If You Can Add Any Monster to KWC

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Re: If You Can Add Any Monster to KWC

Post by Jermobooka »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:28 pm
godjacob wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:22 pm Honestly the fact we have so many Godzillas on the roster but likely Millennium will never get in for that cap reason (Understandable as is) is sad given that is my nostalgic Godzilla lol
Agreed. Especially given every other Godzilla is an era rep. Closest is either LPG (from a certain point of view) or Zilla (which doesn't really count because...Zilla lol)

I think if we do ever, the best bet would be 2001. Not only would he be different enough (the others can basically be written the same as Heisei or Monsterverse) but a 100% evil and supernatural Godzilla is such a rad concept.
Agreed. We have our hero and anti-hero Godzilla’s in MonsterVerse and Heisei, with Showa being in that kinda awkward place where you can’t define him, so having GMK for a pure, malicious, supernatural Godzilla would be great
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Only way i see a Millennium Godzilla ever coming in at this point is if Junior gets retired, which i still don't really like the sound of.

And in all honesty, why would we pick any of the Millennium Godzilla's over the super different and unique Ghost Godzilla?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Gigantis wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:42 pm Only way i see a Millennium Godzilla ever coming in at this point is if Junior gets retired, which i still don't really like the sound of.

And in all honesty, why would we pick any of the Millennium Godzilla's over the super different and unique Ghost Godzilla?
Honestly I'd probably pick GMK Godzilla over Ghost Godzilla. Trilopod (Who is way underrated and could use more love) can fill the "possession" and become an evil version of any given Kaiju on the roster, which is the main Ghost Godzilla niche. GMK Godzilla gives us a truly evil/supernatural Godzilla who acts as more an avatar of vengeance which can have a ton of potential.

But yeah Millennium Goji's chances are silm, and I see that, just a shame is all given each other era has a Godzilla rep.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I'm all up for some Singular Point representation in K.W.C, and in all honesty? I think S.P Anguirus would be a perfect addition! I know that we have enough duplicate kaiju already and we already have two Anguirus' (Angiri?) but c'mon. Can you resist an adorable, playful ankylosaur that can still kick some serious ass, AND
Spoiler:
Has the power to see into the future like a Final Destination protagonist?
I don't think you can

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Gigantis wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:30 am I'm all up for some Singular Point representation in K.W.C, and in all honesty? I think S.P Anguirus would be a perfect addition! I know that we have enough duplicate kaiju already and we already have two Anguirus' (Angiri?) but c'mon. Can you resist an adorable, playful ankylosaur that can still kick some serious ass, AND
Spoiler:
Has the power to see into the future like a Final Destination protagonist?
I don't think you can
Agreed. I also think that Godzilla Ultima, SP Jet Jaguar, and
Spoiler:
Salunga
should be added once the series is finished
Last edited by Jermobooka on Fri May 07, 2021 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

Gigantis wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:30 am I'm all up for some Singular Point representation in K.W.C, and in all honesty? I think S.P Anguirus would be a perfect addition!
Cue GodzillaVsRayquaza running at you at 200mph With a giant mallet ready to beat you into the ground and explain why SP Anguirus will never be added to the roster.

Hannah Barbera Godzilla and Marvel Godzilla.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

I'm gonna be voting a Millennium-Era Godzilla first before I vote in a different Godzilla.

I need to actually watch Singular Point before I see which rep is fitting. Stupid June...

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

We are definitely getting reps from Singular Point, gotta wait for it to be done before we decide for certain, but there’s no way we aren’t getting at least one combatant from it.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

CommanderPhoenix
Monarch Researcher

Post by CommanderPhoenix »

Showa Rodan. Rodan is the member of the Big 5 with the least amount of representation in the KWC, and I think with its atomic wind breath and ability to come in pairs, it could be a fun addition.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

CommanderPhoenix wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 2:07 pm Showa Rodan. Rodan is the member of the Big 5 with the least amount of representation in the KWC, and I think with its atomic wind breath and ability to come in pairs, it could be a fun addition.
I agree with this statement 100%... ... ...but I think I see GvR in the corner of my eye turning around with a baseball bat in his hands... ... ... :shock: :lol:
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Jokes aside, Heisei and Legendary already accomplishes everything Showa does, especially because we can just write Heisei in pairs. The only thing Showa has that Heisei and Legendary don’t is... a completely useless puft of wind that does astronomically less damage than him just flying overhead. There’s a reason Showa Rodan just stopped having that power.
Last edited by GodzillavsRayquaza on Sun May 09, 2021 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 2:47 pm Image

Jokes aside, Heisei and Legendary already accomplishes everything Showa does, especially because we can just write Heisei in pairs. The only thing Showa has that Heisei and Legendary don’t is... a completely useless puft of wind that does astronomically less damage than him just flying overhead. There’s a reason Showa Rodan just stopped having that power.
Agreed. Much as people love Showa Rodan for being an "equal" to Godzilla, it is the KWC. Power levels are subject to the plot no matter who is used, and between Heisei and Legendary all the skills Showa Rodan has are already integrated and seems to lack a narrative edge.

On this subject though, maybe we can include White Rodan as Heisei Rodan's "partner" and tie into Gryphon or Bagan as Kaiju who never got a chance to life being given life here?

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

White Rodan is already a usable alternative skin for Heisei Rodan. Anyone who wants to use her is good to go.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 3:14 pm White Rodan is already a usable alternative skin for Heisei Rodan. Anyone who wants to use her is good to go.
Then ignore my comment, I am stupid.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

godjacob wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 3:15 pm
ShinGojira14 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 3:14 pm White Rodan is already a usable alternative skin for Heisei Rodan. Anyone who wants to use her is good to go.
Then ignore my comment, I am stupid.
No. You’re just learning the ropes, like we all do. ;)

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

Amhuluk, Shinomura, Dogolas, Komodithrax, Scylla, Warbat, Giant Bat, Oodako & Grotogauros.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Guys, if you keep making these suggestions, I’m warning you the chances of a horror movie about GvR exacting vengeance on all those who suggested these Kaiju will come into existence in time.

*looks ominously out the window*

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Would adding Godzilla Earth be possible? On one hand, Earth is badass with a ton of interesting abilities, but on the other...he’s unbelievably OP. Maybe even too much for KWC

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

ShinGojira14 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 2:00 pm Guys, if you keep making these suggestions, I’m warning you the chances of a horror movie about GvR exacting vengeance on all those who suggested these Kaiju will come into existence in time.

*looks ominously out the window*
In actuality I’m just gonna start yelling about how the KWCE exists and has all of the monsters people ask for on this thread, or will have them sooner rather than later.

Added in 1 minute 12 seconds:
Jermobooka wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 2:02 pm Would adding Godzilla Earth be possible? On one hand, Earth is badass with a ton of interesting abilities, but on the other...he’s unbelievably OP. Maybe even too much for KWC
Considered, denied due to being too broken, thus being hard to have a good “fight” with him as a combatant.
KWCE Administrator

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Jermobooka wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 2:02 pm Would adding Godzilla Earth be possible? On one hand, Earth is badass with a ton of interesting abilities, but on the other...he’s unbelievably OP. Maybe even too much for KWC
He does, though as GvR pointed out, he's too broken for the KWC. He has a one-weakness exploit that serves as the only means to defeat him--which will get dull real quick. In addition, Greyshot would be rather stingy with how he's handled if he were included; while he does sport some cool abilities, there'd be no way we could utilize him to the same extent as the MMD trilogy of videos (notably the 2nd and 3rd entries) as they are not "displayed in the movie/original material" (even if they're logical extensions to his powers). So yeah, no dice with him.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells