The Stock Footage Listings Submission Thread

A place for users to address comments, suggestions, submissions, or errors found on Toho Kingdom and its forum.
g2vd
Xilien Halfling

The Stock Footage Listings Submission Thread

Post by g2vd »

This thread is for submitting Stock Footage you find in a G movie much like the Concept Art Thread. if you find one that has not been uploaded please state the sequence and which movie and which cut it appeared in like this.
Space Hunter M wrote: http://s21.postimg.org/xs0u1w187/vlcsna ... 14s243.png
There's a blink and you'll miss it bit of footage from The Mysterians at the 68 minute mark of the Columbia edit and about 76 minutes into the Japanese version.
Space Hunter M wrote: http://s1.postimg.org/knyfc074f/vlcsnap ... m00s13.png

http://s1.postimg.org/w1kyn7hn3/vlcsnap ... 41s199.png
As you can see, there's a tiny flipped snippet from The Return of Godzilla during the Sapporo sequence.
Godzilla

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Re: The Stock Footage Listings Submission Thread

Post by Terasawa »

Addition and correction for Monster Zero:

Stock footage from Mothra during Godzilla and Rodan's rampage.

The shot of the Mobiloil station being blown to smithereens was filmed for Monster Zero and not stock footage from Ghidrah, the Three-Headed Monster. Ghidorah's escape, however, is recycled from the previous film.

寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Correction for King Kong Escapes:

Stock footage (flipped) from The War of the Gargantuas as Kong comes ashore in Japan:

Stock footage from King Kong vs. Godzilla as the JSDF is deployed in Tokyo:

These are addressed in the R1 DVD and Region A Blu-Ray reviews of KKE: "On the downside, there is also some minor stock footage padding added as well, from movies such as The War of the Gargantuas (1966)."

However, that's not the case. The KKvsG and WOTG stock footage is in the Japanese version of KKE.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

(Another bump, sorry.)

The Godzilla Final Wars stock footage listing has a couple of mistakes. First of all, the screenshot allegedly from Rodan is actually from Mothra. Note the "New Kirk Motors Bild." sign. In fact, it's the same screenshot I linked in an earlier message in this thread.

The next mistake could be a site policy that I'm not aware of. The Prophecies of Nostradamus stock footage in GFW's opening credits (the exploding highway) is actually from The Return of Godzilla. Now obviously the shot in question originated with PON, however, I think Kyle Cooper used the flipped and cropped footage from ROG instead. Screenshots to support my theory:

PON

ROG (Same framing and flipped orientation as in GFW.)
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

Terasawa wrote:The next mistake could be a site policy that I'm not aware of. The Prophecies of Nostradamus stock footage in GFW's opening credits (the exploding highway) is actually from The Return of Godzilla. Now obviously the shot in question originated with PON, however, I think Kyle Cooper used the flipped and cropped footage from ROG instead. Screenshots to support my theory:

PON
http://i.imgur.com/xhayLPn.png

ROG (Same framing and flipped orientation as in GFW.)
http://i.imgur.com/UDEuWnV.png
That may be the case, but if I'm correct, the stock footage listings always use the movie the scene was originally shot for. So here, even if the flipped footage from TROG was used, it's still from PON, and that's the movie that gets listed.
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

Terasawa wrote:These are addressed in the R1 DVD and Region A Blu-Ray reviews of KKE: "On the downside, there is also some minor stock footage padding added as well, from movies such as The War of the Gargantuas (1966)."

However, that's not the case. The KKvsG and WOTG stock footage is in the Japanese version of KKE.
Isn't there some additional footage in the US cut via stock footage that is not in the Japanese cut? Like I think the US cut features the police from the town evacuation, but cuts away before Gaira would have appeared over a building in broad daylight. But who knows.. maybe my memory is playing tricks on me, as I only have KKE the Japanese cut on VHS. I could have sworn the footage of the farmers evacuating while Gaira runs in the background (swapped out for King Kong in the 1967 film) was exclusive to the US cut, but I'm watching an abridged video of the Japanese version and see that scene there so I could be working under a false assumption there. Will require at some stage digging out my VHS player.

Anyway, these other notations will appear in the next update, so thanks.
G-Matt wrote:That may be the case, but if I'm correct, the stock footage listings always use the movie the scene was originally shot for. So here, even if the flipped footage from TROG was used, it's still from PON, and that's the movie that gets listed.
Correct. Same applies for overlays, if for example a beam was overlaid on footage from Godzilla vs. Hedorah for Godzilla vs. Gigan that was later reused... Godzilla vs. Hedorah would be cited for it.
If it bites... don't mess with it!

StAiRcAsE KiTtY
Terminated
Terminated

Post by StAiRcAsE KiTtY »

Stock footage of stock footage in a montage of stock footage.
You want a battle...
Here's a war!

RIP, Judas. An amazing idea, gone before it was created.

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

I still find it absolutely hilarious how "The Last War" was still being used for stock footage all the way to Godzilla Vs. Destroyah.
Godzilla