Things That NEED To Happen In The KWC

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
Nagoda
Futurian

Re: Things That NEED To Happen In The KWC

Post by Nagoda »

godjacob wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:40 am
Nagoda wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:29 am
Dunkeeni wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:33 am
Utsuno is so shreeeokning confusing.
How is he only 12 meters but weighs 10,000 tons. King Kong from 1933 is taller than him, but he can somehow destroy the planet.
The power of Justice and being a god.
Okay how? Cause watching Utsuno vs. Orochi from that film and the Kaiju in it seem...remarkably unimpressive lol
Eh, Stat books state if he loses his sense of Justice he can accidentally blow up the world with his head beam thing.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Nagoda wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:33 am
godjacob wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:40 am
Nagoda wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:29 am

The power of Justice and being a god.
Okay how? Cause watching Utsuno vs. Orochi from that film and the Kaiju in it seem...remarkably unimpressive lol
Eh, Stat books state if he loses his sense of Justice he can accidentally blow up the world with his head beam thing.
Frankly I am...less than impressed. I least got the sense Godzilla in Godzilla vs. Destoroyah could blow up the earth if he got critical given they rely on more than an off hand mention in a stat book.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

godjacob wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:40 am Okay how? Cause watching Utsuno vs. Orochi from that film and the Kaiju in it seem...remarkably unimpressive lol
Yamato Takeru: Super Complete Works states that, at full charge, Utsuno's Devil-Crushing Amateratsu Ray is capable of destroying planets. It's something from an official Toho publication that makes this clear; it's pretty much where all the overhauled TK information came from. I can understand where you're coming from, though, the film really doesn't quite frame the spectacle in that light. I can give Utsuno the benefit of the doubt; the ray still packs a fair bit of destructive punch. At the very least, I can see him solo-ing most of the Showa era monsters pretty handily (at least on an individual level).
Dunkeeni wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:37 am Exactly. You wanna know Orochi's canon height? 66 meters. 66! He's barely half as tall as Legendary Godzilla. Hell, Kumasogami is canonically only 4 meters.
Correction: Length, not height. :P
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

KaijuX wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:01 pm
godjacob wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:40 am Okay how? Cause watching Utsuno vs. Orochi from that film and the Kaiju in it seem...remarkably unimpressive lol
Yamato Takeru: Super Complete Works states that, at full charge, Utsuno's Devil-Crushing Amateratsu Ray is capable of destroying planets. It's something from an official Toho publication that makes this clear; it's pretty much where all the overhauled TK information came from. I can understand where you're coming from, though, the film really doesn't quite frame the spectacle in that light. I can give Utsuno the benefit of the doubt; the ray still packs a fair bit of destructive punch. At the very least, I can see him solo-ing most of the Showa era monsters pretty handily (at least on an individual level).
Dunkeeni wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:37 am Exactly. You wanna know Orochi's canon height? 66 meters. 66! He's barely half as tall as Legendary Godzilla. Hell, Kumasogami is canonically only 4 meters.
Oh yeah, 😅. Still, he can’t be that tall considering in most shots it looks like Utsuno comes up his neck bases.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

This isn't me saying Utsuno is weak. Even if I don't see much personal impressive stuff on screen he still curb stomped a Kaiju considered a dark god which counts for something. But rather just assuming he is a planet buster cause of an off hand comment even from an "official" source seems incredibly suspect. Word of god shouldn't always be taken above all else IMO.

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

Also is this complete works the same one that states Godzilla can tank these planet-busting beams?

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Dunkeeni wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:59 pm Also is this complete works the same one that states Godzilla can tank these planet-busting beams?
No...? If you got that source from the Death Battle Wiki (which I have heard many cringe things of), that is misinformation on DB Wiki's part. Yes, they cite a Japanese source, but they got it wrong. The segment you might be thinking of is a magazine/publication for fan submissions of battle pairings. For that submission in particular, it's Godzilla vs. Utsuno Ikusagami. And in it, Ikusagami wipes the floor against Godzilla. What the translator either omitted or manipulated was Godzilla's performance in isolation; while he does fight back, Ikusagami generally blocks/parries anything Godzilla threw his way. Then I think Big G is finished off by the Amateratsu Ray.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

KaijuX wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:47 pm
Dunkeeni wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:59 pm Also is this complete works the same one that states Godzilla can tank these planet-busting beams?
No...? If you got that source from the Death Battle Wiki (which I have heard many cringe things of), that is misinformation on DB Wiki's part. Yes, they cite a Japanese source, but they got it wrong. The segment you might be thinking of is a magazine/publication for fan submissions of battle pairings. For that submission in particular, it's Godzilla vs. Utsuno Ikusagami. And in it, Ikusagami wipes the floor against Godzilla. What the translator either omitted or manipulated was Godzilla's performance in isolation; while he does fight back, Ikusagami generally blocks/parries anything Godzilla threw his way. Then I think Big G is finished off by the Amateratsu Ray.
Which given feats in universe I find to be bullshit as Heisei Godzilla comes away far impressive than this god does. But hey, Utsuno is a planet buster, an off hand comment said so so that is the law /s

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

godjacob wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:19 pm
Which given feats in universe I find to be bullshit as Heisei Godzilla comes away far impressive than this god does. But hey, Utsuno is a planet buster, an off hand comment said so so that is the law /s
I mean, Yamato Takeru was just breathing fine on the moon alongside his girlfriend as a human to fight the literal Moon God, and I’m pretty sure Heisei Godzilla can’t breathe on planets or planetoids without an atmosphere that breathable like earth or Planet X. Spacegodzilla clearly can but he was born in a black hole. Hell even Orochi does more damage to the earth by existing then Godzilla does when he’s not in meltdown, and this is from the movie and not a book. Orochi’s presence in space and on the moon was causing earthquakes and natural disasters around the world, somehow. Also Utsuno has a Literal God Sword he got from Susanoo. If the Shock Anchors could stab into Godzilla, that sword would stab right into him, even at 12 meter scaling. Given Godzilla’s healing factor, he’ll be chopping for a while but he’ll get there eventually. Plus Godzilla had a series of films while Yamato Takeru got one, of course Heisei Godzilla has more impressive feats.
_______

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Nagoda wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:08 pm
I mean, Yamato Takeru was just breathing fine on the moon alongside his girlfriend as a human to fight the literal Moon God, and I’m pretty sure Heisei Godzilla can’t breathe on planets or planetoids without an atmosphere that breathable like earth or Planet X. Spacegodzilla clearly can but he was born in a black hole. Hell even Orochi does more damage to the earth by existing then Godzilla does when he’s not in meltdown, and this is from the movie and not a book. Orochi’s presence in space and on the moon was causing earthquakes and natural disasters around the world, somehow. Also Utsuno has a Literal God Sword he got from Susanoo. If the Shock Anchors could stab into Godzilla, that sword would stab right into him, even at 12 meter scaling. Given Godzilla’s healing factor, he’ll be chopping for a while but he’ll get there eventually. Plus Godzilla had a series of films while Yamato Takeru got one, of course Heisei Godzilla has more impressive feats.
Breathing in space is an ability, not a feat. If Yamato's magical girlfriend is just fine breathing on the moon it doesn't say much that makes it impressive. Heisei Godzilla has never been to space so at most we can say we just don't have info to confirm or deny outright. Godzilla was able to trigger a volcanic eruption and earthquake on his way to fight Battra and Mothra in Mothra vs. Godzilla. Kaiju being walking natural disasters is not something exclusive to Orochi. Also saying a sword could cut through Godzilla even at 12 meters just cause it is a "god" sword is putting too much stock in the title of god rather than what the character actually does. Not all gods are created equal.

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

godjacob wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:37 pm
Nagoda wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:08 pm

Breathing in space is an ability, not a feat. If Yamato's magical girlfriend is just fine breathing on the moon it doesn't say much that makes it impressive. Heisei Godzilla has never been to space so at most we can say we just don't have info to confirm or deny outright. Godzilla was able to trigger a volcanic eruption and earthquake on his way to fight Battra and Mothra in Mothra vs. Godzilla. Kaiju being walking natural disasters is not something exclusive to Orochi. Also saying a sword could cut through Godzilla even at 12 meters just cause it is a "god" sword is putting too much stock in the title of god rather than what the character actually does. Not all gods are created equal.
It is literally the sword of the god in charge of the underworld. Not all gods are created equal yes, but this sword is also the same sword Susanoo used to beat Orochi the first time. If it can cut through several heads of Orochi, it can cut into Godzilla’s skin. You could say Orochi’s durability is kinda shitty due to the smaller sword being able to stab into it’s head, but even then it scaled up should at least carve into the skin like the shock anchors could. Not saying he can just straight up cut off an entire arm, but more of he can do a bunch of cuts across his skin, which would then heal over immediately. Besides, if Biollante’s vines, the Shock Anchors, and the Spiral Grenades could piece Godzilla’s hide, I’m pretty sure a big sword with enough force could cut him. Two of those things are man made objects designed to stab into Godzilla, and the third is a big plant monster with Godzilla DNA. A sword made by a god would cut just fine here. I could throw in the Horn Katana as well as another thing that cuts Godzilla, but that’s more energy than physical objects.

Also I’m pretty sure Godzilla triggering an eruption was due to him literally swimming up the volcano. Godzilla has to actually do things on earth for earthquakes and eruptions to happen. Orochi just causes disasters by existing, kinda like Monsterverse Ghidorah with his worldwide hurricanes and Desghidorah with his planet eating powers. Kaiju are walking disasters. Orochi, and some Ghidorahs, are sitting catastrophes. Difference is, Godzilla and most kaiju can’t cause worldwide destruction on earth while being on the moon or sitting around. The few that can tend to be those whose purpose is destruction, like MV Ghidorah and Desghidorah. Godzilla can cause volcanic eruptions and major earthquakes, but he’s not doing so every moment he exists in the world when he’s walking around or swimming in the ocean. Orochi being in space or on the moon causes tsunamis, earthquakes, poison fogs, and hurricanes on earth while not even being on the earth.

Anyways, for something that needs to happen in a KWC, have the Super X or it’s Upgrades fighting the other Godzilla and Godzilla clones on the roster. They have the capability to beat Heisei Godzilla, at least in the case of the first and third, so let them face off against other variations.
_______

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

I'm glad that source isn't accurate because the Death Battle wiki has some weird power scaling. Like how the shreeeonk is Showa Godzilla "Large Star Level" by Zone Fighter?

Added in 7 minutes 32 seconds:
Dunkeeni wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:31 am
I'm glad that source isn't accurate because the Death Battle wiki has some weird power scaling. Like how the shreeeonk is Showa Godzilla "Large Star Level" by Zone Fighter?
Ok I just went back to that wiki and SHREEEEEONKING EBIRAH IS SMALL STAR+ LEVEL! HOW?

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Death Battle is a skreeonking joke. Them and their love for No Limits Fallacies.

I gave up on it after their BS verdict on Bowser vs. Ganondorf because "Only holy weapons can kill Ganondorf" which by that logic you could pit Godzilla, Superman, Thanos, Goku, Doomsday, Darkseid, Galactus and Hulk all at once against Ganondorf and he'd win because they lack holy weapons.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:30 am Death Battle is a skreeonking joke. Them and their love for No Limits Fallacies.

I gave up on it after their BS verdict on Bowser vs. Ganondorf because "Only holy weapons can kill Ganondorf" which by that logic you could pit Godzilla, Superman, Thanos, Goku, Doomsday, Darkseid, Galactus and Hulk all at once against Ganondorf and he'd win because they lack holy weapons.
TBF, that was back in Season 2 and the team literally admitted not long ago that was innacurate lol. They don't use no limits fallacies anymore.

EDIT: But anyway, this is getting kinda off topic. So for things that NEED to happen in the K.W.C, we need to see Ultraseven fight Bakan in his Totem poll and then slice all three pieces of him in half with his Eye Slugger lol
Last edited by Gigantis on Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

kaijufanforever
G-Force Personnel

Post by kaijufanforever »

Showa Kong being a Drunken Master

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

kaijufanforever wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:16 pm Showa Kong being a Drunken Master
YESSSS!

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Showa Godzilla being a boxer.
For Emperor and Empire!

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

kaijufanforever wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:16 pm Showa Kong being a Drunken Master
Voyager wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:57 pm Showa Godzilla being a boxer.
Bonus if someone can work both of these in the same match XD

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

godjacob wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:59 pm
Bonus if someone can work both of these in the same match XD
Fan canonical to the Showa Era! It takes place in the 24 year gap between ToMG and DAM, and effectively is a canonical rematch between the two.
For Emperor and Empire!

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

I mean…he already is.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image