Suggestions/Changes for the TK Forum

A place for users to address comments, suggestions, submissions, or errors found on Toho Kingdom and its forum.
PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Re: board styles.

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

Can we get some anime/Studio Ghibli board styles? Maybe Howls Moving Castle, Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, or My Neighbor Totoro?

Also can we get more Anime user avatars? Such as Howl’s Castle, his bird; The no face from Spirited Away and maybe the dragon; as well as more Princess Mononoke avatars, such as the forest gods?
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

Dr.Cgad
Samurai

Re: board styles.

Post by Dr.Cgad »

Mononoke is my favorite film of all time.
Try not to get sucked into the vortex of hell Billy!

Rhedosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Re: Suggestions/Changes for the TK Forum

Post by Rhedosaurus »

I'm sure somebody asked this, but I hope nobody else minds me asking this.

Will we ever get a multi-quote choice?

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Rhedosaurus wrote:I'm sure somebody asked this, but I hope nobody else minds me asking this.

We kinda do...but it its a stretch for some.

I personally just Middle Mouse click the "reply to post" that will open in a new tab and copy and paste the pre-set up quotes into the last post I opened up.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

SpaceG92 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:I'm sure somebody asked this, but I hope nobody else minds me asking this.

I personally just Middle Mouse click the "reply to post" that will open in a new tab and copy and paste the pre-set up quotes into the last post I opened up.
Well, this is fucking brilliant.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

SpaceG92 wrote:

That's a good idea.
Maritonic wrote:
SpaceG92 wrote:

Well, this is skreeonking brilliant.
I agree.

See what I did there? :D

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

The Foe function is the most useless fucking feature on the forum.

What is the point of adding someone to that list if:

a.) I can still get notifications from these users if they quote my messages (no doubt to try and provoke me or some other annoying reason)
b.) There's a giant mcfuckhuge box saying "X USER IS ON YOUR IGNORE LIST AND HAS MADE A POST, WANNA VIEW IT?"

These are both extremely counter-productive to the entire purpose of an ignore/foe list. I really hope these are priority things to work on because they provide little to no actual solutions to the problems they were created to solve.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

I didn't even know there was a foe list! Sounds silly!
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Godzilla21 wrote:I didn't even know there was a foe list! Sounds silly!
It used to not be, strangely.

Back when Vega was around, it made the user's posts and posting history completely erased. You never saw the dumb box in threads, you never saw them show up on the main topic list as a new post, it was as if the user just NEVER existed on the site. It was bliss.

Another great feature was the ability to blacklist topics, which basically did the same thing. That would be a perfect tool to have right now in the age of spoilers.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

UltramanGoji wrote:

Back when Vega was around, it made the user's posts and posting history completely erased. You never saw the dumb box in threads, you never saw them show up on the main topic list as a new post, it was as if the user just NEVER existed on the site. It was bliss.

Another great feature was the ability to blacklist topics, which basically did the same thing. That would be a perfect tool to have right now in the age of spoilers.
Wow interesting. #LongliveVega

Who changed it to the way it is now?
SpaceG92 wrote:

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Godzilla21 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:

Wow interesting. #LongliveVega

Who changed it to the way it is now?
Nobody intentionally changed it. The shift to new servers(?) caused the old additions to be removed.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

UltramanGoji wrote:

That does sound ideal. Especially as I'm contemplating that I may have to leave the site for a couple of months after Planet Eater comes out, because it'll be that long before I get the chance to watch it and I really don't want spoilers. :)

Added in 1 minute 38 seconds:
UltramanGoji wrote:The Foe function is the most useless skreeonking feature on the forum.

What is the point of adding someone to that list if:

a.) I can still get notifications from these users if they quote my messages (no doubt to try and provoke me or some other annoying reason)
b.) There's a giant mcfuckhuge box saying "X USER IS ON YOUR IGNORE LIST AND HAS MADE A POST, WANNA VIEW IT?"

These are both extremely counter-productive to the entire purpose of an ignore/foe list. I really hope these are priority things to work on because they provide little to no actual solutions to the problems they were created to solve.
I mean, at least it still does have a function. As long as you can curb your curiosity- which I usually can't, and just go check to see what they have to say anyway, even though I'm 99% sure it will annoy me, hence why I added them to the list in the first place. ;)
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzilla Vinyl Mania »

I think a like button is a good feature for a post. Probably will reduce some quote posts.
Resized Image
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Godzilla Vinyl Mania wrote:I think a like button is a good feature for a post. Probably will reduce some quote posts.
Like.

(See?)
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Godzilla Vinyl Mania wrote:I think a like button is a good feature for a post. Probably will reduce some quote posts.
Vega was toying with this idea in the past but a bunch of people came out against it for some reason. I go to other forums that use an upvote feature and it works just fine.
SpaceG92 wrote:

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

Zarm wrote:
Like.

(See?)
Yeah, but I dont feel it.
Resized Image
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Godzilla21 wrote:
Vega was toying with this idea in the past but a bunch of people came out against it for some reason. I go to other forums that use an upvote feature and it works just fine.
I think it's an unnecessary addition. It adds nothing to the forum. And if it's structured to show who actually liked posts, it could lead to potential problems.

That said, if it were implemented I wouldn't really care. I'd probably never use it, though. I just don't want something mundane like that taking priority over Foe list fixes and the implementation of the Blacklist Thread option.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

UltramanGoji wrote: it could lead to potential problems.
What potential problems may I ask? Im on the AVS forums and many forums that have Disqus. I have been frequenting these forums for many years and never encountered an issue
SpaceG92 wrote:

Godzilla Vinyl Mania
G-Force Personnel

UltramanGoji wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:
I think it's an unnecessary addition. It adds nothing to the forum. And if it's structured to show who actually liked posts, it could lead to potential problems.

That said, if it were implemented I wouldn't really care. I'd probably never use it, though. I just don't want something mundane like that taking priority over Foe list fixes and the implementation of the Blacklist Thread option.
I am a member of other forums and it works well. Nothing wrong with liking a post, a new aquisition, collection photos etc...without needing to add unecessary quote/I like replies.
Resized Image

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Im on it actually........I am somebody's foe here...... :lol: . I am the Joker to his Batman, King Ghidorah to his Godzilla. We are bitter enemies yet he is the Yin to my Yang.

You can see their name but cant see their post....that is unless you click on it to see it.