If You Can Add Any Monster to KWC

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
godjacob
Futurian

Re: If You Can Add Any Monster to KWC

Post by godjacob »

KaijuX wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 6:00 pm
Jermobooka wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 2:02 pm Would adding Godzilla Earth be possible? On one hand, Earth is badass with a ton of interesting abilities, but on the other...he’s unbelievably OP. Maybe even too much for KWC
He does, though as GvR pointed out, he's too broken for the KWC. He has a one-weakness exploit that serves as the only means to defeat him--which will get dull real quick. In addition, Greyshot would be rather stingy with how he's handled if he were included; while he does sport some cool abilities, there'd be no way we could utilize him to the same extent as the MMD trilogy of videos (notably the 2nd and 3rd entries) as they are not "displayed in the movie/original material" (even if they're logical extensions to his powers). So yeah, no dice with him.
But are power levels set in stone here? We had Maguma take out Shin Godzilla and Gabara/Gorosaurus stomped on Monster X during his slump phase.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Once Shin Ultraman comes out, i’d like to add Shin Neronga, Shin Gabora, and whatever other kaiju might appear

For now, i really do think we should add GMKGoji. It’s the best and most unique possible Millenium Godzilla rep, being an immortal ghost and all
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

godjacob wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 11:08 am But are power levels set in stone here? We had Maguma take out Shin Godzilla and Gabara/Gorosaurus stomped on Monster X during his slump phase.
Oh no, not broken as in strength necessarily (though that is a factor). The entire Polygon Trilogy reps are built to be unstoppable--with one exploit. Like, how can you even kill Godzilla Earth when he has a barrier that protects him from all threats? How is a normal monster supposed to stomp Ghidorah when the only exploit is destroying the Garbatruim bead? Unless you want to BS your way out of that, that's just not feasible for any monster that isn't human-operated. They're designed to be specific, and that specific-ness is a massive hinderance as a serious KWC inclusion. The best option would be Anime MG--but even then, we just never see him in action (not as the robot).
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Dunno if i already said this, but i’ll reiterate if i have

I definitely think GMK should be added, for a lot of reasons. For one, it’s an incredibly unique concept. A malicious, I kill able ghost/zombie Godzilla made and reanimated from the souls of lost WWII vets and victims is badass and would be perfect for KWC. It could also fit a ton of different roles and stories against a ton of other kaiju on the roster. Lastly, we don’t have any Millenium Godzilla representation, and GMK is by far and a ways the best one to introduce out of the four (five?).

I already have ideas for matches like GMK vs Gamera, GMK vs Attack Titan, and GMK vs Anguirus, Varan, and Baragon :D
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Jermobooka wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 1:05 pm Dunno if i already said this, but i’ll reiterate if i have

I definitely think GMK should be added, for a lot of reasons. For one, it’s an incredibly unique concept. A malicious, I kill able ghost/zombie Godzilla made and reanimated from the souls of lost WWII vets and victims is badass and would be perfect for KWC. It could also fit a ton of different roles and stories against a ton of other kaiju on the roster. Lastly, we don’t have any Millenium Godzilla representation, and GMK is by far and a ways the best one to introduce out of the four (five?).

I already have ideas for matches like GMK vs Gamera, GMK vs Attack Titan, and GMK vs Anguirus, Varan, and Baragon :D
He was actually in the "Which fifth Godzilla should we add?" poll from last year and he got some pretty decent votes and actually almost won, so he has his audience. Unfortunately, Five different incarnations of a monster is the limit on the K.W.C and he's probably not getting included unless Junior gets retired, which probably isn't happening.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Actually, we got rid of the incarnation limit.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

MoarCrossovers wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 2:08 pm Actually, we got rid of the incarnation limit.
I can't tell if you're serious but if you are i kinda feel like this is a bad idea.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

To be very clear. The incarnation limit on monsters no longer exists, however, we are not adding any more Godzillas unless a new incarnation manages to stand out drastically from the four we have while also avoiding the Godzilla Earth problem of being too inflexible (which side note, is currently how we’re hoping Ultima shakes out lmao). Showa, Heisei, MV, and Shin cover our bases perfectly at the moment. We will never add a Millenium Godzilla, it is as simple as that.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 2:16 pm To be very clear. The incarnation limit on monsters no longer exists, however, we are not adding any more Godzillas unless a new incarnation manages to stand out drastically from the four we have while also avoiding the Godzilla Earth problem of being too inflexible (which side note, is currently how we’re hoping Ultima shakes out lmao). Showa, Heisei, MV, and Shin cover our bases perfectly at the moment. We will never add a Millenium Godzilla, it is as simple as that.
Very much this. I've been meaning to revise the FAQ to better reflect our currently standard, and well as a general clean up. So yeah... Expect changes to come. ;)
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Besides, the KWCE exists, and there’s plenty of usage for the Millennium Godzillas there.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Honestly i can't imagine what other alternative versions of kaiju we have now could be much use to begin with besides Singular Point Anguirus and MonsterVerse Mechagodzilla. Of course that can totally change in the future but still.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 2:16 pm To be very clear. The incarnation limit on monsters no longer exists, however, we are not adding any more Godzillas unless a new incarnation manages to stand out drastically from the four we have while also avoiding the Godzilla Earth problem of being too inflexible (which side note, is currently how we’re hoping Ultima shakes out lmao). Showa, Heisei, MV, and Shin cover our bases perfectly at the moment. We will never add a Millenium Godzilla, it is as simple as that.
Well damn, that’s a shame :(

I understand only having the 5 Goji’s we have for now and no Millenium though. We kinda do have our bases covered with that. Still, hoping for some Singular Point kaiju to make it into the roster like Ultima, Salunga, and maybe SP JJ too!

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Well that sucks. That just feels like the Millennium era gets screwed over. Like if you are gonna include a new Godzilla of every era and now put a cap on it IDK just doesn't sit right with me.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

I guess, in a way, Monsterverse counts as Millenium because it started pre Reiwa?

Idk, I'm a big Millenium fan and now I'm big sad.

At least we have more options now

RIP Evan.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Honestly I am now depressed. Millennium era gets screwed over hard and now I am even more resentful of Showa Godzilla's inclusion.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

godjacob wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 5:56 pm Honestly I am now depressed. Millennium era gets screwed over hard and now I am even more resentful of Showa Godzilla's inclusion.
Showa didn’t stop a Millenium Godzilla getting in, the fact that literally none of them have any abilities that Heisei (or Shin for GMK’s energy absorption) doesn’t is why they’re not in. GMK is the only one that character-wise isn’t literally just Heisei again but with less depth due to being in only one or two movies. And GMK isn’t getting in for the same reason we don’t have Komodithrax. Good story potential, but you need more than that to get in when there’s characters with the exact same abilities and more.
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 6:09 pm
godjacob wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 5:56 pm Honestly I am now depressed. Millennium era gets screwed over hard and now I am even more resentful of Showa Godzilla's inclusion.
Showa didn’t stop a Millenium Godzilla getting in, the fact that literally none of them have any abilities that Heisei (or Shin for GMK’s energy absorption) doesn’t is why they’re not in. GMK is the only one that character-wise isn’t literally just Heisei again but with less depth due to being in only one or two movies. And GMK isn’t getting in for the same reason we don’t have Komodithrax. Good story potential, but you need more than that to get in when there’s characters with the exact same abilities and more.
I mean, I am no writer but I feel character story potential should rank higher than whether or not a Kaiju has a one off bonus quirk like a magnet power to make them "special" enough. I feel just that with the fact we have so many Godzillas most of which their general abilities do bleed into each other and only now say stop just feels like giving the middle finger to the Millennium era from my POV.

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsJason »

Echoing what GvR said. GMK Godzilla, while a neat Gawdzira, really only brings one thing to the table. Being evil, and several other monsters can already be evil, if the writer so desires. If you want to be completionist, I get why it may be disappointing to not have a Millennium Godzilla, but there's really no viable reason to have any of them in when Showa, Heisei, Legendary and Shin can do all of those things and more.

Maybe in another lifetime, but I guarantee GMK Godzilla will not be added in the KWC.

That is final.
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Fan of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing, and Red vs Blue!

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Showa also just has a lot more to offer than “magnets”. Personality from being in more movies than any other Godzillas, acrobatics and all sorts of crazy physical feats, out and out heroism (yes Legendary has that, but Showa is more of a superhero to Legendary’s on and off anti-hero), fucking flight, and just generally a lot of versatility.
KWCE Administrator

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

We don't need more Godzillas, and Showa (and to a lesser extent Shin) being added was a mistake. The only one that should be even considered is Ultima depending on how SP pans out.

Speaking of SP, I feel like Jet Jaguar and Anguirus should be brought up for consideration, but there's still a few more episodes to go so it'd be better off waiting.

But for now, I feel like any future additions in this already loaded roster should be representing universes not already in the KWC. Mostly for more creative freedom.

btw Zilla should also be considered a Godzilla slot, since he's able to be represented as his G:TAS-self, which is still legally Godzilla. So technically we have six Gojillers.
Last edited by Moth on Thu May 20, 2021 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61: