Fan-Made Kaiju Redesign Thread

A place for users to show off their creativity in the forms of art, music, movies or games.
Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Re: Best and Worse Kaiju Redesigns

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

I'm sorry, I just can't vibe with that upper half. At least, it's a better chrome MG than Heisei.

Kaiju-Killer 751
Monsterland Worker

Post by Kaiju-Killer 751 »

Kaiju-Killer 751 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:19 am I had an idea for a redesign, sort of based off of how Titanosaurus in Godzilla: Singular Point has traits of other kaiju in their design (namely Godzilla's dorsal fins) and what other kaiju could sort of be 'hybridized'

Namely, I was thinking what if we sort of merged Gorosaurus and Zilla together? Both are big, agile reptiles with a proclivity for high kicks and burrowing, both have very obviously dinosaur inspired designs (Gorosaurus for a vintage look and Zilla for a more 'modern' build) and both are often sidelined for other more 'interesting' monsters.

I figured I'd make the base monster Gorosaurus (given he gets so little love these days) but having some 'Zilla' traits as well; Because Goro is primarily a brawling kaiju, I gave him Zilla's longer arms to grapple and dig with, as well as a long, muscular tail to balance on in order to perform his signature Kangaroo Kick or to smack people with. I also made his backspikes more overtly like Zilla's reverse shark fin scutes and the scaled 'plating' on his arms and legs, alongside a slightly boxier head.

It's rushed as hell and probably falls within the 'bad' Kaiju redesigns, but I thought it'd be cool to merge the two together; Gorosaurus would still be the tooth and claw kaiju we know and love, but even faster with arms that are good for grappling, and maybe Zilla's 'Power Breath' as a ranged attack in the form of like, this supersonic roar that can blow enemies back.

I'm reposting this in light of
Spoiler:
Godzilla's various forms in the new Singular Point Anime, namely that of Terrestris, who is literally a fusion of Gorosaurus and Zilla with Little Godzilla/Minilla Atomic Halos.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

The idea behind this redesign is that she's a sort of living coral reef. She's a peaceful creature until a oil spill kill her babies and turns her into the famous dark godzilla design. For its anatomy I was inspired by sea slugs, axolotls and frogs.
https://www.artstation.com/adriencantone

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

tbeasley wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 8:52 pm Image
The idea behind this redesign is that she's a sort of living coral reef. She's a peaceful creature until a oil spill kill her babies and turns her into the famous dark godzilla design. For its anatomy I was inspired by sea slugs, axolotls and frogs.
Saw this on r/GODZILLA a few days back. I actually really like it. Pretty cute and creative
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

I actually kinda think maybe I like it.

ArtMaker
Interpol Agent

Post by ArtMaker »

Nice.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

A little too garish but overall silhouette slaps.

Anyways, Apgigan has made a very... unique Behemoth.

Bob Sherlock
Yojimbo

Post by Bob Sherlock »

Looks like Behemoth’s a zombie. Not really a fan.

RandomNerd
Yojimbo

Post by RandomNerd »

Is that behemoth extracting it’s rib cages forward? If that’s the case then that’s quite interesting.

Kaiju-Killer 751
Monsterland Worker

Post by Kaiju-Killer 751 »

Definitely a bit detail heavy, but I like it myself.
Bob Sherlock wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 3:47 pm Looks like Behemoth’s a zombie. Not really a fan.
Maybe they're meant to be like a living jungle or something?

Also I really like this Monga design, and Bagan just makes me think of a Bakugan...which isn't inherently bad tbh, as I still love that series but...I'unno.

Flurreo
Ronin

Post by Flurreo »

that bagan is literally just a dinosaur that looks like bagan, really not a fan

RandomNerd
Yojimbo

Post by RandomNerd »

I’ve seen that bagan many times and while it is a pretty cool design, it didn’t age well in the sense that it’s from the era where every kaiju would get made into a generic dinosaur and every one (on deviantart) was influenced by the legend Matt Frank himself. In short, bagan I feel could go another route when it comes to designs but as far as that other kaiju redesign, that one is good.

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

RandomNerd wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 4:14 pm Is that behemoth extracting it’s rib cages forward? If that’s the case then that’s quite interesting.
No, he has a second mouth in his stomach. In the mythology of the Amazonas countries, the Mapinguary (the monster Behemoth is named after in the KOTM novelization) has a mouth in its stomach filled with sharp teeth.

second one is a bit hard to see but if you look close enough the mouth is there
Last edited by Gawdziller1954 on Mon May 31, 2021 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

RandomNerd
Yojimbo

Post by RandomNerd »

Ah, I see. Well that’s even more interesting then. Then again, I’ve always found integrating mythology and cultural aspects into kaijus an interesting concept.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

RandomNerd wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 1:03 pm Ah, I see. Well that’s even more interesting then. Then again, I’ve always found integrating mythology and cultural aspects into kaijus an interesting concept.
What would you know about mythology and integrating it towards Kaiju.... You're just some RandomNerd.

Damn, I wanted to say that for a while lol.

RandomNerd
Yojimbo

Post by RandomNerd »

Lol, you got me!

merio
GPN Volunteer

Post by merio »

I know this isn't related at all but damn I got confused between your interactions because you guys had similar profile pictures at first glance so I thought goji89 was talking to himself.
Last edited by merio on Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
he/him 17

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

merio wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:04 am I know this isn't related at all but damn I got confused between your interactions because you guys had similar profile pictures at first glance so I thought goji89 was talking to himself.
Wouldn’t be the first time that’s happened :lol:
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

merio wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:04 am I know this isn't related at all but damn I got confused between your interactions because you guys had similar profile pictures at first glance so I thought goji89 was talking to himself.
How in the Hell can you confuse him with me? He has kiryugoji while I have the best damn Godzilla profile pic in the entire damn forum.

Also, I do talk to myself but that's neither here nor there.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Image Gabara by RayMondtirado I do the upper half of this design but he looks like he’s been skipping every leg days