The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
godjacob
Futurian

Re: The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

Post by godjacob »

Spoiler:
Pretty fun match all around, didn't expect MV Goji to go down, but he has more than enough wins to where it won't be much of an issue and SpaceGodzilla looks strong. So solid stuff.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

The new match has some highlight moments, but overall, it shows its age pretty clearly, Joe said he wrote this before KOTM was released.

Banner’s cool.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

I like the little touches in this match
Spoiler:
like the nod to the multiple origin possibilities and the shield trick with the helicopters (using it on a attack he can just tank doesn't make sense, though)
and the match itself was pretty good.
Last edited by HillyHulk on Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Legendary Godzilla should have “prehensile tail” added to his powers/weapons list, considering he used it to drag King Kong in GvK.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:43 pm Legendary Godzilla should have “prehensile tail” added to his powers/weapons list, considering he used it to drag King Kong in GvK.
Didn't even think of that. I'll definitely be sure to include it! :)
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

CommanderPhoenix
Monarch Researcher

Post by CommanderPhoenix »

New match is up, and wow this one was brutal.
Spoiler:
Bemular shredded those poor monsters, God damn.
I really hope the implied sequel is what I think it's gonna be.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Very kickass match, loved the brutality here. Good job making Bemular a legit threat.

Both banners are cool, good job to both Soul and Nagoda.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Matches laden with great writing and sheer brutality are some of the best matches, and this one in particular did not disappoint in any way shape or form. Loved this one! :Baragon:
Spoiler:
Bemular was a goddamn wackjob psycho-killer in this one! Definitely one way to establish him as a legitimate menace!
Added in 1 hour 12 minutes 10 seconds:
I noticed that the Facebook comment section hasn’t activated for this match. Has it been shut down officially for these matches?

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:46 am I noticed that the Facebook comment section hasn’t activated for this match. Has it been shut down officially for these matches?
They were active earlier; I figured it may be just blog maintenance, but none of us really know. Maybe things'll be straight by tomorrow.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

Man the gore has been really abundant lately huh? Not sure how to feel about that....
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Moth wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:38 pm Man the gore has been really abundant lately huh? Not sure how to feel about that....
I can semi-get it, though it's not like the KWC has been gore-free before we came along. As weird as this is going to sound, I'm okay with extreme violence (torn limbs, caved in skulls, punched out teeth, etc), but actual gore is a bit of a different story. That said, the likes of the AOT live action films and Evangelion I think can at least give precedent to have it there, since it's part of their source material. It's just a matter of how it's handled. If it's too tasteless / "gore for gore's sake", then we'd probably reject it.

Pair of kings.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

To be the use of gore in a Kaiju battle should be held to a restraint. It's perfectly reasonable (And sometimes, thematically appropriately as in the case of the AOT Titans) for there to be extra blood and some bodily harm in battles. However, if one pushes it too far it can feel like having excess gore for gore's sake rather than add anything to the narrative. And I think more sparring use of such gore would make the matches it is featured more impactful rather than just creating this uncomfortable numbness if you will.

Anyway onto my feelings of the match.
Spoiler:
Well it was a brutal bout no doubt, have to admit Bemular came off as a beast and actually kinda scary which I did not expect. So good showcase for it. Action was good all around and yeah quite the graphic display.

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

This was one vicious fight (to those bothered by the recent violent stuff like I just saw in the comments, I'll just add my two cents and say there have been more vicious stories in the Internet with violent gore being all they were so it's not a big deal to me at least)
Spoiler:
with an equally vicious and slightly smart Bemular.

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

KaijuX wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:36 pm
ShinGojira14 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:46 am I noticed that the Facebook comment section hasn’t activated for this match. Has it been shut down officially for these matches?
They were active earlier; I figured it may be just blog maintenance, but none of us really know. Maybe things'll be straight by tomorrow.
They should be active now, I just updated the social component on the blog.
If it bites... don't mess with it!

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

There are some characters where Gore is unavoidable as it was part of their series or films. I’d expect some gore from matches including anyone from Gamera or the Ultra Series, especially if they are being written in their Showa counterparts for the Ultras. UltraSeven was a violent man, resorting to slicing monsters heads and limbs off when the chance showed itself, as was Ultraman at times where he chopped Red King II into thirds. Gamera monsters are always getting limbs cut off or getting stabbed in the gut. i will agree however that Gore for the sake of Gore is probably best left out of here. Some Gore is ok. Intense, borderline fetishized gore is a no go.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Nagoda wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:10 pm Some Gore is ok. Intense, borderline fetishized gore is a no go.
*Looks at edgy way i was gonna kill off Titanosaurus in a match i'm writing and sweats*

Anyway, latest match was pretty good! Nice to see Bemular be portrayed as the menace the.. first couple times he appeared wants him to be known as.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Another day, another great match to read from beginning to end, and another match added to Frankenstein's roster. Great job, Landon! :huge:
Spoiler:
And once again, Rodan kicks some ass and adds another win to his count.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Spoiler:
"Character vs. Team" fights like this are surprisingly uncommon for K.W.C's, but i think this proves they can work as well as any of them! Minilla's relationship with Frankenstein is also cute, and Rodan being the one to take victory was actually a surprise.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

CommanderPhoenix
Monarch Researcher

Post by CommanderPhoenix »

Yeah, more Frankenstein action! Frankenstein on Monster Island is an interesting concept, and I really enjoyed the pacing of it too.
Spoiler:
I'm not surprised that Rodan won, since Frankie really had nothing to do in the air.

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

Spoiler:
Okay, I'm currently reading the story and I like it so far. I'm just not sure if this is the Godzilla for it. Heisei was an animal, either attacking things in his way or out of simple self-defense. The human way of thinking here suits Showa more than Heisei but I guess that's nitpicking so I'll say more when I'm done.
Last edited by HillyHulk on Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.