K.W.C. - Writer Assistance Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Re: K.W.C. - Writer Assistance Thread

Post by KaijuX »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:59 pm Considering we have no idea what his actual motives are in the show, is it okay to experiment with SP Godzilla’s characterization?

For example, I can write one match with him as a typical evil overlord, another where he’s more indifferent if anything, and another where he’s just an animal acting on instinct?
I think it's fine to expand on it in different directions, though the character definitely holds some kind of malevolence to him. Not that that needs to be forced every match or anything, but something to keep note of.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

KaijuX wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:20 pm
ShinGojira14 wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:59 pm Considering we have no idea what his actual motives are in the show, is it okay to experiment with SP Godzilla’s characterization?

For example, I can write one match with him as a typical evil overlord, another where he’s more indifferent if anything, and another where he’s just an animal acting on instinct?
I think it's fine to expand on it in different directions, though the character definitely holds some kind of malevolence to him. Not that that needs to be forced every match or anything, but something to keep note of.
Oh, definitely. He has a certain level of, at the very least, aggression throughout the show.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

Is Rayquaza allowed to use any of his movesets so long as it an attack he can actually learn via level up or TM?

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

Dunkeeni wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 5:52 am Is Rayquaza allowed to use any of his movesets so long as it an attack he can actually learn via level up or TM?
No TMs, but if a move shows up in a movie or the anime, you can use it. Shiny Rayquaza is also allowed as a skin due to the Hoopa movie, as is Mega Rayquaza.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

Nagoda wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 7:05 am
Dunkeeni wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 5:52 am Is Rayquaza allowed to use any of his movesets so long as it an attack he can actually learn via level up or TM?
No TMs, but if a move shows up in a movie or the anime, you can use it. Shiny Rayquaza is also allowed as a skin due to the Hoopa movie, as is Mega Rayquaza.
Alright cool, thank you.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Dunkeeni wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 7:16 am
Alright cool, thank you.
As Nagoda said, more relegated to his more on-screen appearances than anything else. Will post here for those inclined!

Rayquaza: Sky High Pokémon レックウザ
Length: 200 meters (B) | 308 meters (ME)
Mass: 67,000 tons | 127,000 tons
Powers: Flight; space travel; constricting body; Hyper Beam; Ice Beam; Dragon Pulse; Twister; Dragon Ascent; Draco Meteor; Air Lock; able to Mega Evolve
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

KaijuX wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 12:44 pm
Dunkeeni wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 7:16 am

Alright cool, thank you.
As Nagoda said, more relegated to his more on-screen appearances than anything else. Will post here for those inclined!

Rayquaza: Sky High Pokémon レックウザ
Length: 200 meters (B) | 308 meters (ME)
Mass: 67,000 tons | 127,000 tons
Powers: Flight; space travel; constricting body; Hyper Beam; Ice Beam; Dragon Pulse; Twister; Dragon Ascent; Draco Meteor; Air Lock; able to Mega Evolve
Thanks for the moveset, I was getting sick of having to go to YouTube every time I needed to remember.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Can Pelops II scan peoples’ vitals/heartbeat/stress levels?

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 4:15 pm Can Pelops II scan peoples’ vitals/heartbeat/stress levels?
Maybe so long as they're connected to devices that allow him to look into it? Like I know there are those heart-rate monitor watches or whatever.

Pair of kings.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

KaijuX wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 4:47 pm
ShinGojira14 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 4:15 pm Can Pelops II scan peoples’ vitals/heartbeat/stress levels?
Maybe so long as they're connected to devices that allow him to look into it? Like I know there are those heart-rate monitor watches or whatever.
So not with an iPhone or handheld device, then.

... ... ...unless there's an app that I'm unaware of?

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 4:52 pm
KaijuX wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 4:47 pm
So not with an iPhone or handheld device, then.

... ... ...unless there's an app that I'm unaware of?
If you are going off an iPhone, if the person has an Apple Watch those things can measure those things and send the info to the iPhone.
_______

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

If we're using a version of Zilla in the match that isn't meant to be GTS Zilla, would it be okay to make his atomic breath a different color? I'm asking because some of the concept art for Godzilla 98 showed him with a blue ray, and some other artwork gave him an orange one. Not to mention, Cyber-Godzilla has a blue beam, and he's thw original Godzilla brought back to life..

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

Gigantis wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 7:17 am If we're using a version of Zilla in the match that isn't meant to be GTS Zilla, would it be okay to make his atomic breath a different color? I'm asking because some of the concept art for Godzilla 98 showed him with a blue ray, and some other artwork gave him an orange one. Not to mention, Cyber-Godzilla has a blue beam, and he's thw original Godzilla brought back to life..
There was a match with a bunch of juveniles which had different colored beams. I believe it was Godzilla Legendary vs Zilla. So that should be fine.
_______

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Gigantis wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 7:17 am If we're using a version of Zilla in the match that isn't meant to be GTS Zilla, would it be okay to make his atomic breath a different color? I'm asking because some of the concept art for Godzilla 98 showed him with a blue ray, and some other artwork gave him an orange one. Not to mention, Cyber-Godzilla has a blue beam, and he's thw original Godzilla brought back to life..
Nagoda wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 7:54 am There was a match with a bunch of juveniles which had different colored beams. I believe it was Godzilla Legendary vs Zilla. So that should be fine.
I don't think LP Godzilla vs. Zilla ever had the juveniles have different colored beams; they just had different colored skin. IIRC, only the "mother" possessed the atomic ray; the rest relegated to the gas breath. But concerning multi-colored breaths... For now I'll say no, but I'll think on it.

Pair of kings.

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

I'd say no. While the colorations are nods to the different figures released of the juveniles, the actual breath should remain to what we see. While yes, concept shows various colors, the final version approved by Toho and placed on screen possesses the iconic green tint. Concept material is great to support the final product, but its not substitute for the original.

As for Cyber-Godzilla, it was extensively modified so while its beam is blue, it could always be down to modifications performed by its creators.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

Is Showa Godzilla strictly only allowed to use one type of Atomic Breath in a match, or can he use both the 'mist' variant from the early films and his standard beam version in the same match?

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

Dunkeeni wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 6:12 am Is Showa Godzilla strictly only allowed to use one type of Atomic Breath in a match, or can he use both the 'mist' variant from the early films and his standard beam version in the same match?
Maybe? He probably could if you wanted to considering he was able to use his beam normally, and then use a variation of it to fly in Godzilla vs Hedorah.
_______

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

Nagoda wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 8:13 am
Dunkeeni wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 6:12 am Is Showa Godzilla strictly only allowed to use one type of Atomic Breath in a match, or can he use both the 'mist' variant from the early films and his standard beam version in the same match?
Maybe? He probably could if you wanted to considering he was able to use his beam normally, and then use a variation of it to fly in Godzilla vs Hedorah.
Good point. Actually now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure he did use both versions up to IoAM, before Godzilla vs. The Sea Monster made it only the animated ray.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

I don't mind that. While generally grouped together as "Atomic Ray", some sources like Toho Special Effects Movie Complete Works cite the mist-like spray he uses in GRA as "incandescent light", which I'd assume (or at least give the benefit of the doubt) that carries over when Godzilla uses the mist-like spray.

Pair of kings.

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

Could I use the Warbats from Godzilla vs. Kong in a match as a non-combatant? And if so, can I have it be killed so long as it doesn't get a chance to attack?

Added in 6 minutes 21 seconds:
Dunkeeni wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 6:12 am Could I use the Warbats and Hellhawks from Godzilla vs. Kong in a match as a non-combatant? And if so, can I have them be killed so long as it doesn't get a chance to attack or don't majorly affect the outcome of the match?