K.W.C. - Writer Assistance Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Re: K.W.C. - Writer Assistance Thread

Post by KaijuX »

Moth wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:35 pm I am fully aware Eva-01 isn't finalized yet, so hold these questions until it's set in stone.
Will aspects from the TV show be able to be used for her or is it Rebuilds only?
Are the Berserk and Awakening forms being considered different or the same? Are those forms being allowed?
For weaponry, we are looking at including her weapons from NGE and the Rebuild films. Anything beyond that are a no-go.

Forms we'll have to see... If they're displayed in 3.0+1.0, then obviously not an issue. But if those forms aren't present, we'll try and make negotiations, because Anthony does have a stern rule when it comes to forms, not powers (powers are more in Greyshot's or my department). Berserk rides a very thin line, because that can be contested to "she angry, you die" kind of thing. Beyond becoming nigh-indestructible / accelerated regen, it's not like she gains new powers from it necessarily. Awakened would definitely be a Form without a doubt, so now comes a matter of if it appears or not.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

As someone who knows the general gist of 3.0+1.0, (I don't know if there's flashbacks of sorts)
some 3.0+1.0 spoilers
Spoiler:
Neither really appear. But I'm hoping things are more soft rule wise for 01 since this is the last of the Rebuilds being distributed and well, it'd be the same Eva-01 from that universe, it's not like Gomora for example where his EX form is for a different individual than the one in the KWC.
Honestly I'm thinking Awakening cranks up the current power level of the KWC too high to be allowed. It's basically a nigh unstoppable god from what we know about it that was only stopped due to Dues Ex Kaworu. The only thing that I think can match Awakening is maybe Ultima causing the Cataclysm while Eva-01 starts the Third Impact...
...which is why I'm asking about awakening
Last edited by Moth on Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Okay, so, I’ve been writing my Showa Godzilla trilogy for a while, and all’s been great, but there’s one thing I’m stuck on.
Spoiler:
How does Showa finish off Destoroyah?

My current plan is for Showa to grab a beaten and exhausted Destroyah’s tail, use the last bits of power in his atomic breath to fly up to the Thermosphere, and throw Dessy into space, freezing him.

I want to inject Showa’s usual “Golden Age Superman” qualities and goofiness into his abilities and fighting style…but I don’t know if it’s too much. Should I change the finisher to be something more grounded? Or keep it as it is?
Last edited by Jermobooka on Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

Jermobooka wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:19 pm Okay, so, I’ve been writing my Showa Godzilla trilogy for a while, and all’s been great, but there’s one thing I’m stuck on.
Spoiler:

My current plan is for Showa to grab a beaten and exhausted Destroyah’s tail, use the last bits of power in his atomic breath to fly up to the Thermosphere, and throw Dessy into space, freezing him.

I want to inject Showa’s usual “Golden Age Superman” qualities and goofiness into his abilities and fighting style…but I don’t know if it’s too much. Should I change the finisher to be something more grounded? Or keep it as it is?
Spoiler:
Godzilla has been in space before, so it's not unreasonable to go the extra mile and fly there personally in my opinion. Also, that's probably the most likely way to win for Godzilla Showa.
Last edited by HillyHulk on Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.

CommanderPhoenix
Monarch Researcher

Post by CommanderPhoenix »

Jermobooka wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:19 pm Okay, so, I’ve been writing my Showa Godzilla trilogy for a while, and all’s been great, but there’s one thing I’m stuck on.
Spoiler:

That's exactly as goofy as I'd expect from Showa Godzilla honestly.
Spoiler:
if you want a slightly more serious kill,, maybe Godzilla holds Destroyah in place for the JSDF's freezer cannons, then uses his atomic breath on the frozen Destroyah, shattering him with the temperature difference

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Spoiler:

This seems perfect to me.

Hell, it's no goofier then when Final Wars did it

RIP Evan.

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

For my Ghidorahs Vs Everyone Match:
Spoiler:
I have included Mecha King Ghidorah as a pretty prominent part of the story but also included GMK Ghidorah and Shin Godzilla towards the end of the conflict. I can and think I will remove Shin as a combatant but, and here's my question: Can I keep Shin as like a suspended frozen form(of which he starts as at the beginning of this story). And, will it even be possible for GMK Ghidorah and MKG to be in the same story with the changes to the roster? Gmk I can easily remove as well should the need be I think. :KingGhidorah64:

CommanderPhoenix
Monarch Researcher

Gojira1604 wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:18 am For my Ghidorahs Vs Everyone Match:
Spoiler:
I have included Mecha King Ghidorah as a pretty prominent part of the story but also included GMK Ghidorah and Shin Godzilla towards the end of the conflict. I can and think I will remove Shin as a combatant but, and here's my question: Can I keep Shin as like a suspended frozen form(of which he starts as at the beginning of this story). And, will it even be possible for GMK Ghidorah and MKG to be in the same story with the changes to the roster? Gmk I can easily remove as well should the need be I think. :KingGhidorah64:
Spoiler:
For the Ghidorah question, yeah that's totally kosher. MKG is no longer being retired, but we're still getting Millennium Ghidorah. As for the Shin question, I think it would be fine as long as he doesn't fight, same as Minilla in Gabara vs Goliath.

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

CommanderPhoenix wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:48 pm
Gojira1604 wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:18 am For my Ghidorahs Vs Everyone Match:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
For the Ghidorah question, yeah that's totally kosher. MKG is no longer being retired, but we're still getting Millennium Ghidorah. As for the Shin question, I think it would be fine as long as he doesn't fight, same as Minilla in Gabara vs Goliath.
One more question relating to
Spoiler:
Shin's frozen form, can I have another kaiju interact with the frozen boi? For example: attack or even destroy it while he's frozen. Then maybe imply he could return "one day", unfrozen. ?

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

Gojira1604 wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:56 amOne more question relating to
Spoiler:
Shin's frozen form, can I have another kaiju interact with the frozen boi? For example: attack or even destroy it while he's frozen. Then maybe imply he could return "one day", unfrozen. ?
As long as he doesn’t fight, that should be fine.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

CommanderPhoenix
Monarch Researcher

Gamera can absorb fire to heal himself, right? Could he absorb Zilla Jr.'s atomic fire breath or Baragon's Magma Heat Ray for the same effect?

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

CommanderPhoenix wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:16 am Gamera can absorb fire to heal himself, right? Could he absorb Zilla Jr.'s atomic fire breath or Baragon's Magma Heat Ray for the same effect?
Probably not the atomic rays, but the heat ray is more likely since it is basically pure heat and flame rather than atomic energy.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

CommanderPhoenix wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:16 am Gamera can absorb fire to heal himself, right? Could he absorb Zilla Jr.'s atomic fire breath or Baragon's Magma Heat Ray for the same effect?
I'd probably say Gamera absorbs "passive fire"; like the stuff that comes from explosions and the like. That said, stuff like Zilla Jr's atomic ray is too far out there.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

In my love of Ultima, I’ve decided to postpone my Showa trilogy to work on an Ultima match. There are a few things that I want to do with ‘em, but I’m not sure if they’re good or would even be accepted.
Spoiler:
Terrestris using his atomic ring to launch itself backwards into his enemy

Terrestris doing a kangaroo kick

Ultima having his tail be prehensile to do stuff like wrap/constrict his enemy

Ultima deploying four tentacles and using them as bludgeoning weapons

Ultima planting the four tentacles into the ground, raising himself up high, and coming back down in a big stomp
Thanks in advance for the advice! :D
Last edited by Jermobooka on Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Jermobooka wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:03 pm In my love of Ultima, I’ve decided to postpone my Showa trilogy to work on an Ultima match. There are a few things that I want to do with ‘em, but I’m not sure if they’re good or would even be accepted.
Spoiler:
Terrestris using his atomic ring to launch itself backwards into his enemy

Terrestris doing a kangaroo kick

Ultima having his tail be prehensile to do stuff like wrap/constrict his enemy

Ultima deploying four tentacles and using them as bludgeoning weapons

Ultima planting the four tentacles into the ground, raising himself up high, and coming back down in a big stomp
Thanks in advance for the advice! :D
Hmmm...
Spoiler:
1) No, that one is too far.

2) Same with this one, too much.

3) I guess this one is fine? I'm just a bit reluctant to say yes because it hasn't been seen.

4) Yes, that is perfectly acceptable! ;)

5) Unfortunately, too much.

Pair of kings.

CommanderPhoenix
Monarch Researcher

So the FAQ says that Junior can't turn into Heisei in the middle of a match, which makes sense. We're allowed to write Heisei as a grown up Junior though, right? As in, the growth happened before the match starts?

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

CommanderPhoenix wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:12 pm So the FAQ says that Junior can't turn into Heisei in the middle of a match, which makes sense. We're allowed to write Heisei as a grown up Junior though, right? As in, the growth happened before the match starts?
100% fine to do.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Does Legendary King Ghidorah have to be referred to as "they" or "their", or can he also be referred to as "he" or "his"? I notice that in the first three matches he appears in, he's referred to as "they", and while I don't have anything against that, I personally would prefer to write him simply as "he" or "his" in my respective matches.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:12 pm Does Legendary King Ghidorah have to be referred to as "they" or "their", or can he also be referred to as "he" or "his"? I notice that in the first three matches he appears in, he's referred to as "they", and while I don't have anything against that, I personally would prefer to write him simply as "he" or "his" in my respective matches.
Purely a stylistic choice taken by the writers of said matches, not a rule set in stone, call MV Ghidorah whatever you want.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:24 pm
ShinGojira14 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:12 pm Does Legendary King Ghidorah have to be referred to as "they" or "their", or can he also be referred to as "he" or "his"? I notice that in the first three matches he appears in, he's referred to as "they", and while I don't have anything against that, I personally would prefer to write him simply as "he" or "his" in my respective matches.
Purely a stylistic choice taken by the writers of said matches, not a rule set in stone, call MV Ghidorah whatever you want.
Great. Thanks for the input. :huge: :KingGhidorah64:
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image