K.W.C. - Writer Assistance Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
kaijufanforever
G-Force Personnel

Re: K.W.C. - Writer Assistance Thread

Post by kaijufanforever »

Just wanted to be clear with this.

Sense Ultra Wormholes appear in the Pokemon anime, is it alright to use them as a way to explain why kaiju start appearing in the Pocket Monster world?

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

kaijufanforever wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:47 pm Just wanted to be clear with this.

Sense Ultra Wormholes appear in the Pokemon anime, is it alright to use them as a way to explain why kaiju start appearing in the Pocket Monster world?
That is okay, since we have the anime thanks to the movies. So I don't see an issue with this, as it appears in the anime. :thumbsup:
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

kaijufanforever
G-Force Personnel

Post by kaijufanforever »

KaijuX wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:25 pm
kaijufanforever wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:47 pm Just wanted to be clear with this.

That is okay, since we have the anime thanks to the movies. So I don't see an issue with this, as it appears in the anime. :thumbsup:
Thanks 👍

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

Are we allowed to write matches that are in pre-existing continuities not made by the original creator? I'm planning on writing a match set in the "Cataclysm of the Titanverse" arc around the same time Godzilla vs. Colossal Titan takes place.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Dunkeeni wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:23 am Are we allowed to write matches that are in pre-existing continuities not made by the original creator? I'm planning on writing a match set in the "Cataclysm of the Titanverse" arc around the same time Godzilla vs. Colossal Titan takes place.
There's no problem with that at all, but it'd be best to ask the creator of said series if you can do it. Just DM Greyshot151 for permission then you can go from there. :)
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

KaijuX wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 8:19 am
Dunkeeni wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:23 am Are we allowed to write matches that are in pre-existing continuities not made by the original creator? I'm planning on writing a match set in the "Cataclysm of the Titanverse" arc around the same time Godzilla vs. Colossal Titan takes place.
There's no problem with that at all, but it'd be best to ask the creator of said series if you can do it. Just DM Greyshot151 for permission then you can go from there. :)
Awesome, thanks! Is his name on here just GreyShot151?

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Dunkeeni wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:55 am Awesome, thanks! Is his name on here just GreyShot151?
Greyshot151, yes. Not hard to miss, he has a Green name (because he's a mod). ;)

Pair of kings.

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

@Greyshot151 Is it alright if I write a match set in your "Cataclysm of the Titanverse" arc?

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

Dunkeeni wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:31 am @Greyshot151 Is it alright if I write a match set in your "Cataclysm of the Titanverse" arc?
Greetings. Definitely not opposed, but if you PM me the details of the story you'd like to write, I can assist with any issues of continuity. :huge:
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

Greyshot151 wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:50 am
Dunkeeni wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:31 am @Greyshot151 Is it alright if I write a match set in your "Cataclysm of the Titanverse" arc?
Greetings. Definitely not opposed, but if you PM me the details of the story you'd like to write, I can assist with any issues of continuity. :huge:
Awesome, Thank you! Anywhere I can PM you?

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Dunkeeni wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:28 am
If you look under the avatar, you'll find "Contact" with a little "..." bubble next to it. After that, there's another thing you click to get to the PMs, then you can type away! Though I think it's in general to the thread, but you can edit it however you wish.
Last edited by KaijuX on Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pair of kings.

CommanderPhoenix
Monarch Researcher

Post by CommanderPhoenix »

Do monsters have an "age limit"? Like we see Godzilla Junior born in GvMG2, and we know Gamera was made at some point in human history, but what about monsters like Megalon, Balkzardan, C. Rex, or Dogora? If I were to write a match set in the Carboniferous, would it be out of the question to have Megalon or Red King be combatants?

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

CommanderPhoenix wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:49 pm Do monsters have an "age limit"? Like we see Godzilla Junior born in GvMG2, and we know Gamera was made at some point in human history, but what about monsters like Megalon, Balkzardan, C. Rex, or Dogora? If I were to write a match set in the Carboniferous, would it be out of the question to have Megalon or Red King be combatants?
I'd be best to go in and see if the monster fits the mold. Like, "prehistoric monster" can amount to a lot of things depending on how you look at it. That said, from what I'm skimming, I can see them existing in that time period. Megaguirus and her swarm dominated China (and I think the world) 300 million years before the events of GXM, so the likes of Megalon or Red King existing back then should be fine.

Pair of kings.

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

CommanderPhoenix wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:49 pm Do monsters have an "age limit"? Like we see Godzilla Junior born in GvMG2, and we know Gamera was made at some point in human history, but what about monsters like Megalon, Balkzardan, C. Rex, or Dogora? If I were to write a match set in the Carboniferous, would it be out of the question to have Megalon or Red King be combatants?
I don’t believe that is an issue unless it’s one of the man made combatants like a Mechagodzilla. Unless it involves time travel for them. The rest of the monsters tend to be more natural creatures, like Anguirus and Rodan being prehistoric creatures. C-Rex and the other GTAS Mutations maybe not, but Zilla is perfectly fine due to Rulers of Earth making him an ancient monster of the natural order. Megalon would most likely be fine as he’s a Seatopian Diety, and again other origins have him depicted as ancient. Balkzardan apparently inspired Thor and other Lightning Gods so him existing millennia ago would be perfectly fine. Red King and Gomora are basically dinosaurs in the Ultra Franchise, with there literally being Gomorasaurus who then are forcibly mutated into Gomora in Ultraman Max. Unless you give an explanation for why those creatures were mutated way back in the Mesozoic eras and beyond, like say natural radioactive deposits like Element X or possibly excessive Hollow Earth Energy, or even Alien Interference, probably best to leave them alone(edit: for the more extreme mutations like the GTAS or Heisei Godzilla). Although there are various “Ancient Civilizations” you can take advantage of that existed alongside dinosaurs and Monsterverse Titans who probably had wastes or genetic mutation experiments.
Last edited by Nagoda on Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

Dunkeeni wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:28 am
You can also message me on Discord if that is easier. See here for my username/number: Greyshot151#8399
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

So, when it comes to the Gryphon, did the script ever say what alien species made him? Last i remember they just said "It was genetically engineered and the dropped it off at Earth" or something like that, but did the species that made him ever get a name?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Gigantis wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 2:18 pm So, when it comes to the Gryphon, did the script ever say what alien species made him? Last i remember they just said "It was genetically engineered and the dropped it off at Earth" or something like that, but did the species that made him ever get a name?
It'd be hilarious if it was the Xiliens all along. :xilian: :keizer:
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

CommanderPhoenix
Monarch Researcher

Post by CommanderPhoenix »

Just went and checked the script, and they never gave a name for the aliens that sent the probe.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Gigantis wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 2:18 pm So, when it comes to the Gryphon, did the script ever say what alien species made him? Last i remember they just said "It was genetically engineered and the dropped it off at Earth" or something like that, but did the species that made him ever get a name?
The alien race was never named, I assume because the plan was to expand on that in a sequel. So it's fine for the probe to serve under any of the aliens--though I champion the idea that the Gryphon serves under the Millennians due to their similarities. ;)

Pair of kings.

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

Two quick questions
1: Where did Mecha King Ghidorah's auto-repair ability come from?
2: Why is Gabara's poisonous warts listed in Godzilla PS4 a power? Don't most powers that are unused in film at least need some form of visual appearance? (ex: Showa Gigan's laser and Destroyah's chest beam)