If You Can Add Any Monster to KWC

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Re: If You Can Add Any Monster to KWC

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:04 pm Could Manda (Singular Point) be considered unique enough to be added to the roster?
Hybridization was tossed around as an idea, due to SP Manda not having any powers Showa and Millennium don’t have, but the massively different origin put a fork in that.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

TBF, Singular Point Season 2 looks pretty likely the way things are going on right now. Manda, and really any SP monster may still have a decent chance of showing up in the future.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:13 pm
ShinGojira14 wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:04 pm Could Manda (Singular Point) be considered unique enough to be added to the roster?
Hybridization was tossed around as an idea, due to SP Manda not having any powers Showa and Millennium don’t have, but the massively different origin put a fork in that.
What about merely separating them as different incarnations? Or is that still up for debate?
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

ShinGojira14 wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:52 pm
What about merely separating them as different incarnations? Or is that still up for debate?
SP Manda as is does not do enough to justify a spot on the roster.
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:07 pm
ShinGojira14 wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:52 pm
SP Manda as is does not do enough to justify a spot on the roster.
Fair point (although I am intrigued about their ability to come in groups).

What about the KWCE?

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

ShinGojira14 wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:52 pm What about the KWCE?
Do you even need to ask? ;)
KWCE Administrator

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

If there’s something from SP that if I feel should be added, it’s Singular Point Jet Jaguar. A hybridization with Showa JJ, at the very least
Spoiler:
Modular parts, the ability to speak, and the equipment he has (harpoon gun, Anguirus spear, helicopter backpack, wheel legs) sets him apart from normal JJ enough to make him his own character IMO. A lot of possibilities for fights and stories!
Last edited by Jermobooka on Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

SP Jet and Anguirus get my vote for SP additions despite the recent addition of Millennium Anguirus. Maybe the Rodans with the swarm operating as a fighter?
Spoiler:
Salunga feels like a shoe-in.... An all new monster with unique abilities that represent the piece of media it originated from perfectly? Give the green light already!
Mega super duper SP spoilers. Like, don't click unless you've watched EVERY episode. I'm serious.

I warned you.
Spoiler:
Hold off on adding MV MechaG. Wait to see if S2 of SP happens. This can get interesting really fast. Also Salunga is still my favorite pick but SP Jet, especially after the final fight should be a shoe-in as well. Also prepare Shin for the guillotine. Ultima is fucking nuts.
Last edited by Moth on Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

All i gotta say after watching Singular Point is..

Salunga, PLEAAAAAAAAASE

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Godzilla Ultima, I can’t say the reasons without diving into spoiler so you’ve been warn
Spoiler:
As we saw the Fight with giant JJ, Ultima is A little aggressive and fast with his claw, tail,and beam too. His beam now can burn through buildings now and Took down giant JJ with a 2 shot of it. He can take some punishment with missiles and giant JJ punches, but if he survives from exploding into crystals then his durability will be very high

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:42 am Godzilla Ultima, I can’t say the reasons without diving into spoiler so you’ve been warn
Spoiler:
As we saw the Fight with giant JJ, Ultima is A little aggressive and fast with his claw, tail,and beam too. His beam now can burn through buildings now and Took down giant JJ with a 2 shot of it. He can take some punishment with missiles and giant JJ punches, but if he survives from exploding into crystals then his durability will be very high
There's actually a bit of debate right now whether or not Shin should be retired for Ultima. Nothing finalized yet though,.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Having literally just watched the final episode of Godzilla: Singular Point, I can say with 100% confidence...

Keep Shin Godzilla.

Spoiler:
Godzilla Ultima is cool and definitely intimidating, but he honestly brings nothing new to the table. His beam looks neat with the ring effects, but that's all, really. He doesn't possess the flesh-tentacle-things of his earlier form and that's the most unique ability out of all four of his forms, and it's not like the red mist is actually a weapon of his (nor does it DO anything even if it was). His earlier Titanosaurus and Varan forms are just about as unknown fighting-potential-wise as Kamata-kun and Shinagawa-kun, which aren't allowed anyway. And when Ultima unleashes his beam on the city, all it does is slice through/melt buildings exactly like Shin's. Shin Godzilla, meanwhile, at least has the ability to fire beams from his fins and tail, which is more unique than anything Ultima has shown thus far. While I understand things may change in future seasons, currently all Godzilla Ultima is, is "Shin Godzilla, just slightly different and with less powers."

Now, as for monsters from Singular Point that SHOULD be added... Jet Jaguar and Anguirus are no brainers. Jet Jaguar can speak and wields the Anguirus Spear. Anguirus possesses the ability of precognition and can make his shell go all wobbly to deflect enemy attacks. They're perfect for the KWC. Other great potential additions would be Salunga (besides the usual electric grip, his jumping and climbing skills rival MonsterVerse Kong's, and he just seemingly can't be killed!) and MAYBE Rodan (if you want to go down the "one big one and a lot of small ones" route). I would also love to suggest Kumonga/Kamanga/Hanenga/Zenbunga as well (even moreso than Salunga and Rodan), but I realize they might be iffy due to their inner Hedorah forms being a little unknown. But I think a hive of killer zombie spider monsters that don't die even when they're cut in half could make for some really fun matches.
That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it!
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

I just don't know. Yes, Shin and Ultima share a ton of abilities.. on the other hand though, Ultima's Archetype powers literally warp all of space itself (which could actually be the most broken ability in the entire roster if he's allowed in.) and i feel like he could also keep some of the powers that Amphibia and Terrestris has (blood tentacles and ice vapor breath, rather unique), unlike Shin who can only use his fourth forms power and a very limited range of evolution powers you could give him. Ultima just feels like you could be more loss with his powerset, and Shin is just so.. strict in comparison to him.

But yeah, SP Anguirus and Salunga for sure. An ankylosaur that can legit have Shulk's future visions and a green monke who just tells the grim reaper to go skreoonk himself when he dies is too good to pass up as combatants!
Last edited by Gigantis on Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Gigantis wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:28 pmUltima's Archetype powers literally warp all of space itself (which could actually be the most broken ability in the entire roster if he's allowed in.)
There are two problems with this:

Spoiler:
1) Ultima doesn't actually warp reality at any point. The catastrophe is stopped before anything can happen. As such, it would require a bunch of imagination and making stuff up to work with, the same as Shin's evolution ability, which is off the table for that very reason. 2) If Greyshot and co. say "screw it" and allow people to go crazy with Ultima's reality warping (in which case they oughta do the same for Shin's powers), then I feel like the ability would make Ultima so broken and OP that he shouldn't even be on the roster.
Gigantis wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:28 pmi feel like he could also keep some of the powers that Amphibia and Terrestris has (blood tentacles and ice vapor breath, rather unique)
This would be like giving Mothra the Mothra Larva's web spray, though. Just because a monster's baby form can do something doesn't mean the fully formed adult can.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Ok, everyone! In case you missed the latest podcast (or didn’t watch it because you hate us :lol: ), there are two SP reps that are pretty much confirmed.
Spoiler:
Jet Jaguar and Salunga.
All of the rest are still up in the air, except Manda and Rodan which is not happening.

As well, we are waiting for the official Singular Point guidebook to drop in mid-July, and then probably a week or two later due to KaijuX needing to get it shipped from Japan. Just to confirm things and make sure we have all the information before we move onward.
KWCE Administrator

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:51 pm Ok, everyone! In case you missed the latest podcast (or didn’t watch it because you hate us :lol: ), there are two SP reps that are pretty much confirmed.
Spoiler:
Salunga.
Spoiler:
I CAN WRITE MATCH WITH BEST MONKE?!

WOOOO I'M STARTING TOMORROW-

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:51 pmthere are two SP reps that are pretty much confirmed.
Spoiler:
Jet Jaguar and Salunga.
GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:51 pmRodan ... is not happening.
Yeah, that's fair. I guess between Heisei and MonsterVerse there's no real need to, plus we already have the "multiples in a flock" thing with Gyaos.

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

>the two SP reps
YES!!!! YES!!!!!!!!
Literally PERFECT.

I know Ultima is going to require a longer process if people decide to go forward with him. But those two alone, beautiful. There's honestly a very well written FB post in the comments of Shin vs Legendary that goes into detail why people are talking Ultima at all, I feel like if restrictions are loosened on Shin, there could be a lot done with him.
Spoiler:
Holding out for Anguirus.
Last edited by Moth on Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Love these boys so I'm very happy to see this.
Spoiler:
still holding out for Anguiurus and the Kumonga horde||

RIP Evan.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Moth wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:36 am There's honestly a very well written FB post in the comments of Shin vs Legendary that goes into detail why people are talking Ultima at all, I feel like if restrictions are loosened on Shin, there could be a lot done with him.
There’s so much I want to do with Shin, but from what I can tell I’m unable to do due to the restrictions.