K.W.C. Match Trivia

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Re: K.W.C. Match Trivia

Post by KaijuX »

So one more little tidbit--who here caught the Manga Millennian reference in Match 211? ;)
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

{---HYPERZeTToN---}
G-Force Personnel

Post by {---HYPERZeTToN---} »

KaijuX wrote:So one more little tidbit--who here caught the Manga Millennian reference in Match 211? ;)
Bish what?

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

{---HYPERZeTToN---} wrote:
KaijuX wrote:So one more little tidbit--who here caught the Manga Millennian reference in Match 211? ;)
Bish what?
Mmhmm. Very small reference--one which also serves as subtle foreshadowing of things coming full circle for them.
Match 211 wrote:While Earth hosted many animals more than capable of tissue regeneration, very few of them could have the power to repair its broken DNA, having lost their individual forms in eons past.
It's a reference to the many humanoid bodies of the Millennian as opposed to the singular body we got in the film (even if both, in context, are still merged as one whole entity, I always thought that the Manga version once had many forms before becoming one).
http://www.tohokingdom.com/comics/manga ... ge6_03.htm
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.

{---HYPERZeTToN---}
G-Force Personnel

Post by {---HYPERZeTToN---} »

KaijuX wrote:
{---HYPERZeTToN---} wrote:
Bish what?
Mmhmm. Very small reference--one which also serves as subtle foreshadowing of things coming full circle for them.
Match 211 wrote:While Earth hosted many animals more than capable of tissue regeneration, very few of them could have the power to repair its broken DNA, having lost their individual forms in eons past.
It's a reference to the many humanoid bodies of the Millennian as opposed to the singular body we got in the film (even if both, in context, are still merged as one whole entity, I always thought that the Manga version once had many forms before becoming one).
http://www.tohokingdom.com/comics/manga ... ge6_03.htm
I'm getting an Evangelion-Shin Godzilla vibe from that picture, as if it was like Anno was behind this...

GodzillavsZilla
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsZilla »

I just remembered this random bit of trivia about match 209.

Remember when Kumonga crawled out of a hole in his web and then back in at the end? That was inspired by the documentary, Walking with Monsters. In one part, a giant spider was in a web covered hole (though it wasn't completely covered and there was no little hole in the web) and came out when there was prey nearby. While writing the match, I thought of that scene and decided to include something like it.
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:I hope you plan on mounting this thing. :lol:
On my wall. ;)
I'll call it "Bob: The One Who Was skreeonk From The Start". :lol:
skreeonk scary shit though if it is just scratches.
Zilla103192 wrote:She saw Godzilla fly... And just gave up. She called bullshit, broke up with me, and just left.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

All right! So as I promised, here's the Trivia for Match 219. :)

Originally, it was meant to be a bit of a different match--can you tell what didn't make the cut?

For those that haven't noticed, I'll put it in the spoiler tags.
Spoiler:
-Krystalak (and by extension, his cocoon)
-The Vortaak Mothership (actually cropped it out from the in-game cutscenes, and was hoping to run with the excuse of it being partially invisible)
-The highlights behind the names. That was meant to be an indicator of who was on what faction. So Biollante would've been an Earth Defender while SpaceG and Krystalak were Mutants.
Match 219 was originally meant to be a part 1 of a multi-spanning series of KWC matches that, as you might have guessed, was meant to be an adaptation of Godzilla Unleashed (that, and I had originally slated it for a December 6th, 2017 release to commemorate it's 10th anniversary). But due to the ambitious nature of such a project, alongside the fact that there are some open ends I want to tie up (notably the Dogora saga and others that are yet to come), I decided to make it more of an independent match that emphasized more on SpaceGodzilla (though in hindsight, I do wish I gave Biollante just as much characterization, especially since this is her first match in years!). I'll probably do a Krystalak match some time in the future, haha. :)

If anyone wants to know, I'm more than willing to post all the notes and details I had in the... Uh, Unused matches or scrapped matches? Whatever that thread was.

Added in 47 minutes 12 seconds:
To add onto this that I forgot to mention:

The dream sequence was actually influenced by one of the last lines from the movie. Paraphrasing here, "SpaceGodzilla shared the same feelings [as Godzilla]." To me, this very much indicates that SpaceGodzilla shares the same emotional wavelengths as Heisei Godzilla (makes too much sense, he's a clone), but refuses to show it. So I played around with it, and voila!

On another note, setting it on Phobos (and Deimos to a lesser extent) was influenced by a friend of mine who's a huge space nut. Figured it'd be cool to have it set on another moon (even if I doubt the science is entirely accurate :lol:). Originally, for that matter, the match was only meant to be set on the two moons. But I added Mars into the equation to give Biollante an edge, and as a small shout out to Match 87, which was also set on Mars.

Added in 10 minutes 37 seconds:
I also may have forgotten to mention there were versions of Biollante vs. SpaceGodzilla that were still part of the whole "KWC: GU" adaptation even after removing Krystalak from the match.
Last edited by KaijuX on Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pair of kings.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Well great, now another set of fun facts... Well, this one isn't as elaborate, haha.

I started on this match in early 2016; didn't get done until relatively recently (January, I think) with the help of Harley. It was mostly loss of inspiration that delayed this match as far as it did.

Monster X actually wasn't in the initial version I had in mind; I only included him because I wanted a reason for Manda to activate his "blaze mode" in the fight (as I wanted the whole "Blaze Manda vs. Blaze Manda-Trilopod" visual).

Of course, this last bit is just giving credit, but I did commission dopepope for the 3D renders, which I wanted to keep relatively secretive (at least in that I didn't want the information of "Trilopods in the KWC!" to leak)... We all know how that turned out. :lol:

Pair of kings.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

And I pretty much blame myself for ruining the surprise.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

Some trivia for Match 221:

-The original ending had Godzillasaurus snapping Zilla's neck in a JpIII-esque fashion; however, I thought this was rather cliche, and didn't want to copy Match 22, so i went with the more creative approach.

- The first draft of this match featured a female Zilla offspring. I wasn't certain if the rules permitted this, so I changed it.

- A Zilla offspring is featured instead of Zilla to minimize the size gap.

- This match is actually my most recent, having been submitted in November of 2017. (Imagine my surprise when it was the first match of mine posted :lol:)

- I'm sure most people noticed this, there is a reference to the 1998 Godzilla movie with Audrey Timmonds - the reporter from the film, and Nick's fiance.

- The concept came from a request by Lain of the Wired, who mentioned he wanted a match with two monsters fighting on the golden gate bridge (Specifically dinosaurs, if i remember correctly).

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

A little trivia from Match 243, what I’ve wanted to do was write a match where Orga faces seven monsters that would represent the Seven Deadly Sin, while adding in Kumasogami because he’s a lava golem demon god and Desghidorah as a tribute to Cerberus. I was also originally gonna use the demon trio in the second issue of Godzilla In Hell, Rodan, Anguirus and Varan. But due to the pacing and not wanting the story to drag even longer, I decided to scrap them. Plus their roles would have been allot shorter.

As for the Kaijus that I chose that would represent the Seven Deadly Sins, few of them were easy choices while I think deeply of some that Inshould use. For example, anyone can represent Gluttony, Skullcrawlers, Baragon and I guess you can say Hedorah and maybe Dagahra could represent it since they eat junk and pollution. But I went with Gyaos instead because we haven’t seen her in a bit and I thought she could earn a win without having a swarm of her own kind.

Now some people might question on why I decided to use King Ghidorah (Heisei) instead of Grand King Ghidorah, since he is not the King Of Terror. I decided to go with him because technically, like Gyaos, I thought he deserves another win then another loss. Plus he hasn’t had many matches uploaded since his debut.

But out of the monsters that I chose that can represent a sin, Sloth was kinda the hardest to think of since not allot of Kaijus on the roster could be consider lazy. (Unless you count Gororin since he usually sits there) But then I remember that scene from Daigoro Vs Goliath where Goliath is sleeping, and I decided to go with him, plus he is underused.
Last edited by soulgodzilla on Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

Didn’t Frankenstein vs. Maguma have two endings? With one being where Franky won?
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:Didn’t Frankenstein vs. Maguma have two endings? With one being where Franky won?
I can't say that was always the case. Either that, or we may be looking at the KWC equivalent to King Kong vs. Godzilla. :lol:

Pair of kings.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

well here's some trivia for Mechagodzilla[Heisei ] VS.Everyone.
.i wanted to include Biollante in the match, but i couldn't any room for her.
.Rogue Titan was going to appear but got replaced with Colossal .
.Desghidorah was going to appear but got replaced with King Ghidorah[Heisei].
.Orochi,Iris,and Legion were going to appear, but just like Biollante, i couldn't fined any space for them.
.the original plot was going to be an alien invasion story featuring the Garogas, but i remembered Nagoda's Gamera vs. Everyone story had almost the exact same plot with the Xiliens. so i came up with a different story.
.Shanghai was going to be the original battleground, but was replaced with New York City.
Last edited by Gigantis on Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

This thread is mostly for the KWCs that are posted on the site. Just something for the future. ;)

Pair of kings.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

KaijuX wrote:This thread is mostly for the KWCs that are posted on the site. Just something for the future. ;)
oh, shoot. :freak: sorry.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

CommanderBowser
Monsterland Worker

Post by CommanderBowser »

I have quite a but of matches that where going to be written (on loose-leaf) or typed out, but due to new changes, would be sent to the K.W.C.E instead.

One match being Godzilla vs Vagnosaurus and Jyarumu, which was written on loose-leaf, but thanks to the news that Balkzardan being the only Godzilla: Trading Battle Original Kaiju in the K.W.C, this match is basically cut.

I've planned on writing Ultraman and Zone Fighter vs Destoroyah vs Irys, (on Loose-leaf), but I decided to cut Ultraman and Zone Fighter from the story and put Destoroyah and Irys to fight MechaGodzilla and King Ghidorah (amoung others)

Those matches where to be part of a Story Arc, but those 2 matches will not see the light of day for the K.W.C

Added in 2 days 18 hours 23 minutes 16 seconds:
FWI, there is a few other matches that have changed a bit from the original draft

Bagan vs Barugaron, Shiigan, Vagnosaurus, Jyarumu, Balkzardan and Razin was one of the matches that I wrote (on loose-leaf) that wont be in the K.W.C for the same reasons above. However, a battle between Bagan and Balkzardan is possible.

All my matches with Heisei King Ghidorah (except for Gigan and Gyaos vs King Ghidorah), due to having Heisei King Ghidorah being retired again, will be replaced by Monsterverse King Ghidorah instead.
Just your average fan of Godzilla, who also loves cartoons and Super Smash Bros

FWI, Bowser is my Smash Main, hence my user name.

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

CommanderBowser wrote:I have quite a but of matches that where going to be written (on loose-leaf) or typed out, but due to new changes, would be sent to the K.W.C.E instead.

One match being Godzilla vs Vagnosaurus and Jyarumu, which was written on loose-leaf, but thanks to the news that Balkzardan being the only Godzilla: Trading Battle Original Kaiju in the K.W.C, this match is basically cut.

I've planned on writing Ultraman and Zone Fighter vs Destoroyah vs Irys, (on Loose-leaf), but I decided to cut Ultraman and Zone Fighter from the story and put Destoroyah and Irys to fight MechaGodzilla and King Ghidorah (amoung others)

Those matches where to be part of a Story Arc, but those 2 matches will not see the light of day for the K.W.C

Added in 2 days 18 hours 23 minutes 16 seconds:
FWI, there is a few other matches that have changed a bit from the original draft

Bagan vs Barugaron, Shiigan, Vagnosaurus, Jyarumu, Balkzardan and Razin was one of the matches that I wrote (on loose-leaf) that wont be in the K.W.C for the same reasons above. However, a battle between Bagan and Balkzardan is possible.

All my matches with Heisei King Ghidorah (except for Gigan and Gyaos vs King Ghidorah), due to having Heisei King Ghidorah being retired again, will be replaced by Monsterverse King Ghidorah instead.
You might want to reconsider that since there's no guarantee that MV Ghidorah be added.

CommanderBowser
Monsterland Worker

We will wait until the movie comes out, and then who knows.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

CommanderBowser wrote:We will wait until the movie comes out, and then who knows.
We know.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

CommanderBowser
Monsterland Worker

Since my first typed match did not get accepted, and due to the fact the Heisei King Ghidorah matches are no longer accepted, I'll most likely send it to the K.W.C.E

Anguirus and Jet Jaguar vs Gezora and Varan was going to be the first match to be typed, but due to King Ghidorah (heisei) having a deadline, before matches will not be accepted, the match above was the first. Anguirus and Jet Jaguar vs Gezora and Varan became my second. Also Ultraman and Zone Fighter were going to appear in the beginning, during the kaiju meeting, but they were cut from the story.

Another thing, when the Xillen ship creates a hole in a cliff, Anguirus was originally going to roar angerly at them for doing it.

The Translation for that roar goes: "We just fixed that a few years ago due to a misunderstanding". That part was cut from that match.
Last edited by CommanderBowser on Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.