The TK Godzilla Resurgance Leak "Incidents" part 2

A place for users to address comments, suggestions, submissions, or errors found on Toho Kingdom and its forum.
miguelnuva
Justiriser

The TK Godzilla Resurgance Leak "Incidents" part 2

Post by miguelnuva »

So no reason posted as to why the last thread was locked so I maid this one to keep the discussion going.

http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewto ... 21&t=24555

I'll just start off by saying this. Tohokingdom back in the day seemed like a place where those given mod or admin power tend to eventually abuse it. I've had two friends on here mention that they let the power control them and a third say that the situation with the leaks was handled badly. At this point maybe it is time for some new blood to have a trial run as a mod.

As for the topic at hand, I understand that the forum doesn't want leaks to be on the form but I don't know why the Mods felt the need to talk down to us members instead of answering questions. All we ever got was from Chris saying the companies he worked with don't want the images up here or we could lose exclusives that we get.

Also their was mention of Toho shutting this forum down if the leaks were here. Personally I feel Toho didn't even know about the leaks till Chris called the LA office and mentioned the leaks.

The Legendary leaks keep getting brought up but legendary actually went and had the images taken down(they were hard to find if you weren't online right when they were leaked). On top of that when they were posted here Legendary contacted the site and asked the images to be taken down.

Toho has done the opposite and has not asked anything to be taken down and on top of that now there's a rumor that the shinGojira saw isn't even in the film. If Toho sent a C&D letter to the person trying to sell Return of Godzilla and asked him to stop I doubt they would have brought the hammer down on us without asking first. Back to the Chris thing the LA office didn't even know what was going on with the images.

Things got so crazy here I even got a warring for talking about US distribution of G16 in the G16 us distribution thread.

As a result we had a Mod brag about going after members which I feel is out of line, we've had them bring in what was said in a PM into a public board and we had an Admin attack members and then threaten them saying they couldn't defend themselves and that they were the reason behind said leaks and should never be trusted again.

Those reading this know who they are and sadly I feel that the Jomei thing on top of everything else going was a personal attack to get rid of him and the official reasoning behind his ban seems wired.

I hope we can all have a civil discussion but if the Mods have to just lock my thread, don't give me a warning for voicing my thoughts on the matter.

I do hope we can discuss and keep this civil however.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Re: The TK Godzilla Resurgance Leak "Incidents" part 2

Post by g2vd »

From what SG said, he was going to unlock it after MM got banned and after it was prunned.
Godzilla

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Well then maybe they can just merge these threads.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations

Post by Chris55 »

miguelnuva wrote:
Also their was mention of Toho shutting this forum down if the leaks were here. Personally I feel Toho didn't even know about the leaks till Chris called the LA office and mentioned the leaks.

The Legendary leaks keep getting brought up but legendary actually went and had the images taken down(they were hard to find if you weren't online right when they were leaked). On top of that when they were posted here Legendary contacted the site and asked the images to be taken down.

Toho has done the opposite and has not asked anything to be taken down and on top of that now there's a rumor that the shinGojira saw isn't even in the film. If Toho sent a C&D letter to the person trying to sell Return of Godzilla and asked him to stop I doubt they would have brought the hammer down on us without asking first. Back to the Chris thing the LA office didn't even know what was going on with the images.
It's not so much the "we get perks if we don't post leaks" bit. It's really to protect the site. During G14, I got contacted numerous times over leaks and it's a drag to hear from lawyers over that stuff early in the morning. Those emails aren't fun to get. While it's true that if you work with a company for the benefit of the site, it does look pretty bad if you're hosting stuff that they don't want out there. Plus, it's just common courtesy.

Toho has in the past REALLY gone after TK so much that parts of the site had to be approved

"One of the larger events of 2003, though, was when the site became known to Toho. This resulted in a large number of changes at Toho Kingdom as the site had to meet the firm's criteria. Some of these changes included the restructuring of sections, name changes to portions of the site and expanding copyright notices. The largest change, and the most controversial amongst the site's staff, was that the Toho logo must not appear on Toho Kingdom in any unlicensed manner. This proposed a huge hurdle to the staff, as the logo was abundant on the old design and content. "

http://www.tohokingdom.com/resources/site_history.htm

To further elaborate on my calling Toho, I felt that if we had those leaks up something like that might happen again. Hell, they sued Subway over a guy in a dinosaur suit walking through a city in one of their ads. So, they're a little unpredictable. When I called, I had asked if the leaks were a big deal and would we get busted if we did host them and that they were off the site for the moment. When the response you're given is "thank you for not having them on the site", there's not much you can do. So again, yeah keeping leaks off the site keeps the lawyers away but it's also key for healthy working relationships for anyone/any company we work with for the site. Also, when the guy who owns the site and pays for the site to be up and running and to have this forum says "NO LEAKS", why argue?
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

It's no longer about the leaks really for most of us for some it might still be but for the 95% of the members still here. it's about the way the Mods and Staff have handled this whole thing which to sum it up would be Revenge Of The Fallen level of excutection.
Godzilla

Chris55

Post by Chris55 »

g2vd wrote:It's no longer about the leaks really for most of us for some it might still be but for the 95% of the members still here. it's about the way the Mods and Staff have handled this whole thing which to sum it up would be Revenge Of The Fallen level of excutection.
Ok well, for those of you wondering about the leaks, that's for you :)
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

They used MM as an excuse to lock that thread, what bullshit. There was zero reason to lock the incident thread and that is just a continuation of the shitty way this was all handled. Someone brings up legitimate points (Cap and a few others) then you act like the entire thread was MM's doing and use him as a strawman to censor other users.

And this entire thing, as G2VD pointed out has less to do with the leaks themselves, and not being able to post leaked images but rather the stuff about not being able to question things and the subsequent banning of many active members.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:They used MM as an excuse to lock that thread, what bullshit.
Yes, because we can totally weaponize MM any chance we get. :P

In all seriousness, it was because the thread spiraled out of control, and Space62 was just going to prune it of the stupid and re-open it later. Alas, we got this because someone was impatient. Oh well.

Also, since we now have the thread Space62 has up, I feel this is sorta redundant. Locking it up.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!