The Commonly Asked Questions Thread

A place for users to address comments, suggestions, submissions, or errors found on Toho Kingdom and its forum.
HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Re: The Commonly Asked Questions Thread

Post by HillyHulk »

Maritonic wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:19 pm
HillyHulk wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:07 pm How do you add images to your signature? I'm trying to and don't quite understand.
Edit signature, then basically just find the image source link. Hit the "PIC" button, find the appropriate size (400x200 is usually what I go with) and there ya go.
It worked using image instead of Pic, but thanks all the same.

Rurouni Senator
Yojimbo

Post by Rurouni Senator »

Hello, I find two particular things about this forum to be rather strange:

1. Profile data and post count appear on the left side of the screen, but those who log in see it to their right. Why is this a thing? It feels weird.

2. I saw that two members joined these boards a few days apart and have different post counts. The member with higher post count and later (I think) join date is still in blue name period, but the one on the other end of the spectrum graduated that. Both joined February this year. How do I graduate blue name phase?
Last edited by Rurouni Senator on Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

You have a baby Godzilla wearing a bathing suit as an avatar that creepily blinks and you don't question that lol?

Rurouni Senator
Yojimbo

goji89 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:54 pm You have a baby Godzilla wearing a bathing suit as an avatar that creepily blinks and you don't question that lol?
:lol:

All I can think of looking at it is; "I would certainly love to be able to get rid of it"

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

I was literally coming here to ask if anyone else gets creeped out by the occasional blinking of the default avatars. I guess I found my answer.
He Jock it Made of Steel

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Rurouni Senator wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:24 pm Hello, I find two particular things about this forum to be rather strange:

1. Profile data and post count appear on the left side of the screen, but those who log in see it to their right. Why is this a thing? It feels weird.

2. I saw that two members joined these boards a few days apart and have different post counts. The member with higher post count and later (I think) join date is still in blue name period, but the one on the other end of the spectrum graduated that. Both joined February this year. How do I graduate blue name phase?
1. No clue.

2. http://tohokingdom.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=30839
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Rurouni Senator
Yojimbo

Maritonic wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:48 am1. No clue.
Thank you for answering my questions. :)

And sorry about the second question. I saw the answer after the last edit I made and kept it there. :oops:

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Rurouni Senator wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:02 am
Maritonic wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:48 am1. No clue.
Thank you for answering my questions. :)

And sorry about the second question. I saw the answer after the last edit I made and kept it there. :oops:
I honestly would answer I just...don't really know how? The program the forums run on isn't my area of expertise lol.

And no need to be sorry; it's a common question, and this is the common question thread. I am constantly checking on the "blue names" and trying to get people approved. So, don't worry. If you're legit, it's just a matter of time. Sorry that it's this way, but it's better than the alternative.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Rurouni Senator
Yojimbo

Maritonic wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:08 amI honestly would answer I just...don't really know how? The program the forums run on isn't my area of expertise lol.

And no need to be sorry; it's a common question, and this is the common question thread. I am constantly checking on the "blue names" and trying to get people approved. So, don't worry. If you're legit, it's just a matter of time. Sorry that it's this way, but it's better than the alternative.
I've seen plenty of spambots on other boards, so I understand the probationary measure. :)

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Rurouni Senator wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:24 pm Hello, I find two particular things about this forum to be rather strange:

VERY LATE to the party but easily explained.

Forum themes are coded different. The default has them situated on the left, while other forum themes could have them on the right. You can configure the forum theme for Guest and Default User Theme and have them be different. Same with how the forum menus are structured or even how user profile data from a post is either left or right alternating every other post. All depends on theme.

Your other part of the post was a nailed by Maritonic, so ima gloss that one :P
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

Rurouni Senator
Yojimbo

SpaceG92 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:26 am VERY LATE to the party but easily explained.

Forum themes are coded different. The default has them situated on the left, while other forum themes could have them on the right. You can configure the forum theme for Guest and Default User Theme and have them be different. Same with how the forum menus are structured or even how user profile data from a post is either left or right alternating every other post. All depends on theme.

Your other part of the post was a nailed by Maritonic, so ima gloss that one :P
Thanks Space, :)

Masterofsome01
Samurai

Post by Masterofsome01 »

I have tried to post topics on the Fantasy Matches board and I have joined the User Group for it, but the matches I want to post involve Ultra Kaiju and when I try to post the links to the Kaiju's page on the Ultraman wiki it says I can't post links to other sites off of Toho Kingdom, yet I've seen matches that do just that.

Am I doing something wrong? or is it something I can't do because I'm still in the probationary period of my membership?

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

Is there a way I can filter out what appears in my new posts page? I have no interest in certain sections of the forum, and would greatly appreciate if I could filter them out.
He Jock it Made of Steel

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Jetty_Jags wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:35 am Is there a way I can filter out what appears in my new posts page? I have no interest in certain sections of the forum, and would greatly appreciate if I could filter them out.
Not currently, unfortunately. There used to be a "Blacklist Thread" option but that was removed when the forums were upgraded a few years ago.

Joseph Goodman
Monarch Researcher

Post by Joseph Goodman »

Is there a way to embed Tweets? Can you even do this with phpBB?

H-Man
G-Grasper

Post by H-Man »

Curiosity: What happens to older topics/threads? Are they periodically deleted or archived? I vaguely recall threads in the Monster Manor that have disappeared, and old Attractive Fictional Characters threads disappearing as well.

GmkGoji
Gotengo Officer

Post by GmkGoji »

Whats going on with the "Team Era" signatures? I'd love to join in, but I need context.
Resized Image
Heiki, hecchara!

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

GmkGoji wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:32 am Whats going on with the "Team Era" signatures? I'd love to join in, but I need context.
Custom sigs for the Godzilla Design Bracket challenge going on in general films. Not sure how they're made but I'd check there.

RIP Evan.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

I gotta ask because I've been looking and can't seem to find an answer (though I know it's here somewhere)
How do you properly post a youtube video?
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Joseph Goodman
Monarch Researcher

Post by Joseph Goodman »

Major sssspielberg! wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:33 am I gotta ask because I've been looking and can't seem to find an answer (though I know it's here somewhere)
How do you properly post a youtube video?
[YouTube]your Youtube link here[/YouTube]