If You Can Add Any Monster to KWC

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
soulgodzilla
Futurian

Re: If You Can Add Any Monster to KWC

Post by soulgodzilla »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
soulgodzilla wrote:
KaijuX wrote:Showa Gamera I don't see happening, as there are no films distributed by Toho that feature the character; that only applies to the Heisei trilogy.
Although, we have the crossover stage show that I remember you guys denying and saying “Stage shows don’t count!”
Bruh, you really gonna act like a show with cheap costumes made for a literal kid's event is a valid reason to add an incarnation and not scraping the bottom of the barrel?
Just mentioning it.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Was the stage show even officially distributed by Toho?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

Gigantis wrote:Was the stage show even officially distributed by Toho?
It was distributed, surprisingly. Not like thats gonna change everyone’s mind on denying them. Which is understandable, but a shame because I figured that we could have a way to include Jiger.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

“Yeah, I’m done...” - Raptorcyclone after being introduced to the Godzilla Power Hour intro.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Correction: Official *collaboration* between Toho and Daiei, so they were directly involved with it. Again, being a stage show, I don't see that happening.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

KaijuX wrote:Correction: Official *collaboration* between Toho and Daiei, so they were directly involved with it. Again, being a stage show, I don't see that happening.
So, in other words, its more like City Shrouded in Shadows in that it was something Toho just like, nodded and let people make then something they officially worked on?

RIP Evan.

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

Good thing there's the kwce.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

UltimateDitto wrote:Good thing there's the kwce.
The waht?
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
KaijuX wrote:Correction: Official *collaboration* between Toho and Daiei, so they were directly involved with it. Again, being a stage show, I don't see that happening.
So, in other words, its more like City Shrouded in Shadows in that it was something Toho just like, nodded and let people make then something they officially worked on?
Details are sketchy regarding the specifics. It could be more like CSiS, it could be something they were actively involved in the production for. That's hard to say.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.

SoggyNoodles2016

Technically not ADDING a new monster (well sort of), but could we give Black Moth the ability to come in groups, like the swarms mentioned in the Anime Prequel novels?

Could make using her more interesting

RIP Evan.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Technically not ADDING a new monster (well sort of), but could we give Black Moth the ability to come in groups, like the swarms mentioned in the Anime Prequel novels?

Soul asked way back. X said no, for some reason i don't exactly remember right now.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

Gigantis wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Technically not ADDING a new monster (well sort of), but could we give Black Moth the ability to come in groups, like the swarms mentioned in the Anime Prequel novels?

Soul asked way back. X said no, for some reason i don't exactly remember right now.
I believe it has to do with there being only one Black Moth, and that specific one has the brain of Koriga transplanted inside it. Might be that or something else. Though I can definitely see Dr Malik creating Three or a swarm of Black Moths considering he created multiple Bat People and Giant Rats.
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

SoggyNoodles2016

soulgodzilla wrote:
Gigantis wrote:

I believe it has to do with there being only one Black Moth, and that specific one has the brain of Koriga transplanted inside it. Might be that or something else. Though I can definitely see Dr Malik creating Three or a swarm of Black Moths considering he created multiple Bat People and Giant Rats.
True, but they wouldn't be KROIGA Moth.

Hmm. I see why.

Could be a good KWCE ability at least :shrug:

RIP Evan.

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
soulgodzilla wrote:
Gigantis wrote:
True, but they wouldn't be KROIGA Moth.

Hmm. I see why.

Could be a good KWCE ability at least :shrug:
True.

But if that was available way back, then Match 279 would have been entirely different. :)
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Since the Monster Hunter movie's being co-produced by Toho, does that mean we could add the MH monsters that'll appear in the film to the roster when it comes out?
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Kiryu2012 wrote:Since the Monster Hunter movie's being co-produced by Toho, does that mean we could add the MH monsters that'll appear in the film to the roster when it comes out?
Since according to IMDB, it's Toho Company (not Toho-Towa), then it's possible. I will say, we'll probably wait for the movie to come out, since we're technically operating by whatever appears in that movie.

Pair of kings.

SoggyNoodles2016

KaijuX wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Since the Monster Hunter movie's being co-produced by Toho, does that mean we could add the MH monsters that'll appear in the film to the roster when it comes out?
Since according to IMDB, it's Toho Company (not Toho-Towa), then it's possible. I will say, we'll probably wait for the movie to come out, since we're technically operating by whatever appears in that movie.
Why wouldn't Towa work?

IMDB says they are the guys who distribute Monsterverse Godzilla, so they should be even more of a shoe in with Towa.

RIP Evan.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

That's just the verdict. However, for the MonsterVerse, because it's Godzilla or Godzilla-connected, it's fine. Kong: Skull Island, for example, doesn't have any Toho connections in the traditional outside from the end-credits scene and Toho's credit. But because we know for sure Toho is involved with the MonsterVerse, it's generally fine. Towa focuses more on foreign releases 4 out of 5 times, so movies like PRU would be a no-go. Yes, I get Towa is a subsidiary of Toho Company, but the main thing we focus on is TC, not TT.

Pair of kings.

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

Hannah-Barbera Godzilla
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

soulgodzilla
Futurian

Post by soulgodzilla »

UltimateDitto wrote:Hannah-Barbera Godzilla
What about Axor?
Up from the depths
Thirty stories high
Breathing fire
His head in the sky
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
Godzilla!
And Godzookie....

FatBaconUnicorn
JXSDF Technician

Post by FatBaconUnicorn »

Millennium Anguirus hybrid
Millennium Kumonga hybrid