K.W.C. - Writer Assistance Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Re: K.W.C. - Writer Assistance Thread

Post by HillyHulk »

I'm pretty sure that as long as it doesn't defeat any of the major combatants, it being part of the fight is fine (unless I'm misunderstanding t3he rules to the inclusion of non-combatants.)

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

Dunkeeni wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 6:19 am Could I use the Warbats from Godzilla vs. Kong in a match as a non-combatant? And if so, can I have it be killed so long as it doesn't get a chance to attack?
That should be fine. So long as they don’t do any major damage to the main opponent or get a final kill shot.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

So, I think I asked this question way back, but I'm asking again because I don't wanna write a match that gets Toho Kingdom sued to high heaven lmao

Could it be possible to write a match set in Disneyland/Disney World? Like, I doubt Disney would have a semi-popular Godzilla fansite in general, but just in case some bad stroke of unluckiness happens, would I have to take a lot of precautions to have a match set there? Or is the entire idea just too risky?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

I feel like I already know the answer to this question, but could we have characters from outside Toho-related media appear as just a little cameo? (Ex: A character named Mr. Wayne briefly appears with a quick "wink wink" that references Batman)

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

Dunkeeni wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:52 pm I feel like I already know the answer to this question, but could we have characters from outside Toho-related media appear as just a little cameo? (Ex: A character named Mr. Wayne briefly appears with a quick "wink wink" that references Batman)
As Long as it isn’t explicitly named Bruce Wayne, or Batman, you’re probably fine. Just don’t make any further references other than the short little cameo. Wayne Enterprises is a no. You can call someone Mr. Wayne all you want. It’s a name. Now if only that supposed Toho Batman movie went through.

Added in 2 minutes 40 seconds:
Although I don’t believe we were allowed any references to explicitly Marvel material in one match and had to replace it with Mythological Thor, so take what I just said with a grain of salt if you’d like.
_______

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

Also, one more thing. Is Utsuno Ikusagami's armor just equipped to his body? Like, does he have flesh underneath or is it just a suit of armor?

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Dunkeeni wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:14 am Also, one more thing. Is Utsuno Ikusagami's armor just equipped to his body? Like, does he have flesh underneath or is it just a suit of armor?
From the anatomy chart from the Yamato Takeru Super Complete Works:
Light-composed muscles: “Energy cores” are connected together by condensed light that form Ikusagami’s muscular structure. The rest of the body is filled with plasma.
So under that armor is light and energy.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

Dunkeeni wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:14 am Also, one more thing. Is Utsuno Ikusagami's armor just equipped to his body? Like, does he have flesh underneath or is it just a suit of armor?
Here’s the Bio.
Apparently he is a suit of armor over several energy orbs connected by plasma muscles or something like that, with Yamato Takeru inside one of the energy orbs which acts as the Brain of the armor.
_______

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

Nagoda wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:07 am
Here’s the Bio.
Apparently he is a suit of armor over several energy orbs connected by plasma muscles or something like that, with Yamato Takeru inside one of the energy orbs which acts as the Brain of the armor.
huh
neat

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

I need to remember, how exactly does Yamato transform into Utsuno? Isn't it something with the Amano bird and the Three Lights?

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

Dunkeeni wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 3:24 pm I need to remember, how exactly does Yamato transform into Utsuno? Isn't it something with the Amano bird and the Three Lights?
He combines with the three lights and the Amano Shiratori to become Utsuno. The three lights being the Shiratori Mirror, The Sword of Susanoo, and the spirit of Ameterasu joining his own Wild Spirit.
_______

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

Nagoda wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:00 pm
Dunkeeni wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 3:24 pm I need to remember, how exactly does Yamato transform into Utsuno? Isn't it something with the Amano bird and the Three Lights?
He combines with the three lights and the Amano Shiratori to become Utsuno. The three lights being the Shiratori Mirror, The Sword of Susanoo, and the spirit of Ameterasu joining his own Wild Spirit.
Alright good, thank God because I made the transformation sequence really long and I would've hated to have to rewrite it.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Considering how bat-shit crazy long and whip-like Godzilla Ultima's tail is, would it be against the rules for him to use it in a prehensile manner?
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:26 am Considering how bat-shit crazy long and whip-like Godzilla Ultima's tail is, would it be against the rules for him to use it in a prehensile manner?
I don't think his tail being prehensile would be a problem. Even Godzilla in vs. Megaguirus had a prehensile tail before the Monsterverse one did, so it should be fine.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Since Ishiro Honda makes an appearance in Match 160, I have an interesting question to ask:

Can real-life Godzilla artists and other well-known fans make cameo appearances in matches? So long as nothing violent happens to them; they could just be bystanders or they film a monster fight with a camera, or something along those lines.

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsJason »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:37 pm Since Ishiro Honda makes an appearance in Match 160, I have an interesting question to ask:

Can real-life Godzilla artists and other well-known fans make cameo appearances in matches? So long as nothing violent happens to them; they could just be bystanders or they film a monster fight with a camera, or something along those lines.
I'd say in the case of the latter, you should definitely ask for their permission first.
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Fan of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing, and Red vs Blue!

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

GodzillavsJason wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:47 pm
ShinGojira14 wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:37 pm Since Ishiro Honda makes an appearance in Match 160, I have an interesting question to ask:

I'd say in the case of the latter, you should definitely ask for their permission first.
But if they say yes, they can make a cameo in a match?

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsJason »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:10 pm
GodzillavsJason wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:47 pm

But if they say yes, they can make a cameo in a match?
You pretty much can if you have the go ahead.
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Fan of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing, and Red vs Blue!

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

As long as she doesn't partake in fighting another monster until she matures, can Megaguirus start out as a regular-sized Meganulon before becoming huge?
Last edited by ShinGojira14 on Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:53 am As long as she doesn't partake in fighting another monster until she matures, can Megaguirus start out as a regular-sized Meganulon before becoming huge?
That should be fine if you have her go through her entire life cycle before mutation. I had a Megaguirus Match with the Giant Meganulon chilling in a lake until her molting.
_______