Discussion: Main Site Updates

A place for users to address comments, suggestions, submissions, or errors found on Toho Kingdom and its forum.
UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Re: Discussion: Main Site Updates

Post by UltimateDitto »

Nice to see Gororin get some love.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

I think the Trilopod (Hybrid) page should be updated just a little bit.

One Trilopod Hybrid is shown using its laser beams; specifically, the Megaguirus Trilopod.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Not going to lie here. I love the fact we FINALLY got their stats, but I was really hoping we'd get separate bios for each hybrid.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:36 pm I think the Trilopod (Hybrid) page should be updated just a little bit.

One Trilopod Hybrid is shown using its laser beams; specifically, the Megaguirus Trilopod.
Are you referring toooooooo this part?

To my untrained eye, this looked more like the Megaguiruspod using Megaguirus's supersonic fireball attack, since it had just snatched up her powers and showing off its parasitic abilities. It fires one giant condensed attack, leaving a trail because that would be the easiest way to capture movement of an energy attack in a comic. Meanwhile, the chest beams are 6 thin, separate blasts of energy. But best way to clear that up would probably be to yell at Matt about it :)
Mac Daddy MM wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:28 pm Not going to lie here. I love the fact we FINALLY got their stats, but I was really hoping we'd get separate bios for each hybrid.
This was what I was really tempted to do early on, but making the single "Hybrid" page was more KaijuX's suggestion. While I love the idea of just a bunch of random Trilopod hybrid pages, given they all lack official stats, don't have any actual names, all share the same absorbing bite/laser beam powers + their host abilities, and some hybrids just straight up disappear from the story (or die and suddenly resurrect in a special case), it felt a lot cleaner this way... Also, getting their separate main bio images would've been a massive pain in the ass :lol:
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

GigaBowserG wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:59 pm
ShinGojira14 wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:36 pm I think the Trilopod (Hybrid) page should be updated just a little bit.

Are you referring toooooooo this part?

https://i.imgur.com/SmXieWS.png

To my untrained eye, this looked more like the Megaguiruspod using Megaguirus's supersonic fireball attack, since it had just snatched up her powers and showing off its parasitic abilities. It fires one giant condensed attack, leaving a trail because that would be the easiest way to capture movement of an energy attack in a comic. Meanwhile, the chest beams are 6 thin, separate blasts of energy. But best way to clear that up would probably be to yell at Matt about it :)
Mac Daddy MM wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:28 pm Not going to lie here. I love the fact we FINALLY got their stats, but I was really hoping we'd get separate bios for each hybrid.
This was what I was really tempted to do early on, but making the single "Hybrid" page was more KaijuX's suggestion. While I love the idea of just a bunch of random Trilopod hybrid pages, given they all lack official stats, don't have any actual names, all share the same absorbing bite/laser beam powers + their host abilities, and some hybrids just straight up disappear from the story (or die and suddenly resurrect in a special case), it felt a lot cleaner this way... Also, getting their separate main bio images would've been a massive pain in the ass :lol:
Ahhh, okay. For the longest time, whenever I looked at the Trilopod bio in the KWC Monster Bios and I read the "Laser Beams" bit, I thought they were referring to that scene with the Megaguirus Trilopod shooting Godzilla. I didn't even think about the concept art.

Oh well. :shrug:

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

So the Zone Fighter audio clip sounds like he's screaming "FUCK!"

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:47 am So the Zone Fighter audio clip sounds like he's screaming "skreeonk!"
LOL

That's just one of his battle cries, most of which, if not all, were recycled from Ultraman Ace, I think.
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

"Ending his life"?

El Gusano didn't look very dead to me. He looked pretty fine, and he audibly grunted when he hit the ground.

And according to Wikizilla, he was rounded up to Monster Island.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:48 pmAnd according to Wikizilla, he was rounded up to Monster Island.
But according to Godzilla: The Series (which I would suggest going with over Wikizilla), he was never seen again after "Monster Wars."
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

TitanoGoji16 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:35 pm
ShinGojira14 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:48 pmAnd according to Wikizilla, he was rounded up to Monster Island.
But according to Godzilla: The Series (which I would suggest going with over Wikizilla), he was never seen again after "Monster Wars."
It looks like, to me, all the mutations in "Monster War" were sent to Monster Island. In "S.C.A.L.E.", we only saw a small part of the island; we didn't see all of it.

And, IIRC, according to the picture at Wikizilla, there was one larger island and a few smaller ones around it. Any one of those could've been used to contain at least one or more of the mutations if there was no room on the main island.

It's like the Ogasawara (Bonin) Islands in DAM and in real life - again, there's at least one larger island (maybe more) and lots of smaller ones surrounding it.

That's just my take on this matter. Do with it what you will.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Skeetra was knocked unconscious by the “ultimate bug zapper”; she wasn’t killed.

She’s shown being rounded up into Monster Island afterwards.
Last edited by ShinGojira14 on Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:03 pmSkeetra was knocked unconscious by the “ultimate bug zapper”; she wasn’t killed.

To be fair, that could just as easily be them disposing of her body. They're obviously not gonna just leave her laying next to the generator.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

TitanoGoji16 wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:12 pm
ShinGojira14 wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:03 pmSkeetra was knocked unconscious by the “ultimate bug zapper”; she wasn’t killed.

To be fair, that could just as easily be them disposing of her body. They're obviously not gonna just leave her laying next to the generator.
Perhaps it would be more fitting to end the article with saying her fate remains unknown…?

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Just a small bit of news regarding Battle Line.
Apparently in the Season 0 "Thunderous Roar" there was a special 3rd Force Option for that can be added within the locations description of the Battle Line page.

Ghidorah 3rd Force Invasion Alert
Tokyo Day and Night

Mothra 3rd Force Invasion Alert
New York Day and Night

Godzilla18
Samurai

Post by Godzilla18 »

I don't know if this has been brought up or not in the other forums but when is Legendary Godzilla and Kong's Bios going to be updated to include the events of KOTM, GVK, and the comics that came after the movies and also include their other powers and skill sets displayed in those media?
A monster? A king? A god? Or is Godzilla all three?

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Congratulations to Andrew your promotion to content editor!

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

I've got two things for some of the lists in the Movies section.

First, on the Movies list and the Genres list, it should say "Kaiju Movies", not "Kaiju Films", as the first name is used on the actual list's title.

Second, these next things are either additions or corrections, all involving official American theatrical titles and (in three cases) official American home video titles, which, I presume, are used for all of the movie lists on this website. I'll be using the various lists and what needs to be fixed in, or added to, what films in which lists.

Movies, Godzilla Movies, Kaiju Movies, Science Fiction and Live Action

*Godzilla (Godzilla, King of the Monsters!),
*Godzilla Raids Again (Gigantis the Fire Monster),
*Mothra vs. Godzilla (Godzilla vs. the Thing, Godzilla vs. Mothra),
*Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster (Ghidrah the Three-Headed Monster),
*Invasion of Astro-Monster (Monster Zero, Godzilla vs. Monster Zero),
*Godzilla vs. Gigan (Godzilla on Monster Island),
*Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla (Godzilla vs. the Bionic Monster, Godzilla vs. the Cosmic Monster),
*Terror of Mechagodzilla (The Terror of Godzilla)

Movies, Science Fiction and Live Action

*The Legend of the White Serpent (Madame White Snake)
*The Secret of the Telegian

Movies, Science Fiction, Live Action and Horror

*H-Man (The H-Man)
*Matango (Attack of the Mushroom People, Matango: Attack of the Mushroom People)

Godzilla Movies, Kaiju Movies and Science Fiction

*Godzilla vs. Mothra (Godzilla and Mothra: The Battle for Earth)

Kaiju Movies and Science Fiction

*Gamera 2: Advent of Legion (Gamera 2: Attack of Legion)

Science Fiction and Disaster

*Submersion of Japan (Tidal Wave)

Other than this, everything is perfect. If these could please be included, that would be great! Thanks!
Last edited by mikelcho on Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:13 pm, edited 13 times in total.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

The Quetzalcoatl bio messed up on one part.

John Pannozzi
Monsterland Worker

Post by John Pannozzi »

Here's a movie that Toho distributed, and it was shown alongside Game King in 1986:

Running Boy: The Secret of Star Soldier (RUNNING BOY スター・ソルジャーの秘密』 , or ランニングボーイ スター・ソルジャーのひみつ ), a 55-minute animated film produced by Filmlink International. Japanese Wikipedia entry, allcinema entry.
Friends don't lie.

Godzilla18
Samurai

Post by Godzilla18 »

So I guess Godzilla and Kong's BIOS are not going to be updated in favor of new monsters from other media being added in first.
A monster? A king? A god? Or is Godzilla all three?