Change to Edit Timing

A place for users to address comments, suggestions, submissions, or errors found on Toho Kingdom and its forum.
Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Re: Change to Edit Timing

Post by Terasawa »

The problem with that is that there are hundreds of silent accounts that could theoretically be him. IIRC, he already had one alternate account from before his initial ban. That's a lot of monitoring instead of just making this change which is really only a minor inconvenience for the rest of us.

Pre-30-minute edit: Sorry, didn't mean to next-page you, Gigantis-san.
Last edited by Terasawa on Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Beast Blood wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:22 pm I'll just annoy Gira to get him to fix it if I notice one 31 minutes after I post.
Not sure if this was just a gag but...please don't do this? Yeah some people are really anal about spelling and what-not but don't PM the mods for minor things like this. Messaging a mod to edit a post should only be done so if its for a significant contribution i.e. editing a poll or adding additonal information.

Beast Blood
G-Force Personnel

Post by Beast Blood »

UltramanGoji wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:40 pm
Beast Blood wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:22 pm I'll just annoy Gira to get him to fix it if I notice one 31 minutes after I post.
Not sure if this was just a gag but...please don't do this? Yeah some people are really anal about spelling and what-not but don't PM the mods for minor things like this. Messaging a mod to edit a post should only be done so if its for a significant contribution i.e. editing a poll or adding additonal information.
I was joking. It's meant to reference both my Grammar Nazi-ness and the fact that Gira is so busy most of the time.

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

Just wanted to note that we are still tweaking this process based on feedback in this thread, which has been appreciated. One of those changes is that we are extending the editing time beyond the original 30 minutes and adjusting how editing works for thread owners on their opening post to see how this plays out.
Last edited by Arbok on Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If it bites... don't mess with it!

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

Are all of these new rules due to only one member? What a pathetic human.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Misato stans just built different.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

What kind of person was this "Omegazilla" exactly, and why was he banned?

Forgive me, up until two days ago I was entirely unaware of his existence and what was happening.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:04 am What kind of person was this "Omegazilla" exactly, and why was he banned?
Making a long story short: dude is an absolute lunatic who had a fake nice guy persona, but immediately dropped it once he got banned for spreading misinformation about COVID and then he started creating a bunch of sock puppet accounts and sent gore photos to members and staff.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Let's try to keep this clear as much as we can so staff can provide updates.

If anyone has any questions about the situation, or why we're having these changes, please feel free to message anyone on the staff.

Thank you everyone for your patience and understanding.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

It was not possible to make it so that the the creator of a thread could edit the first post? For normal everyday discussion I don't think this would be too much of a impact but for much more creative focuses such as fanfiction, KWCE, the RPG forums, polls and vote threads, news, and more. This is going to be a monkey wrench for them

Omega sure is a persistent weirdo ain't he

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

MireGojira
Monsterland Worker

Post by MireGojira »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:17 pm Speaking honestly, I understand your concerns everyone and will personally edit ANY post that needs to be edited after the time limit if it means avoiding the shit we've been forced to see

Added in 43 seconds:
goji89 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:01 pm
Is that option still available? Only because I need to edit a post that has long past the editing time.

GojiFan1999
Ronin

Post by GojiFan1999 »

It's a nice perspective. However, if you miss those 30 minutes you can't change anything, just add a new comment.