K.W.C. - Writer Assistance Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Re: K.W.C. - Writer Assistance Thread

Post by KaijuX »

Dunkeeni wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:44 am Two quick questions
1: Where did Mecha King Ghidorah's auto-repair ability come from?
The Auto-Repair ability is a power derived from Hyper Mecha-King Ghidorah, to which we applied to MKG. But back when we added the power, assumptions/outdated English sources cited it to be "head reattachment", and this was well before me or anyone else got good at translating Japanese (I'm no expert by any stretch, but just enough to get an idea). Since the power had already been included in a match (165, and most recently in 366), we kept it.
2: Why is Gabara's poisonous warts listed in Godzilla PS4 a power? Don't most powers that are unused in film at least need some form of visual appearance? (ex: Showa Gigan's laser and Destroyah's chest beam)
Usually that's the case, but if I recall that situation right, it was cited as green, giving us a color to work with. In most cases, it's best to have a visual reference, but at minimum you just need 2 sources to prove its existence.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

Is Kumasogami allowed to be "summoned" by the thieves that worship him?

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Dunkeeni wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:00 am Is Kumasogami allowed to be "summoned" by the thieves that worship him?
There isn't an issue with that, I say. Match 206 had Kumasogami summoned by mass-sacrifice--so, uh, yeah. :P
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

One more question
Is Varan’s lake ever explicitly named? I swear I remember it being named Lake Akami or something like that.
Last edited by Dunkeeni on Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CommanderPhoenix
Monarch Researcher

Post by CommanderPhoenix »

I wasn't able to find anything about the lake's name, or anything about a Lake Akami.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Dunkeeni wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:06 pm One more question
Is Varan’s lake ever explicitly named? I swear I remember it being named Lake Akami or something like that.
I know he resides within the Kitakami River, though the lake itself... A little less sure of atm.

Pair of kings.

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

KaijuX wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:57 pm
Dunkeeni wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:06 pm One more question
I know he resides within the Kitakami River, though the lake itself... A little less sure of atm.
River, that’s what I was thinking of. Thanks :D

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

So when it comes to the EVA Units, what's things that we can and can't use? Being honest i've mostly looked at their K.W.C.E cards for information and watching some clips, but i know they're not entirely reliable when it comes to just focusing on their Rebuild versions, so..

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Gigantis wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:09 pm So when it comes to the EVA Units, what's things that we can and can't use? Being honest i've mostly looked at their K.W.C.E cards for information and watching some clips, but i know they're not entirely reliable when it comes to just focusing on their Rebuild versions, so..
In terms of appearance, it's Rebuild. But when it comes to general depiction and characterization, there is leeway of writing them closer to the TV series. So for weapons and characterization for the humans, you're good (i.e. you can address Asuka as Asuka Langley Soryu instead of Rebuild's Asuka Shikinami Langely). Off the top of my head, there isn't anything too insane, as most of everything that's in NGE carries over into Rebuild to some capacity (like Unit-01's Berserk Mode).

Pair of kings.

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

What is the criteria for using characters from other non-kaiju series as just a cameo? I'm planning on having a character make an appearance as a cameo at the end as a little wink wink for analog fans.

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

Dunkeeni wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:45 am What is the criteria for using characters from other non-kaiju series as just a cameo? I'm planning on having a character make an appearance as a cameo at the end as a little wink wink for analog fans.
Probably so long as they have some relation to Toho in some way. I think.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

Nagoda wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:22 am
Dunkeeni wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:45 am What is the criteria for using characters from other non-kaiju series as just a cameo? I'm planning on having a character make an appearance as a cameo at the end as a little wink wink for analog fans.
Probably so long as they have some relation to Toho in some way. I think.
Ok thanks :D

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

So why was Gamera allowed to talk in Match 297? If I remember, he does have some form of telepathy, correct?

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

Dunkeeni wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:37 am So why was Gamera allowed to talk in Match 297? If I remember, he does have some form of telepathy, correct?
I think that was less Gamera speaking and more Shikishima imagining a response in his mind since he is starting to doubt his actions.

Added in 43 seconds:
But I’m pretty sure you can have the person who holds his magatama and bonds with him communicate with Gamera.
_______

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Can SP Godzilla start a match at 100 meters?
Last edited by ShinGojira14 on Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:22 pm Can SP Godzilla start a match at 100 meters?
Why wouldn’t he be able to? We don’t see Hedorah starting off as a tadpole or land form in every fight.
_______

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Nagoda wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:59 pm
ShinGojira14 wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:22 pm Can SP Godzilla start a match at 100 meters?
Why wouldn’t he be able to? We don’t see Hedorah starting off as a tadpole or land form in every fight.
It just says 90 meters for Ultima's bio, and I wondered if he starts a match as Ultima, does he have to start at 90 meters before growing later in the match.
Last edited by ShinGojira14 on Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:10 pm
Nagoda wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:59 pm
It just says 90 meters for Ultima's bio, and I wondered if he starts a match as Ultima, does he have to start at 90 meters before growing later in the match.
Yeah that’s fine. The 90+ thing is kinda like Jet Jaguar being allowed to double in size as a giant. Anywhere from 90 meters to the maximum of I think 180 meters is fine. Might want to ask KaijuX about the max height for Ultima. Could just say he was still growing or something since he was growing for quite a while in that red dust cloud.
_______

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Sure thing! The 90+ thing is just moreso as the equivalent to Ultima's 50 meter stage--then he just gets bigger after that. Can't be any taller than 180 meters currently.

Pair of kings.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Considering we have no idea what his actual motives are in the show, is it okay to experiment with SP Godzilla’s characterization?

For example, I can write one match with him as a typical evil overlord, another where he’s more indifferent if anything, and another where he’s just an animal acting on instinct?
Last edited by ShinGojira14 on Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.