Fan-Made Kaiju Redesign Thread

A place for users to show off their creativity in the forms of art, music, movies or games.
tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Re: Best and Worse Kaiju Redesigns

Post by tbeasley »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 6:55 am Image Gigan by Darthraptor97
[YouTube]https://youtu.be/h3KGCWaKdh4[/YouTube]

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Possibly posted here before, but Godzilla and King Ghidorah by Tyrant28.

KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

ArtMaker
Interpol Agent

Post by ArtMaker »

Kaijufan113’s spin on a MonsterVerse Gorosaurus. I think it’s pretty decent, though he could be beefed up a tad more. Since Gorosaurus in canon is a descendant of the Allosaurus, the updated design makes sense. As for the Godzilla looking spins running down his back, they are there because of how most of the other creatures seen in the Hollow Earth have them. For me, I like the Nile Monitor colour scheme.

https://www.deviantart.com/kaijufan113/ ... -879413571

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

ArtMaker wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 12:22 pm Kaijufan113’s spin on a MonsterVerse Gorosaurus. I think it’s pretty decent, though he could be beefed up a tad more. Since Gorosaurus in canon is a descendant of the Allosaurus, the updated design makes sense. As for the Godzilla looking spins running down his back, they are there because of how most of the other creatures seen in the Hollow Earth have them. For me, I like the Nile Monitor colour scheme.

Personally, I think they’re really bad. It just looks like a typical Allosaur and it’s lost everything special about Gorosaurus. How is he meant to Kangaroo kick with his spindly legs and short tail?
Last edited by Voyager on Thu May 13, 2021 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For Emperor and Empire!

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

I'm cooking up a Ghidorah you guys are either going to hate or accept with open arms LOL
(He does in fact have legs)
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Thu May 13, 2021 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

ArtMaker wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 12:22 pm Kaijufan113’s spin on a MonsterVerse Gorosaurus. I think it’s pretty decent, though he could be beefed up a tad more. Since Gorosaurus in canon is a descendant of the Allosaurus, the updated design makes sense. As for the Godzilla looking spins running down his back, they are there because of how most of the other creatures seen in the Hollow Earth have them. For me, I like the Nile Monitor colour scheme.

It just a allosaurus, he look nothing like Gorosaurus

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 1:02 pm

Yeah it's literally just an allosaurus. From kaijufan113s DeviantArt it seems like he thinks "kaiju" just means "really really big".

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

_JNavs_ wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 1:05 pm
Thatguy4683 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 1:02 pm

Yeah it's literally just an allosaurus. From kaijufan113s DeviantArt it seems like he thinks "kaiju" just means "really really big".
Yeah exactly

Added in 1 minute 51 seconds:
Image by Tyrant28

Trike7117
Yojimbo

Post by Trike7117 »

Yeah do kinda have to agree with people that they just look pretty generic tbh if I saw it without context I’d just think it was a shrink wrapped allo if I were to suggest what could be improved would be that it needs to be beefed up and givin something iconic from goro so it’s more recognizable

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Voyager wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 2:12 am Image
King Ghidorah by MatthewOnArt.

Not a fan of this. Turns out the outside heads are just probosci for draining fluids of victims.
I love this and the idea. I think if it was just given maybe 20% less alien traits, and maybe something like scales it would be easier for people to accept.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

_JNavs_ wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 12:44 pm I'm cooking up a Ghidorah you guys are either going to hate or accept with open arms LOL
If it's not too far out there I'll like it at least.

Added in 1 minute 33 seconds:
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 9:53 pm
Voyager wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 2:12 am Image
King Ghidorah by MatthewOnArt.

Not a fan of this. Turns out the outside heads are just probosci for draining fluids of victims.
I love this and the idea. I think if it was just given maybe 20% less alien traits, and maybe something like scales it would be easier for people to accept.
Do you have an opinion on the skull face of the center head? I personally wish it had a more dragon-ish face.
For Emperor and Empire!

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Image Shinomura by God himself
Last edited by Thatguy4683 on Fri May 14, 2021 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

That Gorosaurus redesign is just the Jurassic World Allosaurus with different paintjobs.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 2:47 am Image
Shinomura by God himself
As usual, TrollMans has brought us another masterpiece.
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Fri May 14, 2021 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 2:47 am Image Shinomura by God himself
YOu know, I'd assume this is what Shinomura actually looks like, but Awakening's art style is so bad I really couldn't tell until I saw this.
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Voyager wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 9:55 pm
_JNavs_ wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 12:44 pm I'm cooking up a Ghidorah you guys are either going to hate or accept with open arms LOL
Hopefully lol! Here he is,

Okay so moment of truth, I decided to color in Ghidorah with colored pencils instead of using photoshop like I used for my Rhedosaurus (so detailing might be lacking). Again some of you may think it's too traditional, and some of you might think it's too odd but we'll see.

A baphomet inspired third head, and Eastern dragon inspired other heads. Figured since Ghidorah is traditionally "the devil" across the planet, he'd have some design elements of religious demons from all types of religion. He has a third tail so that every head has a secondary weapon and he's got those wonderful manes you all clamored that you wanted to see return, so I brought them back on absolute MAX, with a Nordic serpent inspired style.

Added in 12 minutes 6 seconds:
(Wings aren't fully extended due to me running out of paper space lol, trust i would've made them look more devilish)
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Fri May 14, 2021 9:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

_JNavs_ wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 9:48 am
Voyager wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 9:55 pm
Hopefully lol! Here he is,

Okay so moment of truth, I decided to color in Ghidorah with colored pencils instead of using photoshop like I used for my Rhedosaurus (so detailing might be lacking). Again some of you may think it's too traditional, and some of you might think it's too odd but we'll see.

A baphomet inspired third head, and Eastern dragon inspired other heads. Figured since Ghidorah is traditionally "the devil" across the planet, he'd have some design elements of religious demons from all types of religion. He has a third tail so that every head has a secondary weapon and he's got those wonderful manes you all clamored that you wanted to see return, so I brought them back on absolute MAX, with a Nordic serpent inspired style.

(Wings aren't fully extended due to me running out of paper space lol, trust i would've made them look more devilish)
That is definitely unique, not the best but unique, it’s been a long time since King Ghidorah ever have a mane let alone actual hair on his body and a beard, I do like the different horns on each head it’s more pronounced than legendary‘s
Last edited by Thatguy4683 on Fri May 14, 2021 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

_JNavs_ wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 9:48 am Hopefully lol! Here he is,

The horns look great, but i would tone down the mane hair. Showa Ghidorah's hair was fluffy but this kinda makes him look like someone's inacurrate version of a feathered T-Rex.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

I feel like the hair should only go down the necks and back but otherwise, that's pretty good.

Added in 9 minutes 2 seconds:
RoFlo Felorez's Zilla.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Currently on mobile so its difficult to respond individually, but thanks so much you guys!! Yeah the manes may have been a bit much, but I figured I'd try something I hadn't really seen on a Ghidorah before. Also figured since so many animals had huge amounts of fur/hair during the ice age, a creature that travels the cold reaches of space daily would have quite the coat lol