The K.W.C. Banner-Artists Thread!

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
shadowgigan
Futurian

Re: The K.W.C. Banner-Artists Thread!

Post by shadowgigan »

KaijuX wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:23 pm
shadowgigan wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:59 pm
May give the next one a whirl as well, this is kind of fun. A lot different than what I usually do on PS.
-
After looking at a bunch of the site banners, it appeas I have to step up my game. So many awesome ones one there.
Like MoarCrossovers said, Ghidorah and Rodan should be "King Ghidorah (Legendary)" and "Rodan (Legendary)" respectively since they are separate monsters. It separates them from the other incarnations we have in the roster, hence the need for it. Though monsters that don't have multiple incarnations don't need it. Last little bit is that we generally use "&" instead of "and" to better give more space for banner titles.

But thank you kindly! I will say though, you're stuff looks sharp as well! :D
Whoops, my bad. I will get it switched tonight when I am off work!

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

For a match I'm working on..

Godzilla (Showa, 1964) vs. Gryphon

Possible thing you could do: have the two of them get into a beam struggle with Godzilla's atomic ray and the Gryphon's wing beams. Just an FYI if you decide to do that though, the color of the Grpyhon's wing beams in the story is purple.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:02 pm Gamera (Heisei) and Kong (Legendary) vs. Gyaos (Heisei) vs. Skullcrawler

Five Gyaos' and five Skullcrawlers. Have Gamera and Kong side by side surrounded by them, some of them coming at them, others fighting each other.
I started one for you, but then I realized I completely missed the second part of your request...and yeah.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

shadowgigan wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:56 amI started one for you, but then I realized I completely missed the second part of your request...and yeah.
It's alright. I'm happy with what I had gotten. Thanks! :huge:

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Gigantis wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:23 am For a match I'm working on..

Possible thing you could do: have the two of them get into a beam struggle with Godzilla's atomic ray and the Gryphon's wing beams. Just an FYI if you decide to do that though, the color of the Grpyhon's wing beams in the story is purple.
I will attempt this, assuming I can find a decent photo of the Gryphon.
GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:00 pm
shadowgigan wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:56 amI started one for you, but then I realized I completely missed the second part of your request...and yeah.
It's alright. I'm happy with what I had gotten. Thanks! :huge:
You're welcome!

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

shadowgigan wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:19 pm

KaijuX has the model of the Gryphon that we use. Think it's in his DeviantArt files somewhere, though he might've uploaded them on the K.W.C thread. You'll have to do some scrolling to find them though.
Last edited by Gigantis on Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Gigantis wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:32 pm
shadowgigan wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:19 pm

KaijuX has the model of the Gryphon that we use. Think it's in his DeviantArt files somewhere, though he might've uploaded them on the K.W.C thread. You'll have to do some scrolling to find them though.
I found them shortly after that post! Lol About to upload Hulk's fixed banner.

Added in 6 minutes 14 seconds:

FINAL, FIXED VERSIONS

Added in 1 hour 11 minutes 2 seconds:
gigantis, yours is on the way.

Added in 24 minutes 29 seconds:
Here ya go, Gigantis.

I couldn't find a good picture to satisfy your exact request. Hard to find good pictures of Mosu with his mouth open wide enough. Also, I wasn;t sure what Gryphon's beams should look like. Let me know if you want anything changed.
Last edited by shadowgigan on Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

shadowgigan wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:20 pm I couldn't find a good picture to satisfy your exact request. Hard to find good pictures of Mosu with his mouth open wide enough. Also, I wasn;t sure what Gryphon's beams should look like. Let me know if you want anything changed.
DANG dude! This looks really good! :D

I don't really want anything changed, but I think the Gryphon's beam.. might be a bit inaccurate? The banner for Jikiro vs. Gryphon has it more as a straight up ray instead of electricity, but I'm not sure if that's how it's described in the 1994 script. Someone more informed than me would have to give you that answer. :lol:

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Gigantis wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:27 pm
shadowgigan wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:20 pm I couldn't find a good picture to satisfy your exact request. Hard to find good pictures of Mosu with his mouth open wide enough. Also, I wasn;t sure what Gryphon's beams should look like. Let me know if you want anything changed.
DANG dude! This looks really good! :D

I don't really want anything changed, but I think the Gryphon's beam.. might be a bit inaccurate? The banner for Jikiro vs. Gryphon has it more as a straight up ray instead of electricity, but I'm not sure if that's how it's described in the 1994 script. Someone more informed than me would have to give you that answer. :lol:
Thanks man! I was extremely pleased with how it turned out. Starting to get the hang of this. Hoepfully it passes, because I've certainly never read the script lol, I just thought that looked cool. I really don't want to change it, but someone let me know if I need to.

Let's see. I think that is all of the outstanding requests. Let me know if I've forgotten any. Feel free to keep them coming as well, I've been having fun with this.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Gigantis wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:27 am Ultraman vs. Rayquaza

I'm actually not looking for a location for this one. I'm more looking at a "cinematic" banner, like these.

Had another go at this. I just don't think I'm very good at this type of banner. This is what I came up with

It doesn't help I don't know a THING about Ultaman.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

shadowgigan wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:25 pm Image

This looks pretty good! Just that the title is kind of reversed lol

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

shadowgigan wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:25 pm

I'm actually not looking for a location for this one. I'm more looking at a "cinematic" banner, like these.

Had another go at this. I just don't think I'm very good at this type of banner. This is what I came up with

Dude, you are an amazing banner creator. Do you know that?
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:56 pm
shadowgigan wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:25 pm

Dude, you are an amazing banner creator. Do you know that?
Thank you! I'm doing my best to learn the craft!

Added in 27 seconds:
Gigantis wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:42 pm

Always something I mess up lol. Anyways, I'll fix the title before I go to sleep.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Gigantis wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:42 pm

Fixed!

I need more requests lol, thanks for giving me something to do after work! I love doing art before sleep.

Edit: The text being on the wrong side was buggnig me, although IMO the kaiju looked better without the horizontal flip.

Last edited by shadowgigan on Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

This is probably gonna be my last request for a bit. Since I'm already working on this match I figured I might as well.

Axor vs. Black Moth

Location: Monsterland. (Any place that has a lot of palm trees will do really)

Have Minilla somewhere in the background watching the fight.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Gigantis wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:11 pm This is probably gonna be my last request for a bit. Since I'm already working on this match I figured I might as well.

Axor vs. Black Moth

Location: Monsterland. (Any place that has a lot of palm trees will do really)

Have Minilla somewhere in the background watching the fight.
I may be able to get to this. The only thing is I don’t know anything about the Kaiju, which makes me hesitate.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Well, might as well request this. Putting it in spoilers though because it does spoil where the fight takes place in, but it's not that big of a deal at the end of the day so.. eh. :P
Spoiler:
Godzilla (Heisei, 1989-91) vs. Anguirus (Showa)

Have it near the Golden Gate Bridge. Godzilla on one side, Anguirus on the other
Last edited by Gigantis on Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Gigantis wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:40 pm Well, might as well request this. Putting it in spoilers though because it does spoil where the fight takes place in, but it's not that big of a deal at the end of the day so.. eh. :P
Spoiler:

Have it near the Golden Gate Bridge. Godzilla on one side, Anguirus on the other
Can I call dibs on this? I’ll try to have it done this weekend.

Also, since I don’t know the Kaiju, I’ve decided not to do the previous one

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

shadowgigan wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:20 am
Gigantis wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:40 pm Well, might as well request this. Putting it in spoilers though because it does spoil where the fight takes place in, but it's not that big of a deal at the end of the day so.. eh. :P
Spoiler:

Sure! And it’s fine if you're not doing Axor vs. Black Moth. I just liked the idea lol

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Gigantis wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:55 am
shadowgigan wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:20 am
Spoiler:

Sure! And it’s fine if you're not doing Axor vs. Black Moth. I just liked the idea lol
I just think it would be better for someone who actually knows the Kaiju to do it lol. I’ve been busy, but can see myself having fun with your more recent request.