Board Styles Discussion (Prior to 2020)

A place for users to address comments, suggestions, submissions, or errors found on Toho Kingdom and its forum.

Which board style do you use?

Battra (Blue - Dark)
3%
Biollante (Green - Dark)
17%
Destoroyah (Red)
6%
Gigan (Blue - Dark)
11%
Godzilla 1954 (Gray - Basic)
No votes
Godzilla 2002 Fire (Gray - Dark)
6%
Godzilla 2014 (Purple)
17%
Gotengo (Blue - Dark)
22%
Jet Jaguar (Black)
No votes
Kaiju Outline (Purple)
8%
King Ghidorah (Gold)
No votes
Legion (Teal)
No votes
Manda (Green)
No votes
Mechagodzilla (White - Classic)
No votes
Mothra (Blue)
6%
Mothra Leo (Aqua Blue)
No votes
Rodan (Brown)
3%
<Not Listed> (Future Style)
3%

Total votes: 36

F4ZaTE_X
Terminated
Terminated

Re: Board Styles Discussion

Post by F4ZaTE_X »

Why is the no Main Site button thing an issue anyway? Literally just delete everything out of the URL except the main tohokingdom.com. There! Problem solved!
Man of Steel wrote:I like the Biollante design but it's just too wide for the screen; if you know what I mean. I was super glad that Arbok added the Mecha Ghidorah theme again (now this time it's called the Mechagodzilla theme), but, it's the same problem, it's just too wide for the screen. :\ I think I'm just going to stick to the Kaiju Outline one.
There are some problems with devices with resolutions that are less than or equal to 1366x768 from what I've seen.
Derzerb wrote:And his name is WARNED USER

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

F4ZaTE_X wrote:Why is the no Main Site button thing an issue anyway? Literally just delete everything out of the URL except the main tohokingdom.com. There! Problem solved!
Because its…
1. Annoying
2. Tedious
3. Possible to fix
4. Annoying

When there's a problem, you fix it, you don't sweep it under the rug, and pretend it never happened ;)
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

Post by Castellan Zilla »

Couldn't you bookmark the main site or keep it opened in another tab. That's what I'd do.
I will explain slowly why you are wrong.

The Godzilla King
Interpol Agent

Post by The Godzilla King »

F4ZaTE_X wrote:Why is the no Main Site button thing an issue anyway? Literally just delete everything out of the URL except the main tohokingdom.com. There! Problem solved!
Exactly! It takes less than 2 seconds, I don't get why everyone's complaining. I have the button but I don't use it because it's not that hard to delete the rest of the URL.

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

Psh, don't know what you're all talking about #Purple Kaiju Outline Master Race. :P
Godzilla

Rodan
Gotengo Officer

Post by Rodan »

I don't feel like any of these are as readable as the previous version. I mean, yeah, the kitschy Papyrus is gone, but nearly every one has some clash of blues and whites that's just blinding, too much bold font, or is too dark.

Is there a VBulletin default we can use, or something closer to the old style? It's seriously been preventing me from reading much here.

Biollante's the most tolerable one, I guess, but man -- I shouldn't have to resort to gray on green (and some of the post-editing buttons are strangely sized). It's still kind of a nightmare.

EDIT -- No, I guess it's actually "Kaiju Outline - Purple," but I wish it weren't.

I'm just going to be hugely negative about this, and I apologize, but I literally can barely look at the forums. I'd happily take an un-dressed-up default, if that's possible. I just want to be able to browse again.

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

Man of Steel wrote:I like the Biollante design but it's just too wide for the screen; if you know what I mean. I was super glad that Arbok added the Mecha Ghidorah theme again (now this time it's called the Mechagodzilla theme), but, it's the same problem, it's just too wide for the screen. :\ I think I'm just going to stick to the Kaiju Outline one.
Well the new Rodan theme I just added has a fixed pane, although most likely will continue to mix some that have a full pane, some that don't.
Inferno Rodan wrote:You were SO close to perfection there Arbok and then ya blew it! :lol:
Rodan wrote:I don't feel like any of these are as readable as the previous version. I mean, yeah, the kitschy Papyrus is gone, but nearly every one has some clash of blues and whites that's just blinding, too much bold font, or is too dark.

Is there a VBulletin default we can use, or something closer to the old style?
Not quite following... so you just want something very plain?
If it bites... don't mess with it!

KaijuFiend
Rainbowzilla

Post by KaijuFiend »

I think the styles look great, personally. Edit: Just tried out the new Rodan theme, and while it probably won't be a staple of mine thanks to my need for dark themes, it's quite nice :D

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

Post by Castellan Zilla »

Like the Rodan theme, mainly because of the fixed pane aspect of it. Very akin to the Godzilla Black from the old boards. But, being a light background my eyes will suffer. Back to my dark, easy on the eyes Queen, Biollante.
I will explain slowly why you are wrong.

Rodan
Gotengo Officer

Post by Rodan »

Arbok wrote:Not quite following... so you just want something very plain?
Basically. I've finally settled on "Purple kaiju outline" being the most readable, but it's sill kind of an eyesore--I don't know why, maybe the amount of bold or competing dark blues. I found the previous version of the forums fine, but I think really anything that's mostly black text on white, with a few blues for highlight, would be fine rather than having to whip anything complicated up.

I realized these boards run on phpBB, and from what I can see its default is a little garish as well. This is what the vBulletin default looked like at one point, and I guess it's more what I was imagining (but anything that readable would be awesome). Image grabbed from Google:

If there's a way to easily reinstate the previous forum skin, though, that'd be cool as well.

But, uh, yeah. Something very plain.

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

The Rodan theme is probably my favorite, color-wise and alignment-wise; but it looks cramped on my PC with so much blank space on either side. Is that adjustable?

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

These are pretty neat. Have to say I appreciate all the new styles
Resized Image

gigan72
Keizer

Post by gigan72 »

Switched to Biollante. Definitely best design right now.
[quote="KaijuFiend"][quote="Birdman"]Do you like what you see?[/quote]
No, and if I didn't value my eyesight so much, I'd bleach my eyes so I never had to see that shit again.[/quote]

11-22-13/11-23-14/12-27-14

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

Well, since the trailers out, can we please get some badass Shin Godzilla layouts?
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

Why are some people's avatars way bigger than what the forum allows? 100x125, but Lain's here seems much bigger.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Maverick Centigrade wrote:Why are some people's avatars way bigger than what the forum allows? 100x125, but Lain's here seems much bigger.
It might be a theme issue, what theme are you using? On mine, Lain's is cropped in both horizontal and vertical, making it smaller.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

The theme I'm using is Jet Jaguar Blacm
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I might start maining the Rodan one, now. The color scheme isn't the most appealing one ever, but it's easy on my eyes. Having the avatars back on the left is welcome, too. Plus, y'know, Rodan.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

By popular demand, added a Godzilla Fire theme back into the mix. Consequently, converted the Godzilla Generations theme into a Godzilla 2014 specific one.
Rodan wrote:But, uh, yeah. Something very plain.
Well added a basic Godzilla 1954 style.
Rody wrote:The Rodan theme is probably my favorite, color-wise and alignment-wise; but it looks cramped on my PC with so much blank space on either side. Is that adjustable?
Nope... some will have a fixed pane, some will not. The Rodan theme does have a fixed a pane.
If it bites... don't mess with it!

KaijuFiend
Rainbowzilla

Post by KaijuFiend »

Arbok wrote:By popular demand, added a Godzilla Fire theme back into the mix.
Woah, sweet! Man, quite the nostalgia rush to have it back, and I like the fine-tuning that's been done with it. I grew pretty attached to the style in the almost-two-years I was able to use it, and having it back is oddly comforting.

Biollante is still best dark style, though.