K.W.C. - Writer Assistance Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
HillyHulk
Yuki Special

Re: K.W.C. - Writer Assistance Thread

Post by HillyHulk »

CommanderPhoenix wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:17 pm Taking inspiration from Unleashed, are we allowed to write MKG as being built on the body of Millennium Ghidorah?
I'm pretty sure that would break the "no O.G kaiju" rule not having it based on Heisei like the source material.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

CommanderPhoenix wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:17 pm Taking inspiration from Unleashed, are we allowed to write MKG as being built on the body of Millennium Ghidorah?
Sadly, that'd be a nay. I know that there was an older KWC Match that had MKG built off of GKG (which even then just treated it as MKG and not a mechanized GKG), but that I think was just a result of leniency from a different time.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

CommanderPhoenix
Monarch Researcher

Post by CommanderPhoenix »

How fast is Gaira's regeneration? If his arm was blasted off at the start of a fight, could it regrow into a second Gaira fast enough to help in the fight, assuming the fight isn't hours long?

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

CommanderPhoenix wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:56 am How fast is Gaira's regeneration? If his arm was blasted off at the start of a fight, could it regrow into a second Gaira fast enough to help in the fight, assuming the fight isn't hours long?
Probably not, as it does require a sufficient amount of nutrients and time to grow into another Gaira. It’s not Godzilla or Orga Levels of speedy regeneration where it’s near instant. It’s a bit slower in healing but still strong enough to form a whole other creature with enough nutrients. For example, if Frankenstein’s hand had enough nutrients, it probably would have grown into another Frankenstein like how he regrew his own hand. Sanda lost some flesh in a river which then drifted into the sea and formed Gaira. Plus it doesn’t really have the be an entire arm, just a large enough chunk for it to regrow.

So it probably wouldn’t regrow into a second Gaira without sufficient time passing. It’s fast enough to heal his wounds in a day, but not enough to create a new creature unless it’s overloaded with energy. But if the fight is stopped and continued at a later point in the match, that arm could regrow into a second Gaira.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Nagoda wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:28 am
CommanderPhoenix wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:56 am How fast is Gaira's regeneration? If his arm was blasted off at the start of a fight, could it regrow into a second Gaira fast enough to help in the fight, assuming the fight isn't hours long?
Probably not, as it does require a sufficient amount of nutrients and time to grow into another Gaira. It’s not Godzilla or Orga Levels of speedy regeneration where it’s near instant. It’s a bit slower in healing but still strong enough to form a whole other creature with enough nutrients. For example, if Frankenstein’s hand had enough nutrients, it probably would have grown into another Frankenstein like how he regrew his own hand. Sanda lost some flesh in a river which then drifted into the sea and formed Gaira. Plus it doesn’t really have the be an entire arm, just a large enough chunk for it to regrow.

So it probably wouldn’t regrow into a second Gaira without sufficient time passing. It’s fast enough to heal his wounds in a day, but not enough to create a new creature unless it’s overloaded with energy. But if the fight is stopped and continued at a later point in the match, that arm could regrow into a second Gaira.
Furthermore, the only reason it was actually allowed in Match 185 is because it wasn’t actually Gaira to begin with.

Orga was in the House.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Is it okay if i write a match with Utsuno that has him portrayed as.. kind of a prick?

I'm imagining a scenario where Utsuno finally comes back to Earth after so long, not actually realizing how much time has passed. (like, wherever he went off to has time that worked different than the main universe or whatever) But when he gets there, he's all pissed off and crap because there's monsters everywhere, not even liking the Earth Defenders because they still wind up killing innocent people when they're "defending" the planet. So he goes to a really big name universal hero like Mothra Leo or Gamera, Ultraman etc. whoever, challenging them to a fight, while shouting at them. "WHAT THE F*CK ARE YOU DOING? HOW CAN YOU CALL YOURSELF A DEFENDER OF THE UNIVERSE IF YOU LET ALL THESE MONSTERS AND ALIENS CAUSE ALL THIS HAVOC" and stuff like that. I'm just worried it might be a bit OOC.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Gigantis wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:19 am -snip-
Utsuno going too far in his righteousness and acting like that should be fine.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

CommanderPhoenix
Monarch Researcher

How much do we actually know about the Vortaak? Is there any extra info about them outside of the info from cutscenes and mission descriptions in Unleashed?

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

Gigantis wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 7:19 am Is it okay if i write a match with Utsuno that has him portrayed as.. kind of a prick?

I'm imagining a scenario where Utsuno finally comes back to Earth after so long, not actually realizing how much time has passed. (like, wherever he went off to has time that worked different than the main universe or whatever) But when he gets there, he's all pissed off and crap because there's monsters everywhere, not even liking the Earth Defenders because they still wind up killing innocent people when they're "defending" the planet. So he goes to a really big name universal hero like Mothra Leo or Gamera, Ultraman etc. whoever, challenging them to a fight, while shouting at them. "WHAT THE F*CK ARE YOU DOING? HOW CAN YOU CALL YOURSELF A DEFENDER OF THE UNIVERSE IF YOU LET ALL THESE MONSTERS AND ALIENS CAUSE ALL THIS HAVOC" and stuff like that. I'm just worried it might be a bit OOC.
That honestly sounds like it could be really good. Kinda similar to Match 300, but instead of wanting humanity dead, Utsuno wants all of the kaiju dead. Honestly sounds really good and I'd love to help out with it if you ever need it.

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

So I'm writing a match with Legendary Godzilla, and I was wondering, can we have other monsters submit to him besides Monsterverse dudes like Behemoth?

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

Also what is the criteria for a tie? Like let's say Godzilla beats Baragon and forces him to surrender or submit. Would that count as a win or a tie since both combatants survive in the end?

CommanderPhoenix
Monarch Researcher

That would probably be a win for Godzilla, since he made Baragon submit. A tie would be if they both died, or if they just decided to stop fighting for some other reason that left them on equal footing.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I feel like i might've asked this before, (or someone else on this thread did, at least) but what are the limits on including some of the distributed anime movies in matches? I know we want to avoid the same issues that Gamera vs. Hedorah 2 brought up.. I.E, just using the movies plot and throwing kaiju into it, but what else can i do?

Because i'm currently thinking of doing matches set in the universes of Akira and InuYasha.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Gigantis wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:47 am I feel like i might've asked this before, (or someone else on this thread did, at least) but what are the limits on including some of the distributed anime movies in matches? I know we want to avoid the same issues that Gamera vs. Hedorah 2 brought up.. I.E, just using the movies plot and throwing kaiju into it, but what else can i do?

Because i'm currently thinking of doing matches set in the universes of Akira and InuYasha.
Using Akira stuff in a match is fine, I would assume InuYasha should be fine as well.
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:04 pm
Gigantis wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:47 am I feel like i might've asked this before, (or someone else on this thread did, at least) but what are the limits on including some of the distributed anime movies in matches? I know we want to avoid the same issues that Gamera vs. Hedorah 2 brought up.. I.E, just using the movies plot and throwing kaiju into it, but what else can i do?

Using Akira stuff in a match is fine, I would assume InuYasha should be fine as well.
Yeah i know, i'm more just looking for what's the best way to implement them. I know anything like what happened with 341 is gonna get rejected, so i would assume it would be best if i tried to.. tie them more into the plot? Wind up causing the plot? Be more of an obstacle yet not shoved aside? IDK, just looking for ways on how to do things lol

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Gigantis wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:47 am Yeah i know, i'm more just looking for what's the best way to implement them. I know anything like what happened with 341 is gonna get rejected, so i would assume it would be best if i tried to.. tie them more into the plot? Wind up causing the plot? Be more of an obstacle yet not shoved aside? IDK, just looking for ways on how to do things lol
Have the movie’s plot change due to their presence would be my thing. Have it go off the rails, 341’s issue was that it would keep rebounding back to the original movie’s plot no matter what and made it felt like the kaiju were tacked on instead of melded in.
KWCE Administrator

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

I can't really remember, but Kong's axe is able to absorb other enemy beams besides Godzilla's, right?

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

Dunkeeni wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:53 am I can't really remember, but Kong's axe is able to absorb other enemy beams besides Godzilla's, right?
At the moment, just sticking to Godzilla's beam or radiation. Rodan's Heisei beam would work as its exactly the same as Godzilla's atomic ray.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

Greyshot151 wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:24 am
Dunkeeni wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:53 am I can't really remember, but Kong's axe is able to absorb other enemy beams besides Godzilla's, right?
At the moment, just sticking to Godzilla's beam or radiation. Rodan's Heisei beam would work as its exactly the same as Godzilla's atomic ray.
Okay cool, thank you!

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Greyshot151 wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:24 am
Here's a saying to help you remember.

"If it gives you cancer, there's your answer."
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.