of the... Bandai figure, I believe it was? I always loved that name. Sounded totally badass in a way that "Grand Ghidorah" just doesn't evoke.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Where do Showa and Heisei Ghidorah fit into all this?
For Emperor and Empire!

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

VoyagerGoji wrote:Where do Showa and Heisei Ghidorah fit into all this?
Into... Grand Ghidorah's name...?

They... don't...?

:?
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

TitanoGoji16 wrote:
VoyagerGoji wrote:Where do Showa and Heisei Ghidorah fit into all this?
Into... Grand Ghidorah's name...?

They... don't...?

:?
-redacted for wrong subforum-
Last edited by Voyager on Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For Emperor and Empire!

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

I don’t remember if I brought this up before on the forum, but making a horror themed match, focusing more on tense situations, tragedy, and horror in general.

One example could be using the Skullcrawlers. Their vocalization mimicry doesn’t allow for words sure, but imagine walking around at night, when you suddenly hear the sobbing of some child/person. Someone goes to check, and they are suddenly gone without a trace. Maybe someone is searching for their friend when they hear their screams, only the screams aren’t coming from a human, but a Skullcrawler waiting in ambush. It could be screams, sobbing, animal noises, anything that isn’t spoken word. Could hear a dog barking or a cat crying out, maybe even deep breaths or groaning.

Another monster we could use for horror could be Destoroyah. Take advantage of the Juveniles, using them as an invasion force or some sort of sneaky killer like the Xenomorph hunting down a group of survivors in a military base or something.

And if people ask how this can work for the KWC, we have human sized monsters/combatants and smaller. The Titan shifters, Jet Jaguar, Gyaos, Destoroyah, Fairy Mothra/Leo, Zilla offspring, Meganulon/Meganula, Symbiotic Legion, Giant Mantis, etc. You could easily have them fighting at some point in the match, or even have it lead up to the inevitable confrontation at the end for survival.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Not certain if I already mentioned it before but a match where Skullcrawlers are invading and attacking cities worldwide.

Works for a Skullcrawler vs. Everyone match.

Also Gyaos (Heisei) vs. Kamacuras vs. Skullcrawler as well notably a post-apocalyptic match where both species are fighting for dominance, food, and territory hunting down any remants of life left they've all devoured.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Mutants from GFW fighting a swarm of Meganulon/Soldier Legions.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

Get rid of FB comments.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Kiryu ends up giving Kong electricity energy in order to help him win the fight.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

A sequel to #300 where as all hope is seemingly lost for Legendary Godzilla and Gamera being overwhelmed by the horde of Gyaos'. A beam of light rains down in the middle of it revealing Utsuno Ikusagami.

Kind of like when Thor, Rocket and Groot arrives on earth.

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

A Western Style Stand Off or a shootout.

Just saying. It’d be pretty fun to see someone writing two or more monsters in a stand off, to see who fires fastest and who dies.
_______

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

I can't remember if I mentioned this already but we need a sequel to Zilla vs. Black Moth where Zilla Jr. is revived brought back as Cyber Godzilla.

I like the idea of Cyber Godzilla being good.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Y'know what we need?

A vs. Everyone match where all five Ghidorah's (Grand, Legendary, Des, Monster x and MKG) put aside their differences, and team up to destroy the Earth. MKG either regains his intelligence somehow or he's been taken control over by some aliens who are working with the other four.

Hey Soggy suggested a match where all four Godzilla's team up why not this?

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

Gigantis wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:25 pm Y'know what we need?

A vs. Everyone match where all five Ghidorah's (Grand, Legendary, Des, Monster x and MKG) put aside their differences, and team up to destroy the Earth. MKG either regains his intelligence somehow or he's been taken control over by some aliens who are working with the other four.

Hey Soggy suggested a match where all four Godzilla's team up why not this?
Well if we can take multiple Mechagodzilla’s from a comic, we can use a Ghidorah controlled MKG using the same issue I guess.
_______

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

A K.W.C. series set in a merged universe of the Heisei Godzilla movies, Heisei Gamera Trilogy, Rebirth of Mothra Trilogy, and GODZILLA (1998)/Godzilla: The Series.

Some notable ideas being Grand King Ghidorah being the "Meteor" that Mothra went to stop but failed and the dorats being implied to be genetically engineered pets were made from Grand King Ghidorah's DNA or at least taken from another of his species.

Also, there having been a history between Atlantis (Gamera) and Nilai Kanai.

God(Zilla) being mistaken for Godzilla Junior (Adult). H.E.A.T. and Godzilla Junior (Zilla) being involved in the events post-1998.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:39 pm A K.W.C. series set in a merged universe of the Heisei Godzilla movies, Heisei Gamera Trilogy, Rebirth of Mothra Trilogy, and GODZILLA (1998)/Godzilla: The Series.

Some notable ideas being Grand King Ghidorah being the "Meteor" that Mothra went to stop but failed and the dorats being implied to be genetically engineered pets were made from Grand King Ghidorah's DNA or at least taken from another of his species.

Also, there having been a history between Atlantis (Gamera) and Nilai Kanai.

God(Zilla) being mistaken for the original Godzilla. H.E.A.T. being involved in the events post-1998.
And done! Here is the first part of that series: https://www.tohokingdom.com/kwc/match_135.html :lol:
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon