If You Can Add Any Monster to KWC

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Re: If You Can Add Any Monster to KWC

Post by KaijuX »

Moth wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 12:05 pm btw Zilla should also be considered a Godzilla slot, since he's able to be represented as his G:TAS-self, which is still legally Godzilla. So technically we have six Gojillers.
You'll find this in the new FAQ, but that mentality has been dropped. There is no longer a strict "incarnation limiter"--we're free to add as much as we please. The only limiter now is just a matter of uniqueness and if it's different enough to warrant. So throw your "legally Godzillas/Ghidorahs" away, that argument no longer has validation.

As for SP monsters, well, we have our eye on them (why wouldn't we?).
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

KaijuX wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 12:48 pm
Moth wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 12:05 pm btw Zilla should also be considered a Godzilla slot, since he's able to be represented as his G:TAS-self, which is still legally Godzilla. So technically we have six Gojillers.
You'll find this in the new FAQ, but that mentality has been dropped. There is no longer a strict "incarnation limiter"--we're free to add as much as we please. The only limiter now is just a matter of uniqueness and if it's different enough to warrant. So throw your "legally Godzillas/Ghidorahs" away, that argument no longer has validation.

As for SP monsters, well, we have our eye on them (why wouldn't we?).
Ah, I wasn't really implying "we're at a max", I just love bringing that fact up :P.
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

Ultragodzillafan
Samurai

Post by Ultragodzillafan »

Since the KWC usually only adds kaiju/mechs that have something to do with Toho properties, would the KWC use the Rebuild versions of Eva Units 1,0,and 2 since those versions were in the Shin Godzilla vs Evangelion 4-D ride, or is there a different version of the Evas that Toho was involved with I’m unaware of that makes them qualify able?

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Ultragodzillafan wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:41 pm Since the KWC usually only adds kaiju/mechs that have something to do with Toho properties, would the KWC use the Rebuild versions of Eva Units 1,0,and 2 since those versions were in the Shin Godzilla vs Evangelion 4-D ride, or is there a different version of the Evas that Toho was involved with I’m unaware of that makes them qualify able?
Evangelion: 3.0+1.0 Thrice Upon a Time is being distributed by Toho, so that would qualify whatever may appear in there.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

GigaBowserG wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:45 pm
Ultragodzillafan wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:41 pm Since the KWC usually only adds kaiju/mechs that have something to do with Toho properties, would the KWC use the Rebuild versions of Eva Units 1,0,and 2 since those versions were in the Shin Godzilla vs Evangelion 4-D ride, or is there a different version of the Evas that Toho was involved with I’m unaware of that makes them qualify able?
Evangelion: 3.0+1.0 Thrice Upon a Time is being distributed by Toho, so that would qualify whatever may appear in there.
I think KajuX said we would include EVA-01, but that would be it. We would've included the Angels too but none of them showed up unfortunately.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

Shit, just 01? I was hoping for 02 to appear along it, the ability to write Asuka as a main character with 02 and fiddle with it's beast mode would be amazing.
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Moth wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 10:38 am Shit, just 01? I was hoping for 02 to appear along it, the ability to write Asuka as a main character with 02 and fiddle with it's beast mode would be amazing.
You never know, things might change.

For better or for worse...
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

MoarCrossovers wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 10:42 am
Moth wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 10:38 am Shit, just 01? I was hoping for 02 to appear along it, the ability to write Asuka as a main character with 02 and fiddle with it's beast mode would be amazing.
You never know, things might change.

For better or for worse...
Eh, 01 alone is good enough. That's a whole new universe for matches to be set in and new characters allowed and such.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Please let us add him with this exact height.

RIP Evan.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 3:44 pm Image

Please let us add him with this exact height.
That would be freaking hilarious. :lol:

Real talk though, i'm not too sure about adding Ultima anymore. I mean, yeah he's cool and what he's done so far is awesome.. problem is though is that everything he can do, isn't anything that Shin can also accomplish.
Spoiler:
Yes, even the blood tentacles, assuming he can still do those. Archetype really ain't that special either since it really can't even be used for combat.
I think the most likely Singular Point additions at this.. well, point (i swear that wasn't intended. :lol: ) are SP Kumonga, along with his cousins Kamanga and Hanega, and of course, Salunga.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Jet Jaguar and Anguirus also seem unique but they could just be a hybrid. Same for Rodan though I think it's unique enough for its own roster just needs to show up big
Spoiler:
and not go out like a punk bitch
Honestly, at this point, I'd say we could just add Ultima as a skin for Shin (say that 5 times fast). They're super alike and there's no reason not too.

that and I still stand by making a WHOLE FUCKIMG ERA represented by one incarnation is dumb and this would slightly rectify it

RIP Evan.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Gigantis wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 3:59 pm
Spoiler:
Yes, even the blood tentacles, assuming he can still do those. Archetype really ain't that special either since it really can't even be used for combat.
Spoiler:
I don’t think we would be allowed to have Shin use the blood tentacles, Greyshot is kinda super fucking restrictive with what we can have Shin do.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 4:08 pm
Gigantis wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 3:59 pm
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
I don’t think we would be allowed to have Shin use the blood tentacles, Greyshot is kinda super skreeonking restrictive with what we can have Shin do.
Spoiler:
Aw really? I hope this doesn't effect my Godzilla (Reiwa) vs. Rhiahn match because i was gonna have Shin sprout wings.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Gigantis wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 4:35 pm
Spoiler:
Aw really? I hope this doesn't effect my Godzilla (Reiwa) vs. Rhiahn match because i was gonna have Shin sprout wings.
Greyshot is never letting that happen in a million years, I’m afraid. Yes, the movie says it is a possibility, but he refuses to let that be a thing. You either gotta remove that from the match or send it over the KWCE’s way, where we’re much looser with Shin’s adaption.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Spoiler:
My ideal scenario would be to have Shin's adaptations cover 1) What's implied in the film (5th form, flight), 2) What's (mostly) seen in concept art/early production material, and 3) take from the other Reiwa-era Godzillas within reason (so say no magical teleporting from Snow or Red Dust unless he encounters the material/particles needed to make that jump). His adaptations should be enabled to be a one-stop-shop that has properties of all things Reiwa Godzilla without removing Shin specifically, because to quote the movie, "Do as you please." And I don't think it's wrong for me to say that this is what people want Shin to do--crazier stuff.

Unfortunately, Greyshot is... As GvR pointed out, ridiculously restrictive about this. As much as I appreciate him being leader, Shin and Greyshot do not mesh together at all. I get a part of that was us waiting out for a sequel, but I think between Shin Ultraman not showing any signs of previous continuity and Shin Kamen Rider being a thing in the near-future, it's a safe assumption that the Shin series will be standalone reinventions of classic material. Therefore, I think Shin needs to be looser to survive; if not, I'm going to have to push for Ultima over Shin. Even if we were restricted with what Ultima can do, Ultima holds enough natural utility that you can do crazy stuff with.

The unfortunate byproduct of having a character that can "do anything" means that the rules of what that means is left to the devices of the imagination. For Anno, I'm sure he wanted people to envision what they see fit. But in the KWC--as it currently stands--that just opens up a whole can of worms of people "being able to make up their own Godzilla" in a sense. At least, that's the vibe I get from it.

Had things been any different, I would've liked to have both Shin and Ultima--but fact of the matter is, both fulfill the same quota of "the evolving Godzilla". You have Shin, who within his own context, was already highly restricted to begin with by Toho (which that mandate bled into Greyshot's mentality, hence why we haven't been using the production material as we have with other monsters); then you have Ultima, who not only was a crack-ton more relaxed in terms of studio interference (practically nonexistent, with only like one or two stipulations), but has been a natural all-encompassing Reiwa Godzilla in of itself. You have Shin's evolutions, Godzilla Earth's terraforming / ring-inspired atomic breath, and weird dimensional particle stuff of Snow Godzilla with the Red Dust.

With how it stands, I think Ultima is the far better choice. He requires less assumptions of how his abilities work, whereas you have to make large leaps in assuming for Shin. While the vagueness for Shin's powers can be more creatively free under any other circumstance, the KWC don't allow that, hence why he has been far more frustrating to deal with in a KWC context. Keep in mind, he only got in by a popularity vote... Had I had the foresight of what was to come, I seriously would've just opted out of Shin and waited for Ultima.

Shin Godzilla, both the creature and the movie, are some of my favorites in the franchise, and I will still love them to the end. But in the KWC's context, he's probably my least favorite to write with because of the uncertainty factor.
Now as something of an addendum, since I'm here, I wanted to clarify my statement. I had said "we were no longer imposed by the incarnation limiter"--which is true. Anthony has given full reign to Greyshot with how the KWC can be managed, with only a few rules to follow (gee, almost like a metaphor for SP in terms of creative freedom). At this point, it is left to Greyshot to keep what's best fit moving forward. If the retirement system stays, it stays. If it goes, it goes. Yadeyadeyda. So while we may be free from Anthony's limitations, those devices are now left to Greyshot's hands. I think he had said so already, but thought I'd make that clear. So apologies for only telling what's clearly one half of the story.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

Also keep in mind, outside of Godzilla vs Evangelion and... Shin Chan, we have almost no idea how Shin would fight another kaiju, leading to writing him being difficult at best outside of beam spam and him thrashing his upper half around.
Spoiler:
Wouldn't be opposed to seeing Ultima take over Shin's spot though. I'm not the biggest fan of more Godzillas being added to the KWC, but as a combatant, Ultima would be much more interesting to see

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

I personally think Shin is fine, I'd love to expand his moveset with his "non-canon" material but even with his film only stuff I think there is enough with him, given we have more limited fighters on the roster.
Spoiler:
And can we stop being so trigger happy over replacing Kaiju at the drop of a hat here? I'd rather add Ultima and keep Shin than just discard him for the new hot topic Goji.

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

There's nothing "trigger" happy over replacements. In the event where Ultima replacing Shin gets traction, there'd be talks between the higher ups, talks in the Discord, and most likely a poll here because this would be a hot topic for the KWC. The first two happen for any replacement or addition, it's not like they woke up one morning and wanted to publicly execute Showa Baragon or something.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Moth wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 11:19 pm it's not like they woke up one morning and wanted to publicly execute Showa Baragon or something.
I dunno, Greyshot is a guy that puts Stalin and Hitler to shame if he doesn’t get his daily Applebee's.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

MoarCrossovers wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 12:54 am
Moth wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 11:19 pm it's not like they woke up one morning and wanted to publicly execute Showa Baragon or something.
I dunno, Greyshot is a guy that puts Stalin and Hitler to shame if he doesn’t get his daily Applebee's.
Is the reason why Heisei Ghidorah got "retired" is because he worked as a Uber Eats driver and was late with his Applebee's?