Main Site Errors

A place for users to address comments, suggestions, submissions, or errors found on Toho Kingdom and its forum.
Angilas
Ronin

Main Site Errors

Post by Angilas »

Good Afternoon!

I noticed a few errors on the main site. I didn't see a thread for general main site errors, so I decided to post them here:

On the Aliens, SDF, and Misc page, CH-47J Chinook and Sadako both link to the wrong bio.

On the Monster Bios page, Orga (Phase II) links to the correct page, but the wrong anchor.

On the Godzilla vs. Megaguirus page, the Monsters section seems to be missing.

Just a quick heads up!

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Re: Main Site Errors

Post by Terasawa »

An addition, not an error: at least six shots of the Fuji eruption in Godzilla vs Mothra are actually stock shots from Submersion of Japan.

Resized Image

Resized Image
Last edited by Terasawa on Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

BUMP THREAD!

Shouldn't Godzilla (MV) also have the Titan Call like Ghidorah does, after all he does the same thing in Dominion when ordering the Titans home.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

Angilas wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:02 am Good Afternoon!

I noticed a few errors on the main site. I didn't see a thread for general main site errors, so I decided to post them here:

On the Aliens, SDF, and Misc page, CH-47J Chinook and Sadako both link to the wrong bio.

On the Monster Bios page, Orga (Phase II) links to the correct page, but the wrong anchor.

On the Godzilla vs. Megaguirus page, the Monsters section seems to be missing.

Just a quick heads up!
Thanks, fixed all of these.
Terasawa wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:09 pm An addition, not an error: at least six shots of the Fuji eruption in Godzilla vs Mothra are actually stock shots from Submersion of Japan.
Great eye! Never noticed this with the different aspect ratio, but should have. This just went up.

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 2:50 pmShouldn't Godzilla (MV) also have the Titan Call like Ghidorah does, after all he does the same thing in Dominion when ordering the Titans home.
Yeah to be honest his whole bio needs to be updated... it really still doesn't reflect anything from Godzilla: King of the Monsters onward.
If it bites... don't mess with it!

VGF2615
Yojimbo

Post by VGF2615 »

Most of the videos in the Videos section of Godzilla Unleashed don't seem to work anymore. I'd love to be able to watch the PAX footage and Jeremiah Cohn Interview.

https://www.tohokingdom.com/vg/godzilla ... ideos.html

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

Accidentally posted this on the forum errors thread, but here it is again.

From the fairly recent Expo update:
Akira Ifukube's "Storm" theme from the Expo was featured the following year in the trailer for Godzilla vs. Hedorah (1971).
The piece used in the Hedorah trailer was actually "Volcano", not "Storm".

EDIT 29.7.2021

From the new Tokyo Olympiad Blu-ray review:
Tokyo Olympiad is presented in its original aspect ratio of 1.37:1.
It definitely doesn't look like the academy ratio.
Last edited by G-Matt on Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

G-Matt wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:56 amThe piece used in the Hedorah trailer was actually "Volcano", not "Storm".
Thanks, fixed on that page.
G-Matt wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:56 amFrom the new Tokyo Olympiad Blu-ray review:
Tokyo Olympiad is presented in its original aspect ratio of 1.37:1.
It definitely doesn't look like the academy ratio.
Oops, also fixed.
Terasawa wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:29 am This Half Human poster is mirrored. :)
Holy cow, that's definitely a someone was working too late update. Thanks for catching, fixed.

ElijahSky
Monarch Researcher

Post by ElijahSky »

The update on the main page lists the Antarctic Kong as Trendmasters, not Playmates.

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

ElijahSky wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:53 pm The update on the main page lists the Antarctic Kong as Trendmasters, not Playmates.
Thanks for catching, this was fixed.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Imperial Navy's unusual international title. :P

Resized Image

And in case there's any doubt, the title on the export version is simply "Imperial Navy" (no definite article).

寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

Terasawa wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:16 am Imperial Navy's unusual international title. :P
Oops, thanks, will fix this during the next update.
Terasawa wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:16 amAnd in case there's any doubt, the title on the export version is simply "Imperial Navy" (no definite article).
This is the 1983 version that Toho International distributed right? I find the titles of the 1980's and early 1990's so confusing at times... like they registered this film with the US copyright office with the international title "The Imperial Navy" and then the very next year drop "the" from it. Normally I would say that means their preferred English title is just "Imperial Navy", but modern sources still use "The Imperial Navy" like publications in the late 1990's and the Cinema-kan soundtrack that was released two years ago.

Also, why couldn't they have just used "The Grand Fleet"? I mean it's a cooler title anyway and it's plastered all over the Japanese posters in English. Instead we got that logo redesigned with the GF emblem next to "The Imperial Navy" which ignores that the GF was standing for Grand Fleet.

EDIT:

The logo in question, just so people can see the GF isn't exactly a subtle part of the logo.
Last edited by Arbok on Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Arbok wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:06 pm
Terasawa wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:16 amAnd in case there's any doubt, the title on the export version is simply "Imperial Navy" (no definite article).
This is the 1983 version that Toho International distributed right? I find the titles of the 1980's and early 1990's so confusing at times... like they registered this film with the US copyright office with the international title "The Imperial Navy" and then the very next year drop "the" from it. Normally I would say that means their preferred English title is just "Imperial Navy", but modern sources still use "The Imperial Navy" like publications in the late 1990's and the Cinema-kan soundtrack that was released two years ago.
I think there was considerable miscommunication between the various Japanese Toho subsidiaries and Toho International, especially during that period. For example, the 1991 Godzilla film's English title is "Godzilla vs. King Ghidora" (or "KingGhidora") in Japanese materials (theater program, other promotional tie-ins), but "Godzilla vs King Ghidorah" in materials distributed by Toho International and, significantly, the title on the export version itself. It's frustrating that the various Toho companies couldn't always get on the same page in regards to the supposedly official titles of its films.

As far as this film is concerned, I've seen "The Imperial Navy" only in the copyright document and in a 1983 Los Angeles Times review. On the other hand, here are two pages from the October 14, 1981 edition of Variety where the film is "Imperial Navy," sans definite article, in two Toho International ads. The video I shared previously is taken from the export version, released here on VHS by Sony. Their sleeve surprisingly doesn't offer a clue as to when it was released, but I'd be surprised if it was available before 1985.

I know Japanese publications and materials use different English titles for some films, but I'm not sure those decisions are always informed by Toho International.

And thanks for sharing the Grand Fleet logo! I was looking for that the other day after you mentioned it in the Imperial Navy update but I couldn't find a good image online.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

When you click on the poster for Lone Wolf and Cub: White Heaven in Hell, it says Mexico Poster.
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

G-Matt wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:18 pm When you click on the poster for Lone Wolf and Cub: White Heaven in Hell, it says Mexico Poster.
Thanks, fixed this!

VGF2615
Yojimbo

Godzilla Unleashed Video Issues on Main Site

Post by VGF2615 »

Most of the videos in the Videos section of Godzilla Unleashed don't seem to work anymore. Does anyone have any of the Pax Footage and/or Jeremiah Cohn Interview archived? They don't seem to be anywhere else and it would be a shame if there were lost to time.

https://www.tohokingdom.com/vg/godzilla ... ideos.html

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

From the new Godzilla vs. Evangelion ride article:
the Eva-1 unit piloted by Shinji Hikari
Shinji's family name is Ikari.

SpiderZilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by SpiderZilla »

On the DVDs & Blu-Rays page, clicking the column headers on the 3rd table (previously released Blu-rays) is supposed to change the sorting of the 3rd table but instead it changes the sorting of the 2nd table (previously released DVDs).

Marciosss
Yojimbo

Post by Marciosss »

On Terror of mechagodzilla site, Polish poster with running guy is actually poster of "Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla". Under title you can see the name of the director, Jun Fukuda.

"Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla" 1974 in polish cinemas, on dvd and TV was titled "Terror Mechagodzilli" (literally Terror of Mechagodzilla)

"Terror of Mechagodzilla" in cinemas was titled "Powrót Mechagodzilli" (The Return of Mechagodzilla) which is actually more faithtfull to actual Japanese title.

On VHS for both movies was used literall translation of english title.

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

G-Matt wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 8:52 pm From the new Godzilla vs. Evangelion ride article:
the Eva-1 unit piloted by Shinji Hikari
Shinji's family name is Ikari.
Thanks, fixed this.
SpiderZilla wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:52 pm On the DVDs & Blu-Rays page, clicking the column headers on the 3rd table (previously released Blu-rays) is supposed to change the sorting of the 3rd table but instead it changes the sorting of the 2nd table (previously released DVDs).
Yikes, wonder how long that was broken for. This has also been fixed, thanks for explaining the issue so clearly.
Marciosss wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 4:28 am On Terror of mechagodzilla site, Polish poster with running guy is actually poster of "Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla". Under title you can see the name of the director, Jun Fukuda.
Oops, thanks for catching this. It has also been fixed.