Suggestions/Changes for the TK Forum

A place for users to address comments, suggestions, submissions, or errors found on Toho Kingdom and its forum.
Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Re: Suggestions/Changes for the TK Forum

Post by Maritonic »

Stupid thought; moderator/admin approval for new thread opening? Like when you type one up and submit it, it's sent to an admin who can either approve it or move it to it's appropriate thread?
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Maritonic wrote:Stupid thought; moderator/admin approval for new thread opening? Like when you type one up and submit it, it's sent to an admin who can either approve it or move it to it's appropriate thread?
While this would be a good idea to counter idiotic threads, I feel it would also hamper the flow of discussion a bit.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Maritonic wrote:Stupid thought; moderator/admin approval for new thread opening? Like when you type one up and submit it, it's sent to an admin who can either approve it or move it to it's appropriate thread?
You want them to change your undies too Maritonic? They have enough on their plate as is and besides we would be giving them too much power and we know SpaceG loves his powa. Hell, bet you he has crystals all over his desk sucking the energy out of the TK forums as we speak.

Plus, what if a user has a good idea for a thread but they dont? He comes on telling everyone he got rejected then Ill come in fighting for his thread then we derail threads then get warnings someone comes along defends me he gets a warning then pretty soon all hell breaks loose.....pretty nasty stuff. No BIG forum Government.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

goji89 wrote:
You want them to change your undies too Maritonic? They have enough on their plate as is and besides we would be giving them too much power and we know SpaceG loves his powa. Hell, bet you he has crystals all over his desk sucking the energy out of the TK forums as we speak.

Plus, what if a user has a good idea for a thread but they dont? He comes on telling everyone he got rejected then Ill come in fighting for his thread then we derail threads then get warnings someone comes along defends me he gets a warning then pretty soon all hell breaks loose.....pretty nasty stuff. No BIG forum Government.
First of all, you have the most amazing sense of humor I've ever experienced. You always make me laugh.

Second, I see your point. Don't disagree, actually. I just feel like there has to be some sort of a solution to all these junk/unnecessary threads that keep getting made.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Maritonic wrote: First of all, you have the most amazing sense of humor I've ever experienced. You always make me laugh.
:oops: ....You sir are too kind.
Last edited by goji89 on Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Ironically enough, I've tested a similar feature A LONG time ago. The feature is called "Moderation Queue" and it can be tied to user rank or sub forums entirely.

While I like the idea to troll the user base on April Fools, I feel its far to over-reaching on our part. Really seal the deal of "fascist TK" if we ever implemented this legitimately outside of a special sub forum (actually bounced the idea for the FM Section awhile back). That and you need a Mod/Admin to manually approve the thread/posts which is just tedious, time consuming and can be easily subject to bias.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

SpaceG92 wrote: That and you need a Mod/Admin to manually approve the thread/posts which is just tedious, time consuming and can be easily subject to bias.
So you are lazy AND admit that you "could" be bias......yeah sounds about right.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

goji89 wrote:
SpaceG92 wrote: That and you need a Mod/Admin to manually approve the thread/posts which is just tedious, time consuming and can be easily subject to bias.
So you are lazy AND admit that you "could" be bias......yeah sounds about right.
Please don't be mis-wording what I said. The one thing that peeve's me more is a strawman argument.
SpaceG92 wrote:you need a Mod/Admin to manually approve the thread/posts -
No specific person mentioned. Painted with a broad brush since all moderators and admins will be able to approve threads/posts.
SpaceG92 wrote:-which is just tedious, time consuming and can be easily subject to bias.
This is just true. Who in their right mind, wants to approve every post made by a user? It's not lazy, it's impractical. Same goes for bias. Just throwing it out there - but what if Mod X doesn't particularly care for a user's Fantasy Match? One get's posted in moderation queue, doesn't get approved because "they think it's stupid." It's all subjective, and in the end it gives the staff way to much flak if Thread A get's approved by not Thread X.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

SpaceG92 wrote: Rant
:eh: .....Got your skivvies on tight today bro. Obviously I was joking, its like you dont know me at all.....and that hurts my fragile feelings :cry: .

See my conversation with Maritonic below in which I stated everything in your post and in which you just confirmed. So calm down....... :lol: ....oh thats what was missing that stupid laughing emoji, my bad.

Added in 2 minutes 52 seconds:
goji89 wrote:

Last edited by goji89 on Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Is there any way to increase the inbox size? Maybe this just a problem I have from running an rpg, but I keep running out of space and having to delete things that contain info I might need to refer to later.

Again, maybe this is just a personal problem, but thought I’d ask.
Last edited by KaijuCanuck on Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

KaijuCanuck wrote:Is there any way to increase the inbox size? Maybe this just a problem I have from running an rpg, but I keep running out of space and having to delete things that contain info I might need to refer to later.

If you haven't already, create a Pastebin and continuously add the PM info to it. That way you can delete the messages with that info.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

KaijuCanuck wrote:Is there any way to increase the inbox size? Maybe this just a problem I have from running an rpg, but I keep running out of space and having to delete things that contain info I might need to refer to later.

Yes. Same problem, same reason.

And also I'm mostly what keeps filling his inbox. :)
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

UltramanGoji wrote:

If you haven't already, create a Pastebin and continuously add the PM info to it. That way you can delete the messages with that info.
I’ll try that, thanks!

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

KaijuCanuck wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:

I’ll try that, thanks!
Wow - sorry for the extremely late reply. I have no idea how I missed this.

PM size can be increased and I'll actually look into it. might bump it to 100 or 125. I just don't want excess data taken up by people who don't delete their PMs D:

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

SpaceG92 wrote:
KaijuCanuck wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:
I’ll try that, thanks!
Wow - sorry for the extremely late reply. I have no idea how I missed this.

PM size can be increased and I'll actually look into it. might bump it to 100 or 125. I just don't want excess data taken up by people who don't delete their PMs D:
That would be awesome, thanks! :D

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Can a new rule be instated that you actually need to participate in discussion here and not just plop down a link to your YouTube channel in a thread every other day and bounce out? It’s borderline spam and kind of annoying to have a new post notification that turns out to just be a guy plugging his latest review or what not.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

UltramanGoji wrote:Can a new rule be instated that you actually need to participate in discussion here and not just plop down a link to your YouTube channel in a thread every other day and bounce out? It’s borderline spam and kind of annoying to have a new post notification that turns out to just be a guy plugging his latest review or what not.
Noticed this too, mostly with toy reviews. I can understand if it's once in a while and you've been active discussing beforehand, but when the posting history is almost entirely video links...
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

godzillafan1954
EDF Instructor

Post by godzillafan1954 »

GigaBowserG wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:Can a new rule be instated that you actually need to participate in discussion here and not just plop down a link to your YouTube channel in a thread every other day and bounce out? It’s borderline spam and kind of annoying to have a new post notification that turns out to just be a guy plugging his latest review or what not.
Noticed this too, mostly with toy reviews. I can understand if it's once in a while and you've been active discussing beforehand, but when the posting history is almost entirely video links...
A certain member here just completely spams YouTube videos and just straight ignores anyone who replies to the topic.
eabaker wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:31 am
Jetty_Jags wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:11 am I’d consider 2001 baragon to have some pink undertones.
I hear a distant rumbling... What's that?! It's coming from under the ground!

Oh, God! It's Baragon with Pink undertones! Can't you hear its terrifying cry?!

"Baragooooooon's comin' up, so you better get this party started!"

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

godzillafan1954 wrote:
GigaBowserG wrote:
A certain member here just completely spams YouTube videos and just straight ignores anyone who replies to the topic.
Who?
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Can you please PM a Mod or Admin about this matter and we can go from there :)

While annoying, it may not actually violate rules but it's something we need to look at.