If You Can Add Any Monster to KWC

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
Moth
G-Grasper

Re: If You Can Add Any Monster to KWC

Post by Moth »

Kaiju No. 8 just got announced for an anime produced by Toho Animation. I dunno the current status on Toho Animation produced kaiju/settings and their inclusion (FLCL and Promare still would work really well), but.... Kaiju No. 8 for KWC?
its a good manga worth a read
Last edited by Moth on Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

godjacob wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:09 am
I mean you could just make Super Mechagodzilla its own card, so that in matches without Garuda it is "Mechagodzilla (Heisei) vs. Whoever" and in matches with Garuda combined with Mechagodzilla you can go "Super Mechagodzilla vs. Whoever." Sort of like how Yu-Gi-Oh treats a fusion monster or Dragon Ball when characters combine.
Unfortunately that would end up making things worse if we separate all three into their own slot, as that would open up Heisei Mechagodzilla vs Super Mechagodzilla vs Garuda as a fight, where normal Mechagodzilla and Garuda won’t be able to combine together to fight the Super Mechagodzilla, and Super Mechagodzilla would be not allowed to separate at all either cause that goes into Heisei and Garuda’s territory. And at that point, we wouldn’t have a need for normal Heisei Mechagodzilla cause Super Mechagodzilla is the upgrade, and then we wouldn’t need the Garuda either cause it’s upgrade is attaching to Mechagodzilla and thus why even need the two alone when Super does what they do but better. Then if we do separation in one match staring Super Mechagodzilla into Mechagodzilla and Garuda, we would then need to list all three on the banner and match name, leading to a major waste of space for what should only be one listed name for one character instead of three whole variations of the same combatant. See the issue here? The Garuda is fine where it is now. While it is its own machine, it acts as an assist in the same manner as the Legion Soldiers and Zilla’s Children. Neither are the actual combatant, but they can help to kill the enemy anyways to get the win.
Last edited by Nagoda on Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

In addition to Berserk acing as another scrapped monster rep, I'm also thinking about maybe the idea of adding.. Biomonster?

There's not a ton of information on him, and he doesn't have the whole "metal shape-shifting" goi g on for him to make banners easier so he's gonna need a 3D model for sure, but I think there's some potential in him. He's got his whole skin covered in enhanced G-Cells, which could make some neat interpretations on how that can affect him and his opponent in fights. Not only that, but there's some hints of his personality with how he apparently kills Godzilla via a "double suicide". Maybe he's depressed? Maybe a match featuring him can go more into his inner psyche and discovering what he wants out of life? Bonding with Kiryu or EVA-01 in the fact that they're living creatures forced to fight kaiju?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Komodithrax from Godzilla: The Series.

Have other GTS Kaiju on the roster. So why not add a possible mate for Zilla? Could lead to some interesting stories.

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Super-Nuked Godzilla, I feel, could be a good replacement for Godzillasaurus while still managing to both be different enough from the Godzillas currently on the roster and having good story potential.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Kiryu2012 wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 2:32 pm Super-Nuked Godzilla, I feel, could be a good replacement for Godzillasaurus while still managing to both be different enough from the Godzillas currently on the roster and having good story potential.
Eh.. I say maybe we should wait to get a bit more information on him first. If said information ever shows up. Then again I'm also advocating for Biomonster and we don't know a lot about him either. :lol:
godjacob wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 12:27 pm Komodithrax from Godzilla: The Series.

Have other GTS Kaiju on the roster. So why not add a possible mate for Zilla? Could lead to some interesting stories.
Komodithrax has been talked about for a while now. The consensus is pretty much a big "Ehhhh, Maybe." She's being considered, but isn't really at the top of the add on list.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Gigantis wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:08 pm
Kiryu2012 wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 2:32 pm Super-Nuked Godzilla, I feel, could be a good replacement for Godzillasaurus while still managing to both be different enough from the Godzillas currently on the roster and having good story potential.
Eh.. I say maybe we should wait to get a bit more information on him first. If said information ever shows up. Then again I'm also advocating for Biomonster and we don't know a lot about him either. :lol:
godjacob wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 12:27 pm Komodithrax from Godzilla: The Series.

Komodithrax has been talked about for a while now. The consensus is pretty much a big "Ehhhh, Maybe." She's being considered, but isn't really at the top of the add on list.
I see. Well I hope she gets a pass. She has ties to the Zilla line while being a unique creature herself, and offers some good match and story potential.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Far as another request: Gigan from the Godzilla: Project Mechagodzilla novelization. I feel we should try and get least one rep of each era of Godzilla if we can, and while the anime trilogy isn't too popular I feel a more tragic/heroic Gigan that was introduced in this has plenty of story potential.

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

godjacob wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:02 pm Far as another request: Gigan from the Godzilla: Project Mechagodzilla novelization. I feel we should try and get least one rep of each era of Godzilla if we can, and while the anime trilogy isn't too popular I feel a more tragic/heroic Gigan that was introduced in this has plenty of story potential.

Fully agree with integrating this Gigan. Can we (I) commission someone who can make a 3d version of him?

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Gojira1604 wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:07 pm
godjacob wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:02 pm Far as another request: Gigan from the Godzilla: Project Mechagodzilla novelization. I feel we should try and get least one rep of each era of Godzilla if we can, and while the anime trilogy isn't too popular I feel a more tragic/heroic Gigan that was introduced in this has plenty of story potential.

Fully agree with integrating this Gigan. Can we (I) commission someone who can make a 3d version of him?
That would be amazing!

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Aroza from Mirror Man might make for an interesting addition.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Since we are allowing piloted vehicles for this. The Argo?

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

godjacob wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 11:01 pm Since we are allowing piloted vehicles for this. The Argo?
Definitely a hard no. We're very much keeping that side of the spectrum very limited, but when we do come down to the final decision(s), I think you'll find it's more than enough. Argo will have to do more things to ensure it's distinguished enough to be worthwhile. For now, best to keep it more as a story-element.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

godjacob wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 11:01 pm Since we are allowing piloted vehicles for this. The Argo?
If it did, I would do nothing but destroy it in my matches.

Over.

And over.

And over again.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 4:59 pm
If it did, I would do nothing but destroy it in my matches.

Over.

And over.

And over again.
Damn, didn't know the Argo illicit such spite lol

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

The Argo doesn’t do much at all compared to some of the other SDF Airships we have in the Toho Library. It shot missiles at Ghidorah and that’s basically it. The Super X beat Godzilla, Super X-2 can reflect beams at a stronger output and is also submersible, Super X-3 froze Burning Godzilla, Gotengo constantly beats Manda and even in the Sazer X movie, it kills a giant bosquito taking the form of Ken Riser, one of the Justiriser Mechs, by drilling directly through its body. Hell, even the Garuda gave Rodan a bit of a fight. The Argo is very much outgunned in the Kaiju fighting department.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Alright, here we go. In alphabetical order, every monster I'm voting to get into the K.W.C thus far.. and some reasons behind them of course.

Berserk: An alien lifeform that can mimic any kaiju to its desire with the possibilities of some CRAZY action potential, and a shapeshifting body that can give Kumasogami's hands a run for their money. And since the design of its Godzilla form is basically a mechanical copy of him with almost nothing different, I'd imagine it only take some good photoshop of whatever its opponent would be in order to get it on banners.

Biomonster: I'd see an argument that he might be a little too similar to Frankenstein, who himself got retired because he was pretty much a lesser versions of both his two sons and the Titans, but i think he's got enough to stand out. He's completely mechanical, has skin entirely made out of G-Cells, his alliance and personality can be completely up to the writer just like most of the scrapped kaiju we have which gives great creative freedom, and he's just plain cool.

El Gusano Gigante: Yeah i know we have enough GTS reps already, but I think we can make room for Gusano. I think he'd be really good with an enviromental friendly kaiju like Mothra or Behemoth (where he shares their love for the enviroment because he gets more power from flowers.. even if they're chemically enhanced flowers lmao) or enemies to kaiju that specifically threaten to harm it like Hedorah or Desghidorah. Besides, what kaiju roster do we have if we don't include a giant worm?

Gigamoth: The last big scrapped monster I think would be worthwhile. She (or was it a he?) was actually in one of the polls alongside some other kaiju if I remember correctly, but I think they deserve another shot. There's enough separating it from Battra with the fact it was a normal Mothra larva turned into a radioactive mutant, so its not just "MOTHRA BUT EVIL X2" or anything. Be pretty neat if there was a story where it was twins with Leo, which could lead to some serious sibling jealously that one's gaining all the praise and glory..

Gudon: He has been on the polls for HOW long now? At this point I think its just best to say "skreoonk it" and let him in at this point. (and Twin Tail too if we gotta include them both lol) And honestly, since every Ultraman kaiju so far has come from the original show (and that doesn't look like its changing with SU on the horizon... more on that later, on another thread probably) i'd say we could use a monster that could come from another part of the franchise since he comes from Return of Ultraman, and he's probably the only non-original show monster I could see being written with a decent amount since Eleking kinda got the no-go (curse you, Soccer ball game! :P )

Lightning Bug/Fire Lion: Okay they're not kaiju who i can say i'd absolutely WANT to see, and more along the lines of "yeah, they'd be cool ig". The Visitor was always the main scrapped game monster I was voting for, but i wouldn't mind of his two companions got in. Fire Lion kinda struggles from being too much of a King Caesar clone tho, but i think you might be able to make something work.

And, in a more general sense..

Representatives from Gransazers/Justirisers/Super Fleet Sazer X: I feel like it would only to be fair that since we have some reps from Zone Fighter, we should allowed to toy with Toho's other kaiju TV Shows, even if the guys from these things... aren't very well known, putting it mildly. But hey, neither was Jikiro or Zandora and they have plenty of matches still! I'd imagine if we did include any of them, it would be the ones with closest ties to the Godzilla franchise, so in that case, i'd pick either Bulgario from Justirisers (who was full on stated to be modeled after Mechani-Kong, but he has some unique powers to boot. Not to mention, might be the closest thing to adding Robo-Yeti) or Reizaus.. who's relation to the Goji franchise should be obvious if you've been in this fandom long enough. :lol: Ultimately, just feel like a rep from any of the three shows are the last really big franchises needed to be added to the K.W.C at the moment. (Well, outside of maybe getting some more Gamera reps, but in order to do that, we'd need to get actually get more Gamera content..)

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Gigantis wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 2:54 pm Alright, here we go. In alphabetical order, every monster I'm voting to get into the K.W.C thus far.. and some reasons behind them of course.

Berserk: An alien lifeform that can mimic any kaiju to its desire with the possibilities of some CRAZY action potential, and a shapeshifting body that can give Kumasogami's hands a run for their money. And since the design of its Godzilla form is basically a mechanical copy of him with almost nothing different, I'd imagine it only take some good photoshop of whatever its opponent would be in order to get it on banners.
Out of all of these, this is the one I’d absolutely love to have in the KWC. He never even made it to film, and Berserk may be my favorite version of MechaGodzilla ever.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Please, for the love of his holiness Paul Reiser, can we add Gigan Miles and Gigan Rex to the KWC? :Gigan:

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:06 am Please, for the love of his holiness Paul Reiser, can we add Gigan Miles and Gigan Rex to the KWC? :Gigan:

We very likely will. Not confirming yet just because we want to hold off a bit, avoid just going “new thing good, add now”, but yeah we definitely have our eyes on him and if we do add him it’s not gonna be a secret.

Gigan Miles will be assists for Gigan Rex if we do add him, btw. Not their own combatant, just because they very much are extensions of him.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.