Godzilla:Daikaiju Battle Royale Discussion (Update: Christmas 2023)

A place for users to show off their creativity in the forms of art, music, movies or games.
ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Re: Godzilla:Daikaiju Battle Royale Discussion (Update: Christmas 2020)

Post by ShinGojira14 »

LegendZilla wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:33 pm Since we are living in an era where Flash is on its way out, computers could drop support for it completely at any time. My point is in light of that, you might have to completely re-do this game from scratch one day. Just thought I'd bring up such a possibility to ease you.
How is this supposed to ease anyone?
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

LegendZilla wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:33 pm Since we are living in an era where Flash is on its way out, computers could drop support for it completely at any time. My point is in light of that, you might have to completely re-do this game from scratch one day. Just thought I'd bring up such a possibility to ease you.
It has been 5 months since Alex posted on the forums.

Can you please PM him this shit if you're that concerned instead of just dropping this in the thread in the vague hope he sees it.

(not even gonna argue how this is neither ease or accurate)

RIP Evan.

MetalliSteveKaiju
Yojimbo

Post by MetalliSteveKaiju »

Uh dude. You have to do Hedorah next year as the next years update. I know he wasn't on the priority 1 list but was in the priority 2 list. Just watched that new video with G2004 and Hedorah 2004. Awesome video. Anyway no doubt you'll add the 2004 version at the same time. Now that we can see Hedorah in action you can see his abilities and replicate them for them game. Using the gas attack was quite cool.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

MetalliSteveKaiju wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:10 am Uh dude. You have to do Hedorah next year as the next years update. I know he wasn't on the priority 1 list but was in the priority 2 list. Just watched that new video with G2004 and Hedorah 2004. Awesome video. Anyway no doubt you'll add the 2004 version at the same time. Now that we can see Hedorah in action you can see his abilities and replicate them for them game. Using the gas attack was quite cool.
Don’t make demands here. I know where it leads.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

I cannot exactly remember but I believe GDBR released on the 14th or 18th of December, its absolutely brilliant the legacy that this game has had and the great memories its given me and a ton of others to be sure. Alex, Darth Calypso and omgitsgodzilla's dedication to the game has been incredible, its actually funny to think this game was started when all we had were rumblings of Godzilla 2014 back in 2010/2011, when Godzilla Unleashed was less than 5 years old and now look at where we are both for GDBR and the franchise as a whole. GDBR started with more simple characters like the first Gorosaurus iteration and now we have military and alien characters playable, classic launch characters remade, and brilliant complex animations like Biollante, the Mutos, Shin, and way more. GDBR has been going for almost 9 years now and that is really cool

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

ROMG4 wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:55 am I cannot exactly remember but I believe GDBR released on the 14th or 18th of December, its absolutely brilliant the legacy that this game has had and the great memories its given me and a ton of others to be sure. Alex, Darth Calypso and omgitsgodzilla's dedication to the game has been incredible, its actually funny to think this game was started when all we had were rumblings of Godzilla 2014 back in 2010/2011, when Godzilla Unleashed was less than 5 years old and now look at where we are both for GDBR and the franchise as a whole. GDBR started with more simple characters like the first Gorosaurus iteration and now we have military and alien characters playable, classic launch characters remade, and brilliant complex animations like Biollante, the Mutos, Shin, and way more. GDBR has been going for almost 9 years now and that is really cool
It’s the Godzilla side-scroller we all wanted so badly, free to play without spending so much as a single penny.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Mind if we start speculating what the next character could be?

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

LegendZilla wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:17 pm Mind if we start speculating what the next character could be?
I don’t think it a good idea to do that, Alex already said he tired of these comments or At least that what I remember

Added in 1 minute 59 seconds:
I hope that Alex is doing alright
Last edited by Thatguy4683 on Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:57 pm
LegendZilla wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:17 pm Mind if we start speculating what the next character could be?
I don’t think it a good idea to do that, Alex already said he tired of these comments or At least that what I remember

What's wrong with Alex? I hope he's safe.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

LegendZilla wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:58 pm

I just thought he was very stress out on his work and been taking alot breaks

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:02 pm

Yikes, I hope he doesn't undergo a full-blown depression.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

LegendZilla wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:04 pm
Thatguy4683 wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:02 pm

Yikes, I hope he doesn't undergo a full-blown depression.
I hope so too

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I think it could really raise his spirits if we expressed gratitude if he is able to pull off another update this year.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Better yet, let him know it's perfectly okay if he isn't able to pull off another update this year. Fan projects like these are for fun, after all. We can wait. If you're reading this, Alex, there's no need to stress yourself over trying to please us. Take as long as you need.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

I've found that recently I no longer really want to speculate on what the next character or rework will be as I feel it kinds of Alex in a bit of a bind. You know he's working on one character but than if everyone is just talking about something else its like "should I release this character, will I be disappointing them?" obviously its just conjecture and I know not what Alex is thinking or has thought but I imagine he has quite a few times over the years

I feel that anything that should be added to the game should be Alex wants and not much else, in truth I've come to realize that's how it should have always been because it is Alex's game and making each free character, updating the game and handling bugs while balancing's one personal and work related life as he has is absolutely remarkable. And even if that wasn't the case and all Alex had to ever do was work on the game its still his game and the game is a product of his creativity and should only be driven by such

I don't feel that Alex should be under any pressure to meet traditional release dates as he has in the past he should release and work on updates only when he wants to I'll gladly play whenever he releases an update
Thatguy4683 wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:08 pm I hope so too
Yeah some small parts of the extended GDBR fanbase in the past have pretty obnoxious, its a contributing reason why Livingcorpse retired from it most of them are usually teens that don't quite understand. However some people tend to forget that this is not a paid game owned by a studio and instead just one fan wanting to make the NES sequel there never was which I believe he has absolutely succeeded at

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Spuro wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:10 pm Better yet, let him know it's perfectly okay if he isn't able to pull off another update this year. Fan projects like these are for fun, after all. We can wait. If you're reading this, Alex, there's no need to stress yourself over trying to please us. Take as long as you need.
Valid argument. Objecting to it will be pretty dickish.

AWMGodzilla62
G-Force Personnel

Re: Godzilla:Daikaiju Battle Royale Discussion (Update: Christmas 2021)

Post by AWMGodzilla62 »

Merry Christmas my friends. It's a Christmas miracle I managed to pull off another very last minute addition to the game, along with another epic track to go with him from Vinnie! Now the only question is... WHO could it be?

You'll have to redownload the game to find out. The Mac version is still uploading, but Windows is done and so is the Browser version if you can somehow play it still!
Last edited by AWMGodzilla62 on Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

AWMGodzilla62 wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:13 pm Merry Christmas my friends. It's a Christmas miracle I managed to pull off another very last minute addition to the game, along with another epic track to go with him from Vinnie! Now the only question is... WHO could it be?

You'll have to redownload the game to find out. The Mac version is still uploading, but Windows is done and so is the Browser version if you can somehow play it still!
Congrats on being able to do another update despite what your are going through in life. Goes to show that you're a tough cookie. ;) Marry Christmas Alex.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

AWMGodzilla62 wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:13 pm Merry Christmas my friends. It's a Christmas miracle I managed to pull off another very last minute addition to the game, along with another epic track to go with him from Vinnie! Now the only question is... WHO could it be?

Merry Christmas to you too dude

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Hell yeah! Merry Christmas Alex, as always, appreciate the hell out of you working on this whenever you can.

Spoiler:
A great choice as well. Underated Toho kaiju getting the spotlight.

RIP Evan.