War movie category for main site?

A place for users to address comments, suggestions, submissions, or errors found on Toho Kingdom and its forum.
Purzel2205
Samurai

War movie category for main site?

Post by Purzel2205 »

I think it would be really useful if there was an additional war movie category for the movies on the main site. Toho made looots of them and it's very easy to lose track. Actually I'm quite baffled at how noone did this already, we even have a category for the disaster films which are just a handful :eh:
Did you ever hear the tragedy of Gigantis, the fire monster? I thought not. It's not a story the Toho studios would tell you...

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Re: War movie category for main site?

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Purzel2205 wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 5:44 pm I think it would be really useful if there was an additional war movie category for the movies on the main site. Toho made looots of them and it's very easy to lose track. Actually I'm quite baffled at how noone did this already, we even have a category for the disaster films which are just a handful :eh:
I think in general diversifying the categories (more than just War movies) would be nice too.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Purzel2205
Samurai

Post by Purzel2205 »

Just noticed that "Eternal Zero" from 2013 isn't represented on the main site at all or at least I can't find it. It was the 2nd highest grossing Japanese film of 2013 and a big success.
It wasn't produced by Toho, but still distributed by them (like the Gamera Heisei trilogy).

The admins really don't seem to care much about the war movies. There are so many films in the TohoKingdom film list that nobody has ever heard of and for some reason this important modern Toho film is missing :?:

(I decided to post this in this thread because it's another great example of the Toho war movies not getting enough love on this website. I still can't really believe that this movie is missing so If I am really just stupid and missed it, please tell me. Or maybe there's even another reason for it missing?)
Did you ever hear the tragedy of Gigantis, the fire monster? I thought not. It's not a story the Toho studios would tell you...

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

Purzel2205 wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:09 pmThere are so many films in the TohoKingdom film list that nobody has ever heard of and for some reason this important modern Toho film is missing :?:
It just comes down to manpower. No intentional snubs going on.

While it's not super time consuming to add a new film to the site, it does take some devoted focus from someone (usually me). So any film not added is generally not because I'm snubbing it but just haven't found time to add it.
If it bites... don't mess with it!